Chapter 5: A Dark Light

PyroArrow
Dizlexus
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chapter 5: A Dark Light

#81 Post by Dizlexus »

Mr. Choe

He gives victor a friendly embrace and says, I'm glad to see that you have not yet burned down the keep. I still need to buy supplies.

Can you believe Kormak is pretending not to know me again?

Choe turns his attention to Maya and begins to pursue her with the new dress: Oh, Maya he asks, do you have shoes that would go with this?
All GMs are evil.
What foulness goads your laughter? (Pulpatoon, 03/26/14)
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Maya "You know my answer, these things are a waste of time..."

Victor, seeing the discomfort in maya's face, decides to follow Choe's cue, "Oh Maya! We must get you something! a Lady must always have a dress handy after all!" He puts a friendly arm around Choe, "Choe my friend! Should we take our dear friend Maya to do a little clothes shopping?" Victor also says, in a lower tone, "Not to worry about the grumpy Kormak, he just refuses to be true to his feelings..."

Maya "...."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#83 Post by Nordbo »

Wolfram buys 4 throwing axes and leaves the store. Proudly holding them up towards Maya, he stutters hopefully "Look, I bought ax-ax-axes!"
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Victor speaks quietly in the background, "Aww, the poor fellow has a crush! I also do like a good love interest in these stories!"

Maya looks over the axes, giving them an appraised look that comes from years of experience in handling weapons, She holds out out her hand, "May I see one?"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#85 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kormak gets back to the tavern and sees only Mort there. "Where are Ewat and Idonea? I found everyone else in the shops. Told em what was what and my job is done."

Mort gets a mild head ache pinches between his eyes to help the situation "Kormak my friend you were supposed to inform them and make sure they came here. As for Ewat and Idonea I don't know I guess they went to the Inn. Come sit let's have a few more drinks while we wait."

The two sit and have a couple more drinks reminiscing about old times and past adventures having a hearty laugh.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#86 Post by Nordbo »

Wolfram to Maya (blushing): "S-s-s-ure pretty lady. You can have one! I can show you how to throw it! I'll teach you everything I know about transonic flow!!

Lutha, hushed voice to Wolfram: "Come now, Wolfram, don't embarass this fine lady, she's already spoken for, can't you see ?"
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Maya stops for a moment... "What? Spoken for?"

Victor, arm still around Choe, is trying hard to stifle laughter.
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#88 Post by Nordbo »

Lutha: "Ahem, 'For if the word spoken by angels was steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward'
....ehh nevermind.

Wolfram, come help me sort out my gear!"

both move a bit to the side

(did Maya accept the offered axe ?)
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by MonkeyWrench »

yeah

Maya is standing still, hand still holding the axe in midair, "...what?" She looks to Victor for some kind of answer as to what just happened and what that meant.

Victor gives her a wink, "Does thy angel not knoweth thine own being? For to profess such love to doth lower beings!" he says aloud to himself, "Wow... Lutha is pretty good, I think I will make him the scribe of this story! Scribes are usually bald right Choe?"

Maya, being even more confused than ever now, decides to just move on and attempted to hand Wolfram the axe back, "it is a fine axe, light and balanced."
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#90 Post by Nordbo »

Wolfram to Maya, (bashfully, barely audible): "No. It's yours...."
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Maya, still extending the axe, "No, It is yours. A weapon is one of the best friends you can have, they will always try their best to save your life." He looks briefly to Victor as he is talking to Mr. Choe, "A friend like that is not something you should ever simply give away." She adds in after a moments thought, "I thank you for the intent though, it was very thoughtful of you."
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#92 Post by Nordbo »

Lutha, separately to Victor: "Hang on a sec. What's this 'story', this 'script' you keep referring to. Are we verily not here, in the flesh ? Is this but a dream, our forms mere figments of fancy, in some cosmic game plan?

You haven't gone and cast 'hallucinatory forest' on yourself again now, have you ? You old two-bit sorceror."
Last edited by Nordbo on Mon May 05, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by Nordbo »

Wolfram to Maya, (gaping, massively overawed, with deep, dark, dilated pupils): "Thank....you! I, I, w-w-ith this, I will...protect you!"
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Victor "Ahahahahahahaha!! So like the Scribe! Always asking the questions no one else does, gathering information that will be used to chronicle the history of events!" Victor regards Lutha for a moment before answering, "Life is but the stage that we, the actors, are forced to play on my bald and slightly burn headed friend! You see, everything is a script, written by the ones that control this life, they record everything as it weaves into the epic that is so aptly called, life. We are but the simple actors of this play, the world and its many denizens our stage and we all have roles to play my friend, and we play them whether we agree to or not! Haha, Only when your eyes are open to this grand illusion will you be able to act your part perfectly!" He gets in closer to Lutha, shielding his mouth from the others, "Maya just calls me crazy, Hehe"
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Nordbo wrote:Wolfram to Maya, (gaping, massively overawed, with deep, dark, dilated pupils): "Thank....you! I, I, w-w-ith this, I will...protect you!"
Maya gives the boy a small smile, "Protect yourself first, when I am cornered I will need brave people like you beside me, alive." She looks to Victor, Lets go, we've wasted enough time in the streets, it's uncomfortable."

Victor snaps to attention, almost leaping towards Maya, "Ahaha! And now the duo set off! to regroup with the others and find glory!"
Nordbo
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#96 Post by Nordbo »

Wolfram immediately latches on, following just behind Maya (and Victor).

Lutha hurriedly gathers his stuff: "Hey! Hup! Wolfram, wait for me!" and stumbles after
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by MonkeyWrench »

as they leave Victor can be heard saying, "Maya! He's like a puppy! Can we keep him?!??"

Maya "....."
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#98 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Mort "Blast where could they all be? Knowing Victor he is likely running his mouth telling tales that never happened." he chuckles to Kormak.

Kormak partly runk mostly because he does not hold back like Mort "Bwahahahaha! Ya.. *belch* hee'ss slickly running his *burp* ppppprobbblly tellin ssstroies ha ha ha." he starts to fall asleep in his chair.

Mort just looks at his friend and smiles chuckles a bit "Ah yes Kormak always one to know his limits aren't we." and Mort goes back to watching the door impatiently waiting starting to tap his boot on the floor while Kormak drools into the table.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by PyroArrow »

Dungeon Master:

At this point it is about 12:30pm & thus about 15 minutes before an Official shows up to see the party at the Tavern.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Pulpatoon »

Ewat pokes his head in the tavern door, spots Mort, and dashes back out.
Last edited by Pulpatoon on Tue May 06, 2014 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “B2/B5 Guido Wiedig's Keep on the Borderland & the Hills of Horror & Chaos”