Leaving Blackspell

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Leaving Blackspell

#61 Post by Rodriguez »

Damiane wrinkles her nose at the smell before addressing their leader.

I have only jewellery to trade and want to see the salt and jewellery of them. Ask them if they have any slaves to sell as well.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by drpete »

It doesn't appear that you guys have much you're willing to part with that the hobgoblins want, and this seems to be making the "rank and file" hobgoblins upset. You recognize that most of the things they are offering are of pretty low value, except possibly the silver jewelry though the hobgoblin leader hasn't produced any, and doesn't seem inclined to do so for other silver jewelry.

It seems likely that if some trade doesn't happen, you might have a problem on your hands with the hobgoblins who are more or less up against your ranks.

The hobgoblin leader, recognizing this, offers a few simple trades:
Barrels of feshly salted fish (several Weeks of fairly monotonous iron rations) for your somewhat stale rations, with greater variety.
A couple of daggers or camp equipment for a barrel of beer
If you'll put a horse or two on the table, he'll get the silver, or offer you some gems, he says.
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#63 Post by Rodriguez »

The first two trade offers are pretty reasonable so Damiane organises a barrel of beer for her guard and exchanges half of their iron rations for fish.

What about salt? What do you want for salt?

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#64 Post by Lamech »

Salted fish? That would be nice to add to our food supplies. And I have a bunch of food. I'm pretty good at trading. If you translate I bet I can get us a good deal.

granger44
Scout
Scout

#65 Post by granger44 »

Lucius backs down when it becomes clear that trades are in the offing.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by drpete »

Ok, so... Rodriguez, I don't see any rations for your guys. Am I just not seeing it, or do they have no food? If the latter, you can buy a few barrels with some of your silver jewelry, say 3 barrels (21 Weeks of food) and a barrel of beer (about a 20 gp value) The hobgoblin leader will throw in 2 bricks of salt (enough to preserve a large amount of meat) as a deal sweetener (taking the negotiation into account)

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by PyroArrow »

Erico Caravellino {Human Thief Lvl: 6 HP: 15/15 AC 8}:

Erico is willing to trade 1 week worth of his iron rations for same of the Hobgoblins salted fish.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#68 Post by Rodriguez »

Eh? What the heck! Seems like I forgot to update the supply topic with my local version... :oops:
Ok, in that case I trade Damianes silver earrings and bangles (40 gp) for fish beer and salt.
A short argument between Damiane and Ludwig breaks out as it comes to the rations. Grudgingly Damiane admits her mistake and pays for the fish, beer and salt with her personal jewellery.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by drpete »

So the hobgoblins will give you 4 barrels, of whatever combination of fish and beer you would like, for each of the 2 pieces of jewelry, and throw in a 2 bricks of salt for each of those transactions (which would each be enough to produce another barrel of salted meat.) Just clarify what mix of meat and beer you want. Barrels of fish hold 7 weeks of food, and the beer barrels have 7 stone of beer). Just clarify how many of each you would like. Swaps of iron rations for preserved fish are also fine.

If you guys don't have other deals you'd like to do, the hobgoblin leader will make it clear that they don't want you to stay on their land, and insist that you be far from here by nightfall (which I presume is fine with you).

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by PyroArrow »

Erico will at least take the 1 week of salted fish trade for 1 week of his iron rations.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#71 Post by Rodriguez »

Damiane then will trade one piece of jewelry for two barrels of fish, two barrels of beer and two bricks of salt.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by drpete »

The hobgoblin leader sends 8 men to get the barrels. They go off, and you are left alone by the others to continue packing up. About 20 minutes later, they return with the four barrels, the salt, and Erico's bundle of fish. Trade completed, they "encourage" you to move along, which you seem eager to do.

The morning passes quietly, though occasionally you hear sounds in the distance that you now recognize as hobgoblin signals. You stop for a late lunch at another river, and Lucius reveals that he's found enough food as you went to feed himself and 3 others today. Phoebe realizes that this river leads back up to her village, forming from a number of streams deep in the Irminsul Forest which come together to make this river. You also realize that this probably marks the edge of the hobgoblin territory.

Would you like to continue to the west, head upriver to Ninti, Phoebe's Amazon village, or go back/delay and interact more with the hobgoblins?

granger44
Scout
Scout

#73 Post by granger44 »

Lucius sets up a rotation for the fresh food so that hopefully everyone will get some after a week or so on the road. He'll include the slaves in the rotation unless someone strenuously objects. Gotta keep everyone in top shape while we head to the tomb.

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#74 Post by Rodriguez »

Damiane asks Phoebe: "What do you say: Want to visit your village or should we cross the river and head east?

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by PyroArrow »

To the Adventure Party:
"I don't care whether we continue to the west, head upriver to Ninti, or stop at Phoebe's Amazon village from here."
"As long as it's somewhere other than here or back there!"
, said, pointing down to the ground first then towards the direction of the Hobgoblins.

Player:

Todd Spengo
Ranger
Ranger

#76 Post by Todd Spengo »

Zaid has no preference.

Lamech
Guide
Guide

#77 Post by Lamech »

I vote we stay away from my village until we have a little more treasure. Right now, I have nothing to show for my efforts so far.

granger44
Scout
Scout

#79 Post by granger44 »

Lucius pipes up, "Sounds good to me." Lucius moves off to find a fording place.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by drpete »

The river here is about 800 feet wide, and seems to be about 200 feet deep. Your horses should be able to swim across, but you would need to travel pretty far downstream to find a good ford, unless there is a bridge somewhere. Generally, the rivers have only been marked on the map if they are substantial. The previous one being low was actually somewhat unusual. Swimming across here will get you all very wet, and would put anyone in heavy armor at some risk, though they would be ok if they didnt fall off the horse.

Mechanically, I'll let horses up to their normal load swim across the river, if you want to chance it. They'll need a swimming roll of difficulty equal to their load above their normal load to swim across. If they fail, the rider can hop off to let them swim, but then the rider will need to make a roll based on encumbrance. (see p 113) Assuming you make it, you'll all be soaked, and will need to dry off/warm up but you'll have avoided a major detour.

Return to “Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands)”