Lost

Rex
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Lost

#61 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim "I'd rather we find civilization rather than explore a cave. Honestly, I just wanna get back ta tha outpost." the dwarf admits.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Rex »

Marullus wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:55 pm As everyone else settles in for a break along the river, Lharzin finds a bare stone to sit upon. She counts with her fingers along her woven bracelets, eyes closed, as she concentrates her attention... beyond.

Eye of Kemdal [1d100]=23
Just reading the spell description, it doesn't work within CSI hexes of a Convocational Sanctum. This is 10 hexes or 125 miles from the Sanctum you just left. You would know this so if you want to use the roll for a different spell or psionic talent you can.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by Marullus »

125 miles?!? I can't locate anything unless its more than a week's march away? Damn. Lousy spell.

I add to our foraging as we resupplied at the roliver.
Foraging (70) [1d100]=27
Lharzin looks comfortingly at Algrim, but her voice belies a warning. "We are on the wrong side of two mountain ranges for getting back to the Oupost. We have much to overcome before then, and should begin with why Fate has brought us here."

She stands, contemplating, as if feeling energies emanating from the earth. Then she shakes her head. Instead she turns to Ingram and his expressions of exhaustion. She looks up at the massive-frame human, a giant almost twice her size and among so much dwarven company. She places one hand on his arm, then the other on his sword. "You are ever watchful, and a brave protector. I see the mark of Larani on you and know you will not forsake us, even though the call of long-dead dwarves may not reach your heart. We have more to fear in these mountains - they also likely crawl with gargun. May your eyes ever be watchful and ypur sword keep vigil." She closes her eyes and murmurs to herself, longer than seems reasonable for just a prayer. When she finishes she looks back up. "I reward you with what dwarven craft I may possess. May your sword always warn you when gargun are near."
Use it to cast Talin's Eye on his sword. It will glow blue when gargun are near.
She turns to the others. "Let us not stiffen sitting here, like trolls in the sun. If you have replenished water and food, we go to the cave to see what hope or danger is there."

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#64 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Murgar

"The Dwarf is right, we were sent here for a purpose, not to just be sent on a journey back where we came from. Let us find and fulfill our purpose and then we may be sent back where and when we came from. Let us find this cave and get some rest and ponder our position."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram bowed to Lharzin. Thank you, dwarf. Your gift will serve all of us.

Turning to Murgar, he says, I am fine with going to the cave to rest in relative safety. Then we can continue our journey home.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir

"I agree we here for reason. Some should check out cave first, sneak to look. It might have occupant, bear or other crratures. I can go with others to see."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Rex »

Marullus wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:59 am
Use it to cast Talin's Eye on his sword. It will glow blue when gargun are near.
Range for your Talin's Eye is 5 miles. If you want it shorter I will allow it but you declare it now and it is fixed for this item. Duration is Indefinite (until dispelled effectively).

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Marullus »

"Near" is definitely a relative term in this system! Can we say 1/2 mile, and the brightness indicates distance?

What do others think?

GreyWolfVT

#69 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim ignores the fact that everyone is acting like there is only one dwarf in the group "Whate'er I dun believe in fate. More like bad magic juju sent us ere an now we are all goin off on a exploration ill prepared." he grumbles.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by gurusql »

Beryl

"I would be happy to lead the way to check out the cave. It is my specialty."

Sorry for the delays in my posting.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Rex »

Everyone works their way down to the river with Beryl in the lead. The trail was definitely altered a very long time ago, very worn carved Khuzdul sized stairs in a few places etc. it arrives at the fast flowing river at a spot where you might have been meant to cross. It looks like the trail continues on the other side of the river. Maybe a ford here? You are not sure without some investigation. The water is fast flowing and very cold. Moving anywhere but the trail in this area would be very difficult and in places would require climbing down. You estimate you have 2-3 hours of daylight left.

Actions?

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram grabs some branches from nearby trees and attempts to gauge the depth of the river crossing.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by Marullus »

Lharzin helps where she can.
"...looks like the only way to go. Perhaps ford or swim it now, so we can make a campfire and dry out on the other side, at least. I'm wearing enough layers to stay decent, but I didn't pack spare clothhes, otherwise."

GreyWolfVT

#74 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Algrim "Hope it ain't deep I can no swim." he admits.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by gurusql »

Beryl

Beryl with look for a crossing method without swimming. Perhaps rocks he can jump to or other options.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir watches Ingram looking for branches

"If Ingram finds good spot for crossing, not too deep, then some taller folk can go over with end of rope to make easier for those shorter."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by Rex »

Ingram finds a branch, perhaps 1-2" in diameter and nearly 5' long. He moves along the edge of the river poking and prodding. For the most part it seems to be deeper than his stick. Until he comes to a spot a little further upstream then where the trail meets the river and he hits a hard rock bottom, about 3 feet wide and 3 and a half feet deep at the edge. Kneeling down and looking through the water it looks like a underwater bridge, made from stone blocks but obviously worn some by time is hidden out of sight here. Your not sure if it is the same depth the whole way across but it looks to be as far as you can see without getting wet. You could obviously probe with your stick as you went. It is probably pretty slick and the water is fast moving.

For reference the shortest member of the group is Beryl at 4'4", with the other 2 Khuzdul being 4'8" tall. The water is cold and fast moving and the underwater bridge is smooth stone, probably slick. How do you want to approach this? Any precautions or just try walking across?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by shaidar »

Arngeir shrugs off his backpack and starts to remove his armour and weapons.

"I have rope. Anyone else have rope? I go across with rope tied to me, then tie one off on other side."

He looks to see if there is a good point to tie off a rope on the other side of the bridge.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by gurusql »

Beryl

"If we have some rope the first crossing can be tied to the rope and after that we can tie to both sides and have a handrail across."

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by sulldawga »

Ingram also removes his armor, weapons, and pack.

I will anchor the rope and keep you from getting too far downstream if you slip. And if I go in, well, we swim for it!

Return to “Rex's HarnWorld Campaign (HarnMaster Sandbox)”