Entering Blackspell

granger44
Scout
Scout

Re: Entering Blackspell

#161 Post by granger44 »

Lucius agrees that having the gold on credit is better.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by drpete »

You make your way back to the inn without incident. At the inn, Rego delivers the crab meat to the cook to crate a feast. Karolina sees the wounded Minos, and immediately jumps up fromthe table where she is sitting with a group of drunk and pretty rowdy (for this place) looking men and takes him in her arms "Oh, my poor warrior, are you hurt? How can I help? Something to drink? Let's get you feeling better, eh, my sweet man?"
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#164 Post by Rodriguez »

Fear not, the important parts are still there wench. says Ludwig with a coarse laugh as he removes his helmet.
He orders a round of drinks for the crab crew before heading upstairs to report back to Damiane.

The-Dungeon-Shaker
Tracker
Tracker

#165 Post by The-Dungeon-Shaker »

Minos Torak

"I'll be fine, honey, I just need some ale and some rest close to you."

The bulky warrior sits down with the others, curious as to what they decide to do next.

(OOC: forgot Minos is on the run... So yeah, maybe we should leave Blackspell in the near future, wherever you want to)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by drpete »

Heraclides gives Minos a drink and pats him on the shoulder, and he recovers 5 hp.

As you await the crab feast, you quickly get to know a group of (drunk, social) men in the inn, who are a group of men-at-arms led by a warrior named Ned Wakefield. They seem to have come into some money, and are enjoying the fancy atmosphere, and are looking for entertainment. They seem good natured, but rowdier than the place's usual clientele.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by PyroArrow »

Erico Caravellino {Human Thief Lvl: 6 HP: 15/15 AC 8}:

Erico talks to Ned Wakefield:
Hello, i am Erico, i am just wondering, if you have any stories to tell of your exploits? The excitement for me today was clearing the beach area of crabs with my buddies here & I am just
wondering of any goings on outside of blackspell?
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by drpete »

Ned smiles "Crabs, eh? I heard! I'm looking forward to some crab meat, myself! We just came back from the Leechfields, down south of here. Finest horses you ever saw. They breed them for the Emperor, down there. And those Tharbrians know how to celebrate! We even saw Lord Kamian. He's related to the Emperor, I hear. Well, he's green, at least. You know... Viridian!"

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#169 Post by Todd Spengo »

Zaid turns to Ned, "Lord Kamian? Is that his domain, the Leechfields, or was he there in need of a good horse?"

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by drpete »

"Lord Kamian rules down there, yeah. It's mostly Tharbrians in Leechfield... Horse people, you know... But they trade with the Empire, so... Viridians, I guess. Our employer was buying horses, bound for the north."

ooc: you guys would all be familiar with the green skinned Viridians. "true blood" Viridians are powerful magicians, and the last known of them rule the World Empire. There are also those with some Viridian blood, who are just green skinned.

You would also know of the Tharbrians, who are horse nomads. If you know Game of Thrones, they're basically the Dothraki, with a long history of raiding civilization when their hordes get big enough.

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#171 Post by Rodriguez »

Damiane sits in her room, whispering to her snake that is coiled up on the table.
My sister? Who was that old geezer talking about? Might one of my sisters be found in the ruined city? Or was he talking about the crypt. His consort? Is she calling me?

Thats roughly the time where Ludwig arrives upstairs. He nods to the two guards beside the door and knocks.
My Lady, the group is back. There will be a feast soon.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by drpete »

Time passes, and the party gets underway. Through further conversation, it becomes clear that Ned and his men are looking for work. Their employer is loading the horses he bought onto the ship you arrived on, which is bound for Valon, and is not taking Ned's men with them. They'd be happy to lead you back down to the Leechfields, or go with you somewhere else.

I added the information Damiane gets from her snake to the setting information thread, assuming she would share the information. Generally, knowledge of history is better closer to civilization, so it doesn't have detailed information about tombs or crypts of local figures at the fringes.

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#173 Post by Lamech »

Phoebe enters the inn, probably too heavily armed for polite company, with both a pair of swords, and a pair of daggers. Plus the armor leather armor helps add to the impression.
Innkeeper, I need a pair of rooms and stabling for my wagon and six horses.

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#174 Post by Rodriguez »

Damiane let's out a little sigh as her snake starts the history lesson with "A thousand years ago... " but listens to it in full anyway before calling in Ludwig. She gets up after letting Lady Komnene slide into her dress ready to follow Ludwig and the guards down to the feast.
She will share the meal and the information with with the rest of the group.

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#175 Post by Lamech »

After getting the accommodations squared away, Phoebe heads over to the table with Damiane, Lady, this may seem an odd question, but are you an adventurer? Or looking for adventure? Its just... you sort of seem the type. I'm terrible at this aren't I.

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#177 Post by Lamech »

Rodriguez wrote:
Is Phoebe currently alone or with her priestess?
I pictured it in my head as with the priestess.

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#178 Post by Rodriguez »

Damiane seems to be taken by surprise by this question but before she starts to wonder why her clothes might give of such an impression she remembers something!
"Oh... A warrior women and a priestess! You must be Leena and Ana right?" she says while taking a good look at the priestess "Ana" to confirm if she is indeed beautiful, young and generally looking somewhat similar to herself...

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#179 Post by Lamech »

I'm pretty sure we don't look like you at all. Also I made up a name for the henchwoman
Ah, no. I'm Phoebe, and this is Diana. We were trained at the temple of Ishtar in Ninti. We set out for adventure and doing Ishtar's works... and well it wasn't as exciting as it first sounded. Especially when you only have two priestesses and some slave warriors. We kind hoped to find more people...

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#180 Post by Rodriguez »

Damiane smiles "slave warriors... I see you are not them, and that you have more sense in your little finger then this brute of a women from Norgood... Come join me and I will introduce you to the knights of the mighty crab. "

Return to “Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands)”