Chapter 7: I7 - Baltron's Beacon

GreyWolfVT
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Chapter 7: I7 - Baltron's Beacon

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

You are walking from your lodgings located in one of the fine inn's in Penhaligon to the nearest tavern when, without warning, something soft and light drops from the sky and lands on your head with a "plop." You look up to see a crow 10 feet overhead. If crows could smile, you'd swear he looks very pleased with himself. Reluctantly, you raise your hand to feel the top of your head. To your surprise, it is dry. The crow laughs raucously and turns off toward the east. Looking down, you notice a rolled parchment tied with a stout cord. Picking it up, you break the string and read it.
Scroll.png
Scroll.png (960.6 KiB) Viewed 26540 times
This happens to everyone of you, everyone now has this same scroll in their inventory.

Continuing on your way to meet up with your group your walk the rest of the way to the tavern is less eventful. Many folk smile and wave or greet you as local heroes and small talk unless you ignore them along the way. Eventually, you all arrive to the tavern and sit at the same table. Drinks and breakfast are ordered and everyone sits there mulling over what happened to them.

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter 7: I7 - Baltron's Beacon

#2 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Trist waves to the folks as she walks by not out of ego, but as a sign of respect and kindness. She doesn't think of herself as a hero, but she likes the sound of it all the same. Hail travelers and people of the town. Any news of the area of importance these days?

Trist grabs a table for the group and see they have ordered a breakfast for them.

"Ah friends this looks like a good place. What the heck was that cow and scroll thing. It looks like someone needs some help though and I like a bit of gold for my troubles. What do the rest of you think? Shall we enjoy our breakfast and go investigate this request?
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Kravoud

He makes his way to the tavern with little acknowledgement to the townsfolk as he knows he is not deserving of their admiration for he has not proven his metal yet. Upon arrival at the tavern he sees Trist and heads over to join her.

Greeting Trist, I hope you are well. On my way to meet you, something strange happened. I found a scroll from some sage named Demetrios who is seeking adventures for a quest just laying on the ground after a crow crapped on my head.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by gurusql »

Delsenora

As Delsenora makes her way to the tavern she will be skipping and playing her flute with a happy tune about the Sun. When the crow drops the scroll on her head she will pause the tune to read the scroll and stuff it into her belt and continue playing. When she arrives at the tavern she finishes her song outside and comes into the tavern full of energy. She will head to the table with her friends and ask, "Does anyone know where Labalna-by-the-Marsh is?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rex »

Egon

Egon arrives at the tavern and tosses the scroll on the table as he sits down. "I had this dropped on me by a crow. Anyone interested?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by shaidar »

Weston approaches the others at the table

"I see you had a scroll too. I think it's worth looking into." he places his scroll on the table. "Anyone know what's for breakfast today?"

While having lost some of his 'puppy fat' on their adventures so far, Weston still enjoys his food, when it's not just rations.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by PyroArrow »

Therick Ulrazor | Level 4 Theurgist | AC 10 (9 with Robe of Protection +1) | Hit Points 12 / 12

Therick arrives at the tavern, tossing his scroll onto the table, "Yea, I got the same scroll dropped on me as well, by a snarky crow. We should of course, look into it".

Therick pulls out a chair and sits down, "Barmaid, I will have a tea, please".
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Trist replies to everyone now that they have gathered together, "Well it seems our potential new boss has a since of humor in the way he hires their help.
We all had the same delivery method it seems. It's good to be out and traveling a bit. I have not heard of this place. We should see if there is a map to guide us around the local area. Some breakfast and beverage will be a nice start to the day. I trust everyone was able to get settled from their travels. I wonder if we need to make arrangements to stay here or not? I suppose we need to talk to our employer first. It's nice to see you all again. It will help in our expedition knowing how we all work.

Trist digs into her breakfast and some honey milk to wash it down.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Breakfast everyone discovers that they all received the same scroll and that a crow with a snarky sense of humor indeed toyed with them in the same manner, nobody was pooped on but they sure thought they were. Nobody knows where the strange location is at the moment but plans of getting a map of the wider area is brought up.

You find that breakfast is all sorts of goodies hot tea, something called coffee, options of milk, or water, and a fruity juice that is slightly tart and of a reddish variety (cranberry juice). There are eggs cooked in 3 manners, scrambled, fried & poached. With some warm rolls/bread, as well as bacon, sausage, and ham or steak. There is a bowl of fruit, grapes, apples, dates, and apples. There is also warm oatmeal in a bowl for those not looking for a high protein or meat diet. There is also a nice sweet bakery fresh pastry filled with a jelly that is remarkable and almost like having dessert for breakfast (jelly filled donut).

Overhearing the conversation the barmaid says "I think that is meant to say Labalna which is located near a marsh. The person that wrote it just doesn't know how to punctuate their writing I'm guessing. That place is a ways Southwest of here. You'll probably want to see if you can get a wagon driver to take you or you'll be on foot for a few days or more depending on the weather." she informs you.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by PyroArrow »

Therick Ulrazor | Level 4 Theurgist | AC 10 (9 with Robe of Protection +1) | Hit Points 12 / 12

Therick, has the scrambled eggs with bacon, a sausage link and slice of ham, and a bowl of oatmeal, with a sampling of everything else. Washing it all down with the cranberry juice.
Last edited by PyroArrow on Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by gurusql »

Delsenora

Delsenora has the fried eggs with bacon and eats it in some warn rolls and having a healthy serving of fruit and milk.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rex »

Egon

"Sounds wonderful. A steak with 6 fried eggs please. And some of the reddish juice, bog berries I think."

After eating his breakfast, "What about seeing a map of this area we are thinking of going to?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by shaidar »

Weston

"Yes, after breakfast we can find a map and see where it is and work out how to get there. We could always get some horses."

Weston has bacon, scrambled eggs and juice, then finishes off with an apple and he tries some of the coffee.

GreyWolfVT

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The group hasn't been in the city overly long just long enough for a good few days rest after taking down the evil queen. But there is a cartographer in the city that is likely your best bet at getting some form of a map.

BaltoBruiser
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by BaltoBruiser »

Kravoud

After finishing his breakfast Unless there is some other business to discuss, I suggest we head over to the map maker's shop to find a map to this place called Lablana and get our gear together for the journey.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by PyroArrow »

Therick, "Yea, sounds good Kravoud".

Player:

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by shaidar »

Weston

"Agreed, let us find out where this place is, and also try and find out more about this sage, Demetrios."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rex »

Egon

"Good plan, lets head out."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by gurusql »

Delsenora

"Agreed!"

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

After enjoying her breakfast, she lets the owner know how good it was, "One of the best breakfasts I've had in a long time. Thanks for everything too. How much for a wagon driver?"

To the others, "Perfect let's go find out if there is a map at the cartographers shop. A wagon driver might be useful."

Trist pays for he breakfast.
Last edited by Cwreando on Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures (2e)”