Re: Side 1, Track 1: Time Out

#541 Post by Grognardsw »

“So what’s it gonna be?”

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#542 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sorry! I always feel like I am posting first every update, so I try to not to do that too much. Then, I forget to post altogether. :oops:

Mel gulps loudly.

"Ummmmm sure! Backstage sound good to me, Tegra! Good luck with the gig!"

He looks to the others.

"Does anyone know where mind shift hall is from here?"

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#543 Post by jemmus »

Something happened to my post from yesterday. It was an extremely important one, so I'd like to rewind if that's OK.
Janx was a little disappointed that a leopard-chick didn't take any notice of him. But that's OK, he's a good wingman for supporting a bandmate trying to score some action. And besides, he can take this break to do something he'd been wanting to do....
Artfully Rolling Smokables to Perfection - 20 (1 success) +5 increase = 25 [1d100]=9 (My roll from yesterday).
Janx looks up to the heavens in blissful gratitude. The reefer is as straight as an E string, as perfect a cylinder as an Apollo rocket, and as perfectly vented on both ends as a... a tuba. He passes it to Hooter to light up. Hooter man, I know you don't smoke, but you need to light this one up for us in honor of that killer accordion duel with the Moth Man. You can smoke, but not inhale. I'm not exactly sure how that's done, but you can do it.
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#544 Post by Rex »

Alice

Alice tries her talking watch thingy, "Where is Mind Shift Hall?"

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#545 Post by Grognardsw »

Perhaps moved by the parade of partying in the palace, Janx concentrated as his fingers finagled the remaining Skywalker weed. ‘Use the force Luke...” Janx heard Ben’s advice from that Star Wars movie. Janx closed his eyes and finished the roll. He opened them to behold the perfect reefer.

Janx offered it to Hooter, who seemed in a moment of hesitation at the alien tiger-man ‘trep’ player’s offer to ‘squeeze’ tonight. Was the Lingo-Clip translating correctly?

Mel and Alice, prompted by their manager, focused on the dildo-instrument at hand. Mel asked passers-by if they knew where the mind shift hall was. A Valedusian Derg shook his head in the negative. “But holo-deck three has faulty circuits and will turn dangerous. Be careful.”

A puffer-fishman finned in a southeast direction, glubbing “a sixth of a league, two depths up” before swimming on through the air. Mel wasn’t sure how to interpret that.

Alice queried her Know. It produced a map of the palace. Certain private areas were grayed out, but public areas were indicated and the mind shift hall was shown. It was three-sixths of a mile away, southeast, two floors up.

“Eureka!” said Jimmy.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#546 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Mel is genuinely glad for the information, remaining cordial to any new people or things he meets.

"As big as this place is, we might want to start looking for it now so we make it there on time."

He looks to the thundercat band about to play their gig. "If you really want to party, you know where we need to be at 1:00, so you can meet us there if you want. If the instrument we are offering as a gift is any indication.......this one should be a real hoot!"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#547 Post by Rex »

Alice

"I think you are right Mel, we should get moving."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#548 Post by Grognardsw »

I’d post more frequently but want to give Bluehorse and Jemmus a chance to post. Guys if you can check in more frequently, we can move this along faster. Thanks.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#549 Post by jemmus »

Janx was a little too stoned and was daydreaming about a riff composed entirely of B and G string hammer-ons and pull-offs and was lagging behind. He hadn't caught much of what had just been said, be he said, Sure, sounds good guys! Let's go! It like TPK had a direction and a plan and knew what they were doing-- which was pretty rare (except when they were gigging)--so he followed along.
Sorry for the delay. I forget that my last post was a rewind to the past, and Janx wasn't caught up in time.
PCs

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#550 Post by jemmus »

Valedusian Derg! :lol: (Guys not playing in Inferno's X Minus One game-- there's a cryptic, mysterious, disembodied, but pretty prominent, Valedusian Derg in it).
PCs

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#551 Post by Grognardsw »

jemmus wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:13 pmValedusian Derg! :lol: (Guys not playing in Inferno's X Minus One game-- there's a cryptic, mysterious, disembodied, but pretty prominent, Valedusian Derg in it).
I’m sure nobody is playing in Inferno’s X Minus One game ;) , as it's mine.

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#552 Post by jemmus »

:lol: :oops: I got confused. Inferno has an Y Minus One game. Maybe. I mean, it's possible.
PCs

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#553 Post by Grognardsw »

Tiger lady purred in response to Mel’s offer of a post-show backstage rendezvous.

Hooter either ignored or wasn’t aware of the advances of Growl’s ‘treppest,” the space-age half-pant chaps-wearing Moant.

With the west wing palace map on Alice’s Know to guide them, TPK made their way to the Mind Shift Hall. Along the way Janx and Hooter shared the perfect joint that the guitarist had rolled. They walked in a dreamy lackadaisical buzz, minds wandering among western and ghostly imagiscapes.

“You with us dudes?” said Derek the Whizzard, waving his hand in front of their faces before asking for a hit from the joint.

The world-hopping musicians passed a grotto of watery delights, where amphibian aliens did mysterious things. In another sunken chamber that looked like a gigantic sandbox, scores of males of various races were moving miniature armies about. Connected to that was massive hall full of tables, each of which had six people sitting with paper and dice.

Moving along the ceiling balconies above the roofless room, they saw a warren of chambers where people were chasing each other and shooting paint guns.

In still another there was a massive library that held dozens who found reading to be a party. Around the corner a freaky perversion where creatures were eating each other in apparent pleasure.

Then TPK passed around a humongous arena open to the outside, 500’ across, in which at least a hundred people of varied species were faux-fighting with low-energy weapons. Crowds watched from perimeter seating. Gladiatorial battle entertained more than just earthlings.

Suddenly there was a collective gasp as the crowds pointed and uttered in concerned tones. They were pointing at TPK!

The band looked at each other. They were hardly intergalactic heroes, or villains.

“Did we do something wrong?” Derek muttered.

TPK looked around.

“It’s not us…” Jimmy said, just as the band realized the crowd was pointing behind them…

TPK heard the crowds saying “Menudoloreans” in shocked awe.

TPK never heard of them, but they were flying down, five of them in armor, weapons aiming upon the band, driving them into the arena!

Actions!
As foreshadowed in post #511, the Priests of the Temple of Syrinx have sent more formidable foes after the failure of the Parliament of Funk!

I'm sure you all hold dislike for Menudo, so they make perfect villains.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#554 Post by Bluehorse »

Hooter seemed confused by the words of the pretty kitty and just smiled, and then was distracted by the victory smoke presented to him which she smiled and lit up for the band. He shook his head and shrugged. Nope. Is not working on me... on me... on me... on me... Wow, that sounds funny when you keep saying it, yeah? on me... on me... on me... on me... he wanders around a little.

When he looked where everyone else was pointing he tilted his head and blinked a few times. Is this flight of the valkyries or something? Should we be making with the running? We need... what is the word... like an umbrella to be hiding with.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#555 Post by Rex »

Alice

"Not sure running will work, but we best be prepared to defend ourselves."

jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#556 Post by jemmus »

Janx kind of wanted to hang out longer with the miniatures guys with dice and paper. He'd spent a lot of time playing with his plastic army men and cowboys and indians as a kid. Sure, some of them had ended up with BBs embedded in them, but that didn't mean he didn't like them. Anyway, these miniatures guys had playing with army men down to an advanced art and science. Janx hopes there's a miniatures club or something he can join back in Boston.

His red eyes focus on the Menudolorians. Holy crap! Menudolorians! How did they know how much TPK hates Menudo? And by the way, why is everybody trying to kill us? Or at least steal our van? He plays an E minor chord on his future ax. D string is a little flat, he tunes it up and flicks the switch to Engage.
PCs

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#557 Post by Rex »

Alice

"No idea Janx, but its starting to piss me off."

She flips her electronic drum set to engage.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#558 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Mel doesnt share the same enthusiasm for the gamers as Janx does. "Looks like a bunch of intergalactic nerds to me!"

At first, Mel was hoping that the bands reputation had proceeded them when everyone in the arena gawks at them upon entering. He cusses under his breath when he realizes these hunters were after them.

The frontman slings his ax around his neck as he dives for anything that might offer cover.

If his mates start using their instraweapons, he follows suit with an E-string thumb slap.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#559 Post by Grognardsw »

Battle of the Bands - Round One

To the accompaniment of
hellacious music
from in-armor speakers, the five Menudolorians swooped in and fired sonic guns.

Hooter looked around for an umbrella while Alice, Janx, Mel and Derek slid their instrument weapons into their hands, activated and tuned. Alice's electronic drums unfolded into three pads with sticks.

As the band was driven back into arena,
Arena Map
At the moment, TPK is in the lower left hand area. Each square is 20'
they saw little to hide behind. There were four 5' columns and in the center a raised platform.

Mel dashed for cover behind the nearest column, avoiding the sonic blast. Derek barely dodged a hit to the face, leaving a welt on his left cheek. Alice and Hooter saw the wavy air and heard sonic blasts about to hit them.

TPK had been passing by the arena at a busy time of battles, so scattered around the arena were may skirmishes. Typically between two people, sometimes two-on-two. Most of these fights had stopped at the sight of the Menudolorians.

The crowds, thinking the Menudolorian vs. TPK battle was part of the show, were cheering. TPK didn't know yet which side they were cheering for.

Actions for Round Two!
No one stated a clear attack for an action, hence the tuning.

Rnd 1 Menudolorians attack [_5d100]=(96+1+64+54+87)=302 I'll apply these to the PCs in order of how they're posted in The Band thread: Mel, Derek, Alice, Hooter, Janx. So Derek is hit critically (must be wearing a red shirt today), and Alice and Hooter. I forgot about Jimmy, next time I'll include him last.

A rule reminder (once), as the rule sytems may be new to some, there is a Dodge ability. Since you're not attacking, Derek, Alice and Hooter could do that if they like. Is so, roll percentile for that. Otherwise...

Rnd 1 Menudolorians damage D, A, H [_3d8]=(7+8+1)=16 Derek's critical doubles it to 14, he's dead! Unless...

Rnd 1 D dodge [1d100]=27 Derek makes his Dodge vs 32!

For round two, include any applicable rolls while explaining the form of sonic attack from your instrument. There is opportunity for creativity. Damage (which I’ll roll) is can range depending on how well your roll is and creativity. Some forms may not do damage per se depending on how your instrument does, if you know what I mean.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#560 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Mel points the neck of his future ax towards the closest group of invaders. He uses 2 fingers to rapidly strum the E-string over and over as quickly as he can, wondering if it will create a different, more expansive effect against these horrible sounding armored monsters.

Preform (68) [1d100]=17

Return to “2112: The Prog-Rock RPG! (BRP)”