Action Thread: Episode IV

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Action Thread: Episode IV

#1 Post by max_vale »

As the rebel escapee band gathered together in the storage room La'Reth closed his eyes and stretched out with his feelings for a firm connection with the Force. Gathering himself; he called on the mystical energy field and harnessed it to heal his injuries; sighing with relief as the pain fled from his body and his wound closed over*. He then proceeded to move over to gather some Medpacs and get to work on stitching up his companions....

He began with Terra; who had strange visions of hungry womb-rats begging for food and then a furry person looking at her with concerned eyes in between sudden moments of sharp pain and soothing coolness. After a while of feeling like she was swimming in the ocean; her eyes blinked open several times and consciousness and full awareness of her surroundings slowly faded in. She saw the Bothan Borsk smile at her and tell her that she was going to be okay and glancing down she saw that her blaster wounds had been treated and stitched up. She still felt battered and bruised; but the pain was a minor, dull ache now and had most of her mobility back**...

La'Reth set aside the first used Medpac and gave a brief smile to Terra and let her know that she was going to be okay. Based on her slightly out-of-focus look; it would probably be a minute or two before the words really sank in; and the Bothan grabbed another Medpac and moved towards the badly wounded Walex Blissex. Gaining more and more confidence with each Human he treated for wounds; Borsk quickly utilized the supplies in the second Medpac to treat the Engineer's injuries and in a fairly short time the man was slowly regaining consciousness and more-or-less patched up. "Ohhh.....I feel like I've just gone for a ride in a Novelex 22-M turbine compressor...."; he mutters mostly to himself before blinking back into full awareness. Giving a genuine smile of thanks to the Bothan; the old Rebel thanks him profusely....

While Borsk was patching up Terra and Walex; Caius and Mattel did a quick search of the room and all of its contents while Grey Starr kept a close watch at the door for any signs of Imperial pursuit. The one-time pirate easily finds several ruck-sacks which can be used by each Rebel to carry supplies; including a glowrod; a sleeping bag; shelter; and enough rations and water for 4 days for each member of the group. In addition; there are 3 coils of 15 meter long syntherope with a flexisteel lanyard (i.e. a grappling hook); and 6 more unused Medpacs.

The former Bounty Hunter finds a working computer terminal in one corner and 2 other ways out of the room besides back out into the shaft. There is an unusual narrow passageway that leads out of the room and quickly bends down at a steep 45 degree angle; and a shut blast door whose upper part is glowing red hot and portions of the metal have begun to liquefy and drip....

*Borsk is fully healed and due to the nature of the Force Power; he may act normally with no penalties due to lingering effects of his injury. He DID however spend his Force Point for this action and his first healing roll on Terra; both of which were successful. The roll for Walex's healing ALMOST didn't make it; but I rolled JUST barely enough for you. However; you have no Force Points for this next Episode; so be careful!

**Terra is officially back to Unwounded status; but the lingering aches and stiffness means that she will still be at -1D for the next couple of hours unless she remains in a resting state...which sadly....while not impossible is really not a wise option! :)

***Although I didn't mention it; Walex is in the same boat as Terra....while not officially wounded; he will be at -1D for any actions he has to take as well; so please keep this in mind.
Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Action Thread: Episode IV

#2 Post by Jedi Skyler »

Terra blinks several times, making a mental inventory of her various aches and pains. Glad that she isn't suffering from her previous sensations of intense pain and an odd falling feeling, she takes her time to get on her feet. Once upright again, she too joins the crew searching the room.

Once they've accumulated all the items to be had, she says, in a somewhat gravelly voice, "Keep your eyes out for some stims, or a nice hot pot of caf; it's gonna be a little while before I'm back to my usual, lovable self."

Checking the charge on her blaster carbine, she adds, "And we need more blaster packs. LOTS more blaster packs. I've got a score to settle."
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by NJWilliam »

Caius Grendel

Hearing Terra's concern about blaster packs, Caius checks his and looks to the others to check theirs.
"We better look, can't hurt to have some spares." He mumbles as he dives back into the assorted supplies.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos
grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by grey_starr »

*still being watchful, shouldering a pack*We really shouldn't linger too long, it gives the Imps time to prepare ambushes and traps... if we could become more unpredictable perhaps.*glancing for Droid service doors* like going where only Droids go perhaps... Shame we couldn't booby trap MSE droids to wheel in and go boom - would take too long.
Grey Starr - Try my D&D name generators...
angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by angelicdoctor »

Jedi Skyler wrote:Terra blinks several times, making a mental inventory of her various aches and pains. Glad that she isn't suffering from her previous sensations of intense pain and an odd falling feeling, she takes her time to get on her feet. Once upright again, she too joins the crew searching the room.

Once they've accumulated all the items to be had, she says, in a somewhat gravelly voice, "Keep your eyes out for some stims, or a nice hot pot of caf; it's gonna be a little while before I'm back to my usual, lovable self."

Checking the charge on her blaster carbine, she adds, "And we need more blaster packs. LOTS more blaster packs. I've got a score to settle."
Welcome back, my dear. I must admit that you had me worried a little. I am afraid that we may not have time for that hot pot until we put some distance between ourselves and this dying starship. Be patient, I am certain that you will have enough excitement to energize you shortly.

Turning to the engineer, My dear man, it would be wise if we got underway quickly. Please advise the best path to take to the hangar.
Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#6 Post by Jedi Skyler »

Terra mutters, "At this point, it doesn't have to be hot...it just needs to be caf.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by max_vale »

As Greystarr and Caius load up packs of equipment; they don't find any blasters or powerpacks but Greystarr remembers that there were a couple of fallen Stormtroopers with blaster carbines lying near them*....

Terra grumbles with La'Reth and calls out a question to Walex Blissex; who has taken a seat at the small computer terminal in the room. "Why, I believe the Droid access corridor which runs near the keel of the ship will be our quickest and safest means of getting to the Hangar Bay; but let me take a quick look on the terminal to see if Caius' hacking code still lets me read the good Captain Kolaff's personal messages...."; he pauses as his fingers fly over the keyboard. "Ah yes....here we go..."; the Rebel band crowd around the terminal to read the message....

*******************Priority Command D 112******Time: 01:07:21 and counting****

Restricted Access******Security Code D-12281
Command Clearance Only
To: Hangar Deck Officer Senior Lieutenant Klito****Your Eyes Only

Effective Immediately

Prepare Command Shuttle Veranium for departure in bay G-12. Time of departure: 47 minutes. Shuttle crew and a squad of Naval Troopers to be ready and waiting at the time of departure. Three units of reserve fuel, two months consumables and two R-2 or R-4 astromech Droids to be loaded aboard as well. Clear the Hangar Bay of all non-essential personnel. This is a Priority Command, I want no leaks.

Kolaff out.

*Greystarr and Caius can see 2 blaster carbines that appear to be in decent shape; both with powerpacks attached.
Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#8 Post by Jedi Skyler »

The news contained in the missive gets Terra's blood pumping a bit faster. "A fully loaded shuttle, complete with a couple droids, and the hangar bay deserted?! Either we've just been handed a break by the Force, or we just discovered a trap that's been laid for us. Any thoughts?"
angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#9 Post by angelicdoctor »

Yes. This is our means of escape but we must be cautious. In fact, I would suggest that we enter the bay under the guise of Imperial technicians. Considering my physiology however, I shall have to resort to stealth. Walex, please lead us to the droid maintenance corridor.
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by max_vale »

Caius and Grey Starr both glance at each other; nod quickly and dash out to retrieve the blaster carbines from the fallen Stormtroopers and then dash back to the supply room. As they do; they hear Walex replying to Terra and Borsk with a nod and a "Certainly...I believe the controls are right over....here; yes, that should do it!"; and he presses a few buttons and the doors leading to the Droid access corridor open.

The band of Rebel escapees head down into the dark corridor; noting that it is quite cramped with a low ceiling and being only about 2 meters wide. The acquired glowrods are switched on and they bathe the narrow access way in light and the motley crew begin their journey towards the hangar bay. They feel like they have traveled most of the length of the ship when the silence of the journey is shattered by the noise of a mixture of various servomotors assaulting the ears. The light of the glowrods picks up several dozen Droids moving rapidly towards the group from the opposite direction. There are all manner of Droids in the group including medical Droids and laborers, repair Droids and administrative assistants. They walk, waddle and roll into the access corridor; moving as quickly as they can directly towards the Rebel band....
Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Jedi Skyler »

Terra immediately looks to Walex. "Is there a droid shift change we should be aware of? Or are we facing a group of cleverly disguised assassin droids? We don't have time for this karking poodoo."

She clutches her carbine and warily watches the oncoming droids...
grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#12 Post by grey_starr »

Screw waiting! *Taking aim and blasting the droids* I've no doubt they are coming for us!
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by NJWilliam »

Caius looks among the approaching droids for one that appears the easiest to communicate with. He readies his carbine, anticipating the worst.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by max_vale »

Grey Starr's shot zips into the mass of Droids and catches a broad labor droid square in the chest; blasting it to pieces. The mass of Droids suddenly panics with some stopping where they are and wailing out; "Please forgive us!", "The Maker be merciful!", "Run Away!" and a host of other things as the press continues in both directions. The Rebels manage to suddenly flatten themselves against the walls as a herd of Droids go rolling, running and hopping past; everyone managing to avoid being trampled or run over except for Grey, who manages to have a foot painfully rolled over.*

A few moments later all of the Droids have vanished either in the direction they came from or having continued past the Rebels....all except one. A gleaming silver 3PO protocol Droid remains standing a few metes away, regarding the escapee band silently for a long moment. When it spoke up; it had a disdainful, haughty female voice.

"I am T-3PO. As you are utilizing the Droid access tunnels and have not hesitated to blast some of my fellow....if quite idiotic....fellow Droids to pieces; I can surmise that you must be the Rebel carbon-based life-forms that escaped containment some hours ago. I would also surmise that you are fairly competent as you are both alive and not incarcerated. Therefore I propose an arrangement....I will provide my considerable talents at your disposal if you agree to take me off of this ship with you as clearly this ship is doomed if the crew have abandoned utilizing virtually every Droid aboard her for the past few hours. Do we have a deal?"

*Grey is not wounded....but will be slightly slowed in his movements and any STR or DEX checks made in the near term will be harder than they otherwise would be.
angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by angelicdoctor »

I am Borsk and these are my colleagues. I'd offer proper introductions but as we appear short on time that will have to wait until we are all off of this death trap. However, I must state that despite his appearance, Grey Starr has proven to be an effective ally. Do not be alarmed for he is with us. Now, if I may speak for the group, I do not see a problem in you joining us in our attempt to get to safety. Can you lead us in a most direct manner to the nearest hangar? Preferably one that houses a means of speedy conveyance for us all and of lowest security would be most appreciated.
Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by Jedi Skyler »

Terra

Terra pipes up quickly. "Not so fast, Borsk." Looking at the droid, she quickly says, "Not necessarily the nearest bay. The Command Shuttle Veranium has been stocked and prepped for departure in bay G-12. How far is that bay from here, compared to other bays? I know protocol droids aren't usually programmed for paying attention to that kind of details; might you be able to divert an astromech to help us as well? I can fly the ship, but an astromech might help with security between here and there. And, it'd be welcome to join us."

Mattel
((OOC: Because Lord wasn't getting actively played during the escape and the beginning of this episode, I need to know what weaponry he's picked up along the way; I haven't been watching everyone else's thread as closely as mine and max_vale's. I know he's got a rucksack with the same equipment as everyone else; at this point, I'm willing to have him be the pack mule and carry the syntherope dispensers and any extra medpacs that might be left over from healing the group up.))

Mattel shifts the rucksack on his shoulders, readjusting the straps to settle the load on his back. His hackles have been raised somewhat by the appearance of this protocol droid. Looking at the automaton, he says, "Doesn't helping us conflict with your programming? You have to admit that your appearance here, now, is more than a little suspicious; the timing couldn't be more perfect."
angelicdoctor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by angelicdoctor »

Sorry about that guys. I have the memory of a gnat it seems.
grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by grey_starr »

*Grey doesn't interact with the droid... he does a visual to see if it has it's restraining bolt - and I will point it out there or not to the group - then take position as rear guard for the group*
NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by NJWilliam »

Caius

Caius also looks the droid over carefully to see if all seems in order.
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by max_vale »

Grey and Caius look over the gleaming, silver form of T-3PO and can see no restraining bolts in place; nor any signs that it is anything other than a standard Imperial protocol Droid. As the rest of the rebel band engage the Droid in conversation; the Droid's expressionless face moves slightly from person to person as each talks in turn and the escapees somehow all get the impression of increasing scorn from the Droid.

"Helping you Rebel scum escape is....somewhat against my programming; but since the Imperial carbon-based life forms on this rapidly decaying vessel have seen fit to discard most of us Droids; I see no reason why I shouldn't travel with you in an attempt to continue functioning. As for the 'timing' of our having met each other; I won't begin to point out the ridiculousness of calculating the odds that a protocol Droid such as myself with no access to security systems would be able to accurately predict the planned escape route of trigger-happy Rebel carbonites such as yourself and risk my functionality ending with a blaster bolt in a master scheme to make my escape. If you SERIOUSLY believe that to be the case; then I am perhaps better off attempting to track down some of my fellow Droids and attempt to jettison myself out of the nearest airlock in a vain attempt to float in space near a hyperlane in the hopes that a ship would stop; detect me; pull me into their vessel and find a use for me other than as scrap metal."

"Now then; if we're done with the ridiculousness; I can certainly lead you to hangar bay G-12 where you claim this shuttle has been readied; but as I am a Protocol Droid; I have no knowledge of security measures which may have been taken....I suppose if we gain access to a proper computer terminal; I can attempt to talk with the ship's computer to ascertain such information. As for diverting an astromech Droid; I don't know where any might be; but should we find one; I can certainly communicate with it and almost certainly be able to motivate it to want to travel with us. They are not too bright; as Droids go."

With a haughty sniff; the Droid gestures down one way of the Access tunnel; "It is this way.....perhaps 500 meters. Shall we go?"

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”