Chapter 1: The Inheritance (Introduction)

PyroArrow
DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter 1: The Inheritance (Introduction)

#241 Post by DadsAngry »

Tuireann:

Tuireann takes a moment and lets Hemlocks's statement sink in.

Why does this dragon hold this town responsible for the loss of it's off spring? It's anger should be towards the kobold or goblin.

Though I doubt kobold or goblin are smart enough to steal a dragons egg. Something else is going on here. Is any of this linked to the sudden death of Gildas?
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by PyroArrow »

Dungeon Master:

Lord Warden Arwel Hart says to the Adventurers,

"For those that don't know, the town of Gaer Anobaith, is approximately 60 miles east of here."

Lord Warden Hart looks to Hemlocks,

"Sir, Galversharn is not what you would think, if she was truly an evil dragon, then what you say could be done.

Galversharn was using her abilities the best she knew how, to get answers, perhaps afraid, we turned evil against her."

Jahyain says to the adventurers,

"I can get you all a map to use."

Lord Warden Hart to his men,

"Alright men let's start cleaning this place up, immediately!"
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)
NeoPlasmaVice
Guide
Guide

#243 Post by NeoPlasmaVice »

Procyon:

Procyon spoke up. "It is best if we split to do different actions before heading toward Gaer Anobaith."
"Hemlocks, please go to Aerthfael Badden of Badden’s Provisions, and obtain enough provisions to last us a week. Take Cayley and Elusev to carry them all."
"Tuireann, you know other monks well. Please go to The Brothers of Brenna, to see if the monks there would kindly provide us with some provisions to last us a week. Take Arn and Teladrin with you to carry them. If the provisions gained from the monks is inadequate, we may get the rest from Badden."
"Jenks and Doctor, go with Lord Hart to hire Oddgar. We will need all the help we can get."
"I myself will go seek out this half-elven scout named Idhrenwen."

"We will meet up in this spot an hour or so later. Take more time if needed. But hurry, please."
How many times must a man look up
Before he can see the sky?
Yes, ’n’ how many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
Yes, ’n’ how many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin’ in the wind
The answer is blowin’ in the wind

Procyon, level 1 Bard, 1A: The Inheritance
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Elusev Coldharbor:

Elusev watches Procyon and Hemlocks, he makes no comment to their words or Procyons grab for leadership but seems to be studying them. He does this for a moment before walking over to Cayley, "Let us get you some boots, I would hate to see you travel 60 miles without the proper footwear. I'd rather not get scolded by your father when I meet him again and he finds out I didn't look out for you Haha."

===============================

Dungeon Master Edit: [Moved Cayley's Reponse to here so thing flow smoothly!]:

Cayley shakes her head and turns to Elusev,

"I have some boots, they just didn't got well with my dress. Seemed to be in a hurry to get down here this morning...well let me get my boots."

She heads back upstairs (in the Manor) and returns better dressed for the conditions.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#245 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Doctor:

"An hour that's not enough time to scribe spells into my book. Everyone always rush rush rush. You can't rush magic or science!"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#246 Post by DadsAngry »

Tuireann:
NeoPlasmaVice wrote:Procyon spoke up. "It is best if we split to do different actions before heading toward Gaer Anobaith."
"Hemlocks, please go to Aerthfael Badden of Badden’s Provisions, and obtain enough provisions to last us a week. Take Cayley and Elusev to carry them all."
"Tuireann, you know other monks well. Please go to The Brothers of Brenna, to see if the monks there would kindly provide us with some provisions to last us a week. Take Arn and Teladrin with you to carry them. If the provisions gained from the monks is inadequate, we may get the rest from Badden."
"Jenks and Doctor, go with Lord Hart to hire Oddgar. We will need all the help we can get."
"I myself will go seek out this half-elven scout named Idhrenwen."

"We will meet up in this spot an hour or so later. Take more time if needed. But hurry, please."
Tuireann nods with agreement. Then looks to Arn and Teladrin for acknowledgment and then will head to The Brothers of Brenna.
MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#247 Post by MrHemlocks »

Hemlocks:

Calming down a bit, after talking with the bard, Hemlocks makes his way toward store to gather provisions but stops and looks over at Lord Warden Arwel Hart.

"My pockets are low on gold and these supplies I will gather are going to cost a lot. Might I have some gold, more than 100 should do, for supplies?

I will be getting a wagon an oxen to pull it for starters..."
GreyWolfVT

#248 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Doctor:

"It would be nice if we could perhaps get a line of credit or something since we are taking on this task."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by PyroArrow »

Dungeon Master:
GreyWolfVT wrote:"It would be nice if we could perhaps get a line of credit or something since we are taking on this task."
Well, you could hock your newly acquired SpellBook! :shock: :roll:

Anyways now that i just saw this is now a line of dialog from The Doctor:

Lord Warden Arwel Hart says to The Doctor & Hemlocks,

"I would suggest going to the places i mentioned first, if you indeed still need a line of credit, perhaps i could persuade the town treasurer to come up with something for you."
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
GreyWolfVT

#250 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The Doctor:

Or I could just travel back home to Ironclad and let the others deal with the issues. :lol:

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#251 Post by Mondego »

Teladrin Vinquin:

OOC: Are horses available for purchase...or as a gift from the resident lord?
DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#252 Post by DadsAngry »

Tuireann:
GreyWolfVT wrote:or I could just travel back home to Ironclad and let the others deal with the issues. :lol:
Just what I was thinking.
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by PyroArrow »

Dungeon Master:
Mondego wrote:OOC: Are horses available for purchase...or as a gift from the resident lord?
All i can say, is to ask around town about that.

Player:

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#254 Post by Mondego »

Teladrin Vinquin:
DadsAngry wrote:Tuireann nods with agreement. Then looks to Arn and Teladrin for acknowledgment and then will head to The Brothers of Brenna.
Teladrin shrugs and follows Tuireann to the Brothers of Brenna.
Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by Starbeard »

Arn the Congealer:
Mondego wrote:
DadsAngry wrote:Tuireann nods with agreement. Then looks to Arn and Teladrin for acknowledgment and then will head to The Brothers of Brenna.
Teladrin shrugs and follows Tuireann to the Brothers of Brenna.
Arn shrugs as well and walks with Tuireann and Teladrin. All this talk back and forth about the egg without any action makes him uncomfortable. At least being in the company of the ranger and monk he'll be with people who are devoted to the righteous cause.
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by PyroArrow »

Dungeon Master:

Arn, Teladrin, & Tuireann make their way to the local temple of the God of Nature and the Forest.

They see a Brother of Brenna outside of the temple, talking to other town folks whom witnessed the Bronze Dragon's rage.

Player:

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by Starbeard »

Arn the Congealer:
PyroArrow wrote:Dungeon Master:

Arn, Teladrin, & Tuireann make their way to the local temple of the God of Nature and the Forest.

They see a Brother of Brenna outside of the temple, talking to other town folks whom witnessed the Bronze Dragon's rage.
Arn will defer to Tuireann when dealing with the monks, unless he gets asked something specifically, but if no one brings it up, I'll want to have Arn ask these things:

'We've been told that there is a woman named Idhrenwen famed in these parts as a scout, but her current location escaped our benefactor—do you know who she is or where she might be?'

And,

'As you might have guessed, time is of the essence in this quest, but it was thrust upon us when we least expected it, and I'm afraid we have no transportation. Does your abbey keep a stable where we might find horses, or even mules? Your humblest beasts will do. If you have none, we would be grateful if you pointed us to the nearest stable with at least nine beasts of burden.'
DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#258 Post by DadsAngry »

Tuireann:

Tuireann approaches the Brother of Brenna

"Greetings brother, interesting day this has been. My name is Tuireann, Novice of Caer Ilong Abbey. Myself and group of other friends of the late Gildas"

gestures to Arn & Teladrin

"plus six other brave souls have taken on the most noble of quests. You see the great dragon Galversharn has had one of her eggs stolen from her. As you may have witness she is very upset about it. My friends and I are going forth to retrieve Galversharn stolen egg. Jahyain mentioned to us that you may be able to provide some provisions for our journey. Anything you can spare will greatly help our cause."

Someone please correct me if I have the number in the party wrong.
PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by PyroArrow »

Dungeon Master:

Brother Charlesques Noreisis says to the adventures,

"Greetings all! Yes i have seen that Galversharn is upset. So it is the result of her egg being stolen, hmmm."

"So it was Jahyain that sent you here, hmmm, ok, yes, we can provide you with a few things for your journey"

Player:

NeoPlasmaVice
Guide
Guide

#260 Post by NeoPlasmaVice »

Procyon:

"My Dear Lord Hart," Procyon addressed the man. "Where should I enquirer about Idhrenwen's whereabouts?"
How many times must a man look up
Before he can see the sky?
Yes, ’n’ how many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
Yes, ’n’ how many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin’ in the wind
The answer is blowin’ in the wind

Procyon, level 1 Bard, 1A: The Inheritance

Return to “1A: The Inheritance - 1ed AD&D”