Egon

"Look what we found here. A secret way in or out."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 5: Harvest of Death

#502 Post by gurusql »

Delsenora

Seeing that he is talking some the dancing slows, but her expression does not change. "How many creatures, slaves or otherwise does the Queen have under be banner? What are the races in addition to goblins?"

Assuming he answers that she continues, "What are the defenses of the Fortress?"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#503 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Goblin shrugs appearing to calm a bit "Me slave, we only work in mine. There many like me work in mine. Hobs whip us, an big brutes (ogres) are guardin. Me not know how many me just mine for shiny stuffs. An chase dwarfs when bosses yell, hit an whip us. We do what told or big ones bash brains out. Oh and dem orcs guys also boss and pushes us round. The also hit hobs."

Quick translation the goblins are merely slave fodder used for menial work, the Hobgoblins are the slave drivers, Ogres work as the enforcers. There are orcs that also are enforcers that appear to be above the hobgoblins ranks.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#504 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

We best let the others know about the passage after we deal with the Goblin. I don't want the goblin to go back and let on we know about the passage, unless we are finishing off the goblin.

Trist with Jivet heads back to the others unless the others have a different opinion.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#505 Post by gurusql »

Delsenora

"We are approaching the end, what are the defenses of the Fortress?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#506 Post by Rex »

Egon

Egon just watches on.

GreyWolfVT

#507 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Goblin shrugs "Me don't know, told you me slave work mines only. They never bring us to big fortress. Only Orcs and ogres. When outside one time me think me see dog-faced creatures bout same size as orcs comin out but that all me know. Brutes might go in but me never seen em anywhere but in mine and outside."

In short goblins only work the mines and go out into the wild, Orcs are allowed into the fortress, though he thinks he remembers seeing something like a band of gnolls leaving the fortress. He is unsure of if the Ogres go in the fortress but he knows they guard it and guard the mine.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#508 Post by Karaunios »

Kravoud

He hears the goblin answering from his post. "Ask him what kind of tasks they have to do... I mean, the goblins, and what do they hear the orcs and ogres say about what's inside."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#509 Post by shaidar »

Weston nods

"We need to know what he's heard about the queen and the fortress."

RiverGreenForest
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#510 Post by RiverGreenForest »

Xlore

Stepping in, the elf asks the goblin last couple of questions the group wants to know. "What tasks have they made you and the goblins do?" Pacing around the goblin slowly while giving it a hard look Xlore continues "Have you heard anything on what the Orcs and Ogres say about what's inside the fortress?" Then the final question is asked when Xlore is staring directly into the goblin's eyes "What have you heard about the queen and the fortress?"

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#511 Post by gurusql »

Delsenora

Delsenora, looks at her teammates, sheathing her sword and simply says without a hint of song, in a quiet tone almost to herself, but not really "Asked and answered."

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#512 Post by PyroArrow »

Therick Ulrazor: Sylvan Elf - Magic-User - Evoker - AC 10 - Hit Points: 8 / 8

While all of this was going on inside the cave Therick will take the time to try an memorized at least 1 Magic Missile spell if possible.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

GreyWolfVT

#513 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Goblin starts looking around as more show up to add to the questioning and he starts shaking again as if becoming very afraid again. assuming all suggested topis are asked to the goblin in his tongue... "I dun no, what dem orcs and biggin's do in fortress they work for big mean evil queen who managed to get lots of tribes of us workin fer her. Dunno what she offered or said but me goblin tribe leader and others of them hobs an orcs all per..per.. all tricked inta workin for her. Orcs no say what goin on they only talk by beatin on us an callin us names." pausing to swallow hard the goblin tries to continue but all the questions but him into a panic and he starts to breathe hard and passes out.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#514 Post by Karaunios »

Kravoud stays in his post. "Ha! It was too much for the poor fellow."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#515 Post by Rex »

Egon

"What do we do now?"

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#516 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

"Best to wake it up and have a fair fight of it to finish it off I'd say", comments Trist.

"We can't take on Orcs, Goblins, Gnolls and whatever else is here all at once. We'll need to try and attack and fall back several times to have a chance of success in getting to the queen. Now if there was a secret passage to get to the queen, we might be able to take her out directly. Maybe.

Trist pats Jivet on the head and pets her.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#517 Post by Rex »

Egon

"Once we attack we should try and retreat only if absolutely necessary. Once we retreat they will be prepared the second time and they have way more resources."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#518 Post by Cwreando »

Trist

Egon, that sounds reasonable. If the forces aren't what we think they are by all means press on. I know if we retreat back here, they'll eventually send out groups to track us down after a few times. We'll have to just see as we go what we're dealing with and make a decision then.
Rex wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 5:09 pm Egon

"Once we attack we should try and retreat only if absolutely necessary. Once we retreat they will be prepared the second time and they have way more resources."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#519 Post by shaidar »

Weston

"I almost feel sorry for the poor thing. We should put it out of its misery before it wakes up."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#520 Post by Rex »

Egon

"Agreed Trist."

Looking at Weston, "Yes we should."

Return to “Archive”