-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: V. Town of Belhaim

#162 Post by dmw71 »

The group leave Hunclay's Manor behind and return to town, making for 'The Wise Piper' and the complementary comfort provided by Talia Orem. There, the group enjoys an uneventful and much-needed night of sleep.

Waking early, they make the individual preparations for the new day before reconvening for breakfast.

---

Spellcasters, please indicate which spells you will be memorizing.

Also, if there's anything anyone wanted to do "yesterday," before advancing to the next day, let me know in your private forums and we can work it out.

Actions?
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#163 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sparrow settles in with a meal, a mug, and a pipe.

Were one of you shorties going to get these fancy gems looked at or are we all on our own with that?

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Storm11 »

"I will take a look, it's likely they are all the same, and the ones I examined are around 100 golds worth each I believe" says Kassal
Greys Campaign.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#165 Post by saalaria »

Grim draws deeply from a mug of ale, he winces when he shifts in his seat but otherwise seems happy.

"So what do we think that there wizard was up to then? Dealing with the Skazi is never a good move and sure has cost 'im by the looks of it."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by onlyme »

In the morning, Fulp asks his companions,

So, we need to hit the mansion again? Or should we round up an army and try to hit the kobalds before they have a chance to react to his passing? or whatever their plans may have been.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan's face reddens, but returns to normal color quickly. "We said we were heading to the quarry. We should keep that plan. Some of us have to prepare the right spells for the right situations."

He smiles at Fulp.

"So, if we see a helpful animal on the way to the quarry, how would you feel about me spending an hour trying to get it to join us? Could be useful..." the druid says, a bit unsure of himself.

His focus returns. "Do we have enough light sources? I have a lantern and some lamp oil. Others?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#168 Post by Alethan »

Ciar joins the others and orders a standard breakfast of mashers and bangers and some poached eggs.

"Yes, to the quarry to deal with the kobolds. And to fine out who this 'A' is that Hunclay says leads them. I don't know if we'll need them, Sylvan, but we have the two Everbright torches we were given. I carry one of them. I forget who has the other..."

Before they leave for the quarry, Ciar wants to return to his room to lighten his pack of some unnecessary items so he might travel a bit lighter.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by Storm11 »

"I have the other," Pipes up the gnome with a mouthful of bacon. He seems especially happy this morning.

"Yes we need to ensure that is magic makers have the right hocus pocus for the right situation. I need to memorise the spell to read magical writing if we are returning to the manor. If we go to the quarry I could memorise something else. Whatever you decide, let us know and give us time to do so please!" he says looking at the others.

"Have we looked over the things we recovered thus far for magical energies? And is everyone completely healed before we take on another challenge? I for one would be happy to garner an animal friend for you Sylvan. Has this town any dog trainers I wonder? Or are you after something more exotic? Please say it's not going to be a giant spider, that's all I ask?
Greys Campaign.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#170 Post by dmw71 »

As Kassal inquires about the health of everyone else, Grim reluctantly admits that even the restful night of sleep still leaves him pretty battered. "I could use that wand," he says quietly, fighting his pride. "Especially if there's a chance we're heading to combat some kobolds."
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by Storm11 »

"Let us slow down a little. The wand isn't unlimited in its power. Sylvan has access to healing magic. Let us wait a single day, and have the Druid use his powers of healing to cure the company without wasting the wands might. I can perhaps take a look at the gear we have and scrutinise it for any magical auras that may be present. It seems foolish to rush into unknown danger with foes unlikely to want to parley, and those little vermin are blood thirsty and cowardly, and will want our deaths or worse for sure. They are one of the ancient enemies of the gnomes. Let us not give them an easy victory by rushing in injured and ill prepared. Especially when there is no deadline upon us or the town. Let us tread carefully. Do not under-estimate the little vermin. They are crafty and wily. " says Kassal with feeling, swiping the elf's left overs quickly.
Greys Campaign.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by onlyme »

Fulp replies,
I figured the quarry was the right choice. But, we need to waste not a moment. Whatever plans the kobalds had, they must be reworking them now. Assuming that is, that the explosion didnt work as planned. We need to hit them before they have a chance to perfect an attack ...and defense...strategy.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#173 Post by Alethan »

To Kas, Ciar replies, "To be sure, I agree with our healers using their skills first, but we shouldn't hesitate to use the wand when it is needed. It can heal wounds. I suspect it cannot raise the dead."

Ciar returns to his room and, a short while later, returns with a lighter pack.

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by Storm11 »

Alethan wrote:To Kas, Ciar replies, "To be sure, I agree with our healers using their skills first, but we shouldn't hesitate to use the wand when it is needed. It can heal wounds. I suspect it cannot raise the dead."

Ciar returns to his room and, a short while later, returns with a lighter pack.
The gnome agrees. "Yes the wand should be used when it is needed. In battle or when there is an immediate urgency to our situation. But wasting it's power when a little time and more easily renewable energies are at our disposal is foolishness my friend, plain and simple!"
Greys Campaign.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#175 Post by Alethan »

Ciar looks confused. "Isn't that what I just said?"

He shrugs, "If we're going to the quarry, let's get to it. Prepare whatever you need to prepare and so on. If some of you are going to be a while, I might scout ahead and see what I can find out. I'd have a better go of it without some noisy dwarf clankin' about," he adds with a grin.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by AleBelly »

Sylvan blanches again as others discuss how to use his powers, but he doesn't speak of it.

"I prepared no healing magic today. Let's use the wand if needed and plan better going forward. It is a good idea to incorporate rest days, and I can use my natural healing powers then.

In the future, discussion of these matters is much better done at night than the morning after, when my spells are already set for the day."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#177 Post by Alethan »

Ciar shakes his head, "Apologies, Sylvan. I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job. Sure, just like I don't want anyone to tell me how to do mine. As a group, we need to work on our communication of such things. If someone needs aid, maybe they should speak up in the evening and we can decide if we need a day of rest. For now, then let's use the wand and be on our way. Time waits for no one. I suspect kobolds are much the same in that matter..."

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by Storm11 »

"Perhaps it is better to rest the night through and then eat before preparing them, so that such a discussion has a chance to happen! I must tend to the memorisation myself before we depart!" the gnome suggests innocently
Greys Campaign.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by AleBelly »

"Victuals tend to interfere with my preparations" replies Sylvan. "Well, what's done is done. How long will your preparations take, Kassel? If an hour, I may look for a helpful companion in town."

If Kassel will take an hour to prepare spells, Sylvan will take brief leave of the group to look for a bird, dog or some other useful animal to enchant as his companion.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#180 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sparrow shakes his head at all the petty bickering.

Why are both magic torches carried by guys with night vision?

Did we ever get the gems appraised by a professional?

I will also need to stash some things in the room to lighten my load before we depart. If we ever depart, that is.

Return to “Dave's 2E Sandbox”