Return to the Catacombs

Ithril
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Return to the Catacombs

#881 Post by Ithril »

The exploding cloud of gas engulfs several of the party members before they can react! Pebble, Harker, Dorath, and Lannas cannot avoid the fumes and they strike the floor as if dead. Somehow, Igber was able to avoid the noxious fume. Perhaps he was holding his breath, like one might when they are trying to concentrate on doing something difficult as carefully as possible. He instinctively shoves the box aside to escape the odor as soon as he senses the danger. Traesta, and Conweena are also able to avoid the affect of the poisonous cloud.
After a few moments the gas sinks to the floor, and precipitates to a soft green powder coating the stone floor.

With the other members of the party incapacitated (or offline for now), it is up to the two of you to decide what to do next.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#882 Post by Rex »

Conweena

Conweena will start by checking everyone to see what their current condition is.

Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#883 Post by Ithril »

Aside from the potential hard bump from hitting the floor, they are alive and breathing, but they are definitely out for the count. How long they will remain unconscious is unknown. Suddenly you realize the implications if some league of undead, or your fishy friends decide this is an opportune time to strike.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#884 Post by gurusql »

Traesta

Traesta will see if there is anything from her Herbalism or Healing NWP that can help and confirm that they are not dead, but "just unconscious" or even speed their recovery. Assuming that there is nothing, but they are alive she will direct Conweena to remove team members from the area of effect and Traesta using a wet cloth will remove the powder from fallen hoping to limited the exposure time to the powder.

Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#885 Post by Ithril »

No, you are unable to affect any kind of a cure for their condition. They are unconscious, but otherwise seem unharmed. Igber is milling about unsure what to do. As you wipe their faces with the cloth, it seems to be a useless effort. What do you want me to do? he asks, his words and expression impart a feeling of hopelessness.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#886 Post by gurusql »

Traesta

"Igber, I would recommend that you finish your work and then we need to be vigilant to watch for a wandering monster."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#887 Post by Rex »

Conweena

"Lets move them over into a corner and we will sit in the dark and wait until they awaken. Hopefully nothing comes along in that time."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#888 Post by gurusql »

Traesta

"Agreed"

Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#889 Post by Ithril »

While the two of you drag the victims in your care to the Sound Wenzt corner of the room, and set them on the hay that once composed the mattresses for their comfort, Igber completes his inspection of the box.
Perfume Vial.jpg
Perfume Vial.jpg (63.87 KiB) Viewed 61 times
"I got the box apart, and there was a compartment in the lid. I could not have found it from the outside, and there wasn't a way to avoid it without the key, I guess. BUT YOU SHOULD SEEE WHAT WAS IN IT!" he's very excited and animated with his discovery. he presents the contents for you both to see "I think this is a vial of perfume. It smells like roses and cinnamon!", he presents a beautiful delicately cut crystal bottle of a pale golden fluid. The scent he described is unmistakable, and betrays the value of an expensive elixir. "There's also another ... potion, I guess. I haven't tried it." and next to the perfume he sets a more crude thick glass bottle containing a watery fluid that is almost an almost opaque dark red.

While he's presenting this things you you, he suddenly falls silent, though he has more to offer. "HUSHHH" he shushes! Suddenly you hear the clash of metal! It sounds like a fierce battle has erupted nearby.You can hear the grunts of the assailants, and the thud of heavy blows, sometimes striking metal against metal. Now a clatter as of a helmet knocked from it's head, clattering loudly on the stone floor.
As you watch nervously, you see the door in the Wenzt wall near you shake as if struck by a profound blow. Even strong enough that you see a bit of dust erupt from it's timbers. Then just as suddenly as it came, there is complete silence except for your heavy breathing, and your pounding heartbeats.... and the disruptively loud snoring Pebble has begun.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#890 Post by gurusql »

Traesta

Traesta will try and silence and awaken Pebble. Hoping that if he is snoring he can be awaked.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#891 Post by Rex »

Conweena

Conweena will prepare to defend everyone if anyone comes through the door.

Return to “Dooms of Evisath (2e)”