OOC/Rants and Raves, questions and suggestions too

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: OOC/Rants and Raves, questions and suggestions too

#341 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ah you are referring to AE Architect "Something with E" I just remember everyone calling it "AE" I did play with that system and it was fun I would have liked to have done a lot more content wise on the idea I had made but it was fairly simple strange mad man making mutants that tried to take over atlas city. You fight them and seek to stop them and find the master and fight him too.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#342 Post by Rukellian »

AE architect, yes, I think that's what it was called, been so long... I frequently used it to create custom story arcs for people to play through. I didn't care much for the whole farming and powerleveling scene. I always seemed to reach my max though in the amount of stories you could have published and ready to play at one time. Overall, AE was definitely a cool feature, it was just a shame it got abused the way it did.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT

#343 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yeah I was more in for the excitement and I know they were getting abused hard but once they tweaked it a bit so it was not as easy to power level in AE the action died down a bit in that aspect. The creativity was pretty cool in some of the stuff published there though.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by Rukellian »

Sorry, couldn't resist :D The opportunity was just ripe for a zombie wall climb gif
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#345 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Sorry all for the long absence, really wasn't expecting to be gone for a week and a half... But yeah! I'm back and ready to play!
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by Rukellian »

I will get my post in for both sides Tuesday morning. Sorry for the delay guys, had a busy week and couldn't concentrate on the campaign. Will need another day to get back into the Rebirth of Power mood.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#347 Post by Rukellian »

I will have an update up for both sides tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay everyone. I just haven't had the right mindset for my campains lately. Lots going on right now with my week-long vacation being right around the corner.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#348 Post by Rukellian »

Back from my vacation guys. Sorry to keep you all waiting. I will have the updates up momentarily.

GreyWolfVT

#349 Post by GreyWolfVT »

My internet is turned off until at least next week and I can only do stuff at the library or at work. So my posting rate is going to take a dive.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by Rukellian »

Hey guys, can I get a quick a show of hands as to how many of you are still interested in continuing this game and seeing it to the end of its first part?

By knowing how many will still be actively participating, or at least kind-of-sort-of participating, it will help me prioritize what needs to be done on my end.

Also... if everyone was fine with it, I could just wrap up the game right now, give a believable ending based off of your character's actions thus far and what you probably would have done. This would push the game to an early completion and allow everyone to create a more customized hero in the Gurps system and not have to deal with something randomized from the 4C format. I would also leave it to you all whether you want to pick up from the events after Rebirth of Power or start a new 'super' campaign.

With all of the above, be sure to leave me your thoughts on any or perhaps none of it. Thanks.

-Rukellian

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#351 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I'm up for finishing it out, I like playing my villain and the hero was just getting his sword on!
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#352 Post by Zhym »

I'm still in. In the current thread, I've been figuring SCAMP's best contribution is as communication center.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by PyroArrow »

I'm Still Here as well !

I am up for finishing it out !
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

GreyWolfVT

#354 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm still here.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by Rukellian »

Alright, thanks for the input guys. It helps knowing I have more than half of my group still with me on this. I will get some update posts rolled out tomorrow morning. Been juggling a lot of things around in the background lately, so my time on this forum has been reduced at the moment.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#356 Post by Zhym »

When we make the change to GURPS, I could even have a story-related explanation for any power changes that might result: It's SCAMP 2.0, the new model! ;)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#357 Post by Rukellian »

I will have an update for both sides tomorrow morning (Friday).

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by Rukellian »

Hey guys, I think this is a bit overdue, but here it is: I would like to wrap things up in this game in a few posts and put it under complete status. Both the hero side and villain side have had many chapters completed and are pretty much at good stopping points, to be picked up later in a new game system perhaps.

Before I do this though, to any remaining players who are still with me on this, I would like to ask permission first. You have a say in this as much as I do, and if you wanted to take care of any loose ends or have some questions answered to tie those ends up, we can do that.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#359 Post by Zhym »

Complete? I thought we were just getting started. ;)

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#360 Post by PyroArrow »

Sure, go ahead & give it closure, will be interesting to try a new system !
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Return to “Rebirth of Power: a 4c system game”