1. Along the Old North Road

Edeldhur
Edeldhur
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Along the Old North Road

#161 Post by Edeldhur »

"Good luck fellas!" - Ubert bids the adventurers farewell.

"Don't take any unnecessary risks" - Fengis adds with the usual grin - "And if you ever need any provisions let me know"

The Bleak Tower itself is an imposing structure, roughly 70’ tall. At the top juts a parapet of dark, weathered wood, that supports an iron spire. The only visible entrance to the tower is a heavy iron door at the base. A bill is posted on the door, reading:

“A bounty is offered, five pieces of gold for evidence of each goblin
guaranteed to no longer trouble the Mark - heads preferred, ears sufficient”

It is signed,
“Onomaclus, Seneschal of the Tower, in the service of the Margrave”
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by Rex »

Bodkin

"The bounty they mentioned is clearly true, a good start."

Bodkin knocks/pounds on the door.
Edeldhur
Ranger
Ranger

#163 Post by Edeldhur »

A latch opens suddenly on the door, an armored man peeking through it - "State your business stranger!"
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Rex »

Bodkin

"We are here to inquire about the goblin bounty. We met some on the road here and didn't know of the bounty so we don't have any proof, but thought maybe we could learn some more about it before going looking."
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by gurusql »

Jůnger

With Bodkin hitting the key points so clearly Jůnger will just be interested for the answers but otherwise quiet.
Edeldhur
Ranger
Ranger

#166 Post by Edeldhur »

"Ah, another one seeking the goblin bounty" - the man scoffed to someone else also inside, but out of your line of sight - "Without proof, your words hold as much weight as a feather in the wind stranger... What else is it you want to know?!" - he asked gruffly - "Kill some goblins, bring proof, get paid - sounds simple enough to me!" - laughter erupted from inside.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Rex »

Bodkin

"Any clue where they are hold up? Is the rumor true you lost some men and if so what were they up to or where were they going when they disappeared? These sort of things can help us actually eliminate the threat from the goblins as opposed to just wandering around."
Dicey
Guide
Guide

#168 Post by Dicey »

The little one is a better fighter than he appears,” Talesian said, appreciating the optics of the scene. She stood behind the three foot halfling and was at the man’s eye level as he scoffed at Bodkin.

You’ve lost garrison men in the Ironwood recently. We have steel and trackers. We left four dead goblins staked down the road who attacked your new provisioner Dopkin. You need sword arms and strategy because what you’re doing isn’t working”
Edeldhur
Ranger
Ranger

#169 Post by Edeldhur »

"Bah!" - the man replies Bodkin from inside - "Just go northeast into the Ironwood and you should find goblins soon enough - if we knew where they were holed up, we would have already cleared them out, don't you think?" - he grunted.

"If you think you are so good lass, just go and bring back some goblins then!" - the man snapped at Talesian - "Then we'll talk" - then closed the latch.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by Rex »

Bodkin

"A friendly sort. I guess we will need to do our own scouting. Probably best to spend the night here and head out in the morning. Maybe see if there is anyone else in the inn that would want to join us. The more the better if we end up finding their lair."
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by gurusql »

Jůnger

"I very much agree that we need to stay the night, I was able to heal you but not myself yet."
Revenant
Ranger
Ranger

#172 Post by Revenant »

Amargion

Amargion shook the dirt and dust from his lean form as he glanced at the inn's sign, *A Villain's Luck*. The name always struck him as apt, considering the villains one might find within its walls, but it was about the best place to get food and drink here. So he sauntered in and up to the bar, "Some ale and whatever is on the menu for tonight. My belly is as empty as a pauper's purse." He brushed back his scraggy sun-bleached hair and glanced about the room, before turning back to the tender and remarking, "What is the going price of a meal and a bed these days?"
Last edited by Revenant on Sat May 25, 2024 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
archolewa
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#173 Post by archolewa »

Achalus

At that moment, the door burst open and in stumbled a tall, dark skinned woman, breathing heavily. She wore robes, carried a staff in her hand and had a book nestled securely in a satchel at her side. She turned and shook her fist at the door. Her words carried a foreign accent. "Wretched green skinned, half-grown..."

Her words, still quite angry, shifted into a foreign language and continued for another moment. Finally she took a deep breath, pushed her hair out of her eyes and approached the bar. She cast an appraising eye over Amargion. "You look well armed, and well traveled. What's your destination, good sir? The local roads are clearly not safe for individual travelers, perhaps we could share the road a while."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by Rex »

Bodkin

Bodkin returns to the inn.

Seeing the newcomers, "I leave for a couple of minutes and what walks in but some newcomers. Name is Bodkin, goblin hunter. Myself and some fellow goblin hunters are getting ready to head into the Ironwood looking for a goblin camp. You wouldn't know anything about that would you by chance?"
archolewa
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#175 Post by archolewa »

Achalus

"I know that they accost travelers as brazenly as any tax collector. I got chased halfway here by a band of them." Achalus placed a fist on her chest and gave a short bow. "It is good to hear that you seek to exterminate the vermin. I am Achalus, traveler and student of arcane magics. Please, allow me to accompany you. While I am by no means a warrior, my magic may prove the difference between life and death."
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by Rex »

Bodkin

"Well met Achalus, we could use someone with your skills. They are offering a 5gp bounty for each goblin we can prove we killed."
archolewa
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#177 Post by archolewa »

Achalus

"Wonderful." Achalus eagerly rubbed her hands. "Let's teach those vermin a lesson in propriety. One they'll remember until the end of their days."
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by gurusql »

Jůnger

"Welcome Achalus."
Edeldhur
Ranger
Ranger

#179 Post by Edeldhur »

Revenant wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:42 pm Amargion

Amargion shook the dirt and dust from his lean form as he glanced at the inn's sign, *A Villain's Luck*. The name always struck him as apt, considering the villains one might find within its walls, but it was about the best place to get food and drink here. So he sauntered in and up to the bar, "Some ale and whatever is on the menu for tonight. My belly is as empty as a pauper's purse." He brushed back his scraggy sun-bleached hair and glanced about the room, before turning back to the tender and remarking, "What is the going price of a meal and a bed these days?"
"Well met sir - name's Ubert. Ubert Grim sir. At your service, and welcome to my establishment" - the innkeeper introduces himself, a stout, red-faced man - "Today's dish is stew, it'll be a mere two silver sir, ale included" - he nodded, then noticing also the arrival of Achalus - "Two meals then sir and madam? Bread was also baked today" - he smiles.
Dicey
Guide
Guide

#180 Post by Dicey »

“Aye, welcome,” said Talesian.

Return to “Edeldhur's Swords & Wizardry Incursion (S&W)”