The Wilderness: Arriving at the Keep

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant

Re: The Wilderness: Arriving at the Keep

#81 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn-dwarf fighter

“Interesting how that confrontation was handled. Stop moving and put your hand out, much like you would with a hound. Perhaps someone living in the keep, knows something of this shell-toting man. This knowledge might help if we come face to face with this type of beast.” He looks around for any other happenings and continues on towards the keep.
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#82 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan with the excitement over with the beast and person off in the distance shrugs and heads to the keep hoping to locate this person named Mouse.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by gurusql »

Renna

Renna continues to talk with Sylla - "I am sure that while there all kinds of creatures wicked and otherwise in both of the cave systems. Since my information is from my brother it is more about location not the current creatures found there in. However, logic would imply that the less travelled caves are less prepared for intruders, not unprepared mind you just less prepared, and more likely to have treasure that was not recently taken."
hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by hedgeknight »

Darithe wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:43 pm Magdal
"Pleased to meet you Dredd," the young ranger grins, two friends already she thinks. "Twas a kind thing you did and Sadra and I never forgot it." She turns her attention to what she assumed would be an altercation with the strange creature and stares in surprise at the actual outcome. There was no end of wonders here it seems. She gathers with the others and starts toward the keep, her meager belongings in tow.

Flushing again, Dredd shrugs and murmurs, "Well...alright then," he says with a slight smile, revealing very white teeth for one such as he. He returns his javelin to its quiver, hefts his spear, and begins walking with the others toward the Keep. He tries to stay somewhat close to Magdal, but not too close; he doesn't want her to feel weird about his presence.
Winter is coming...
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Rex »

sastaz wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:12 pm "Yes Gyb, I see what you mean. It must have been exciting times. Who knows, perhaps you will be a lord one day, right? If that is what you wish. Tell me Gyb, do you have any recollection of a hermit of sorts, quite mad from what I've heard, living north of this keep? I doubt he had any stone delivered to him, but I hear he was quite well known around here, at the time."
Rida

in response to Sylla talking to Gyb, "Beware the Mad Hermit of the North Lands."
Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

Apparently not surprised at the resolution of the encounter, Meinhardt simply watches in curiosity as the clam shelled figure moves off into the forest. He continues to walk with Renna, listening to her conversation with Sylla concerning the caves. He visibly perks up though when the latter asks Gyb about the mad hermit, but doesn't overtly indicate an interest in this subject.
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Jernau35 »

Gyb

"No, nothing, no hermit, no," Gyb tells Sylla. "A hermit probably wouldn't need a lot of the 'stone, you see? And if he's mad, he probably can't be trusted to pay for it".
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#88 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Arrival Day
Late Afternoon
Mostly Sunny

As the group takes the fork in the road towards the keep, they spot a familiar figure rushing towards them from up the North Road. It’s a little gnome who’s been with the caravan for a few days. He looks a little embarrassed as he wipes the sleep from his eyes and joins you. Sylla feels something crawling on the back of her neck, just under her pony tail. When she investigates, she pulls out a heathy looking bumble bee, that promptly stings her soft finger before she realizes what she’s found.

The massive stone walls of the Keep are an impressive sight, making some wonder how the sheer amount of building materials could have been delivered here to overtake such a massive project so far from civilization. Some think back and fondly remember learning many new words here. Words like battlement, buttress, crenellation, flagon, parapet, and portcullis.*

A single bell tolls as you close in on the front gates, which are closed again after letting the wagons through, although a thick wooden drawbridge still stretches across the deep rocky gorge that drops about 60 feet below to water with a smelly, shimmering surface. The sound of normal town activities can now be heard beyond the impressive portals, and the smells of cooking food are unmistakable. A normal looking house cat sits curled up against the outside wall next to the gates.

Before anyone can get close enough to knock, a shutter covering a barred window slides open and a shadowy woman’s face appears. She looks over the entire group for a moment before speaking. “Oh…..wow. One….two…three………sixteen of you, eh? That’s a pretty big group. And all adventurer types by the looks of you? So…..ummmmm…….what can I do for you folks?”

Actions?

Can I have everyone include a d20 Wisdom check with your responses please?
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#89 Post by ateno »

Keya

Being near the front, Keya speaks first.

"Hello M'lady, I am Keya Redd, and yes I am a adventurer. We all would like to enter and have some of your ale and rent a room.

Keya bows.

Wis vs. 15 [1d20]=12

Keya
Hotgoblin

#90 Post by Hotgoblin »

Loyn-dwarf fighter

“Good day Ma’dam! Loyn, son of Groyn, at your service. Requesting entrance to the keep, on a mission from my Clan”. He bows low and sniffs the air….

vs Wis 8
Random [1d20]=14
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#91 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Pimlan
Smiles to the lady "Yes, uh thank you miss. I'm here looking for a guy that goes by the name Mouse, is he around?" he asks and is she looks around for who is talking he taps her on the leg "Down here. Yes, sorry for tapping you."

Wisdom (14) [1d20]=10
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#92 Post by Scott308 »

Crobeus - Human Paladin

Crobeus just nods in agreement when Keya answers.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Quonundrum »

Meinhardt

He remains silent, satisfied with Keya's introduction. Loyn's purpose here is also laudable, he thought. Honor and duty to one's family. Loyn, son of Groyn. A real, fruit of the loom type.

Wisdom (14): [1d20]=15
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Jernau35 »

Gyb

Gyb does his best to wipe off dirt and make his hair look more presentable. "Hello. Again. I've been here before. You probably don't know me. I don't know who you are. I'd like some food. And a bath. Definitely a bath. And shoes. Do you have someone who fixes shoes in there? Don't worry about the smell. A bath will fix that. Definitely a bath". He holds out some coins. "I can pay. For the poor too".

WIS 15 [1d20]=6
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Bugs

The rushing gnome finally makes it up to the group. He yawns and stretches as he weaves his way nimbly through the group. "Hey. How you doing?" He winks at a few people and points at a few more. "Those wagons just kept going, right? And then when I woke up, they wanted to charge me for the ride!"

A fiery gnome, possibly the most attractive gnome you've ever seen, stands among you catching his breath. He wears a black robe and you keep getting flashes of steel from inside it.

Bugs does a quick circuit of the crowd, faster than you thought possible, and ends up next to the cat. "Madam." He nods in respect. When the window opens and others answer, he takes a step back to get a better view.

"Me too!" He remarks to Gyb. "But I'm sure they know me."

"So...why aren't we going in?"

Wis (4) :shock: : [1d20]=10
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Rex »

Rida

Rida watches the gnome with interest and then gazes at the entrance to the keep and simply stands with the others as he waits to see if they are allowed to enter.

Wis check (18) [1d20]=11
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by shaidar »

Stobart

The cleric nods at the guard.

"Stobart Galt, cleric of Fharlanghn, at your service." he gestures at Keya "As has been said we have been travelling with the caravan for many days and are looking for rest and refreshment."

Wis check (17): [1d20]=19
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Spearmint »

Thirteen Twojaws

Strokes the kitty kat. "Maybe he knows where Mr Mouse lives?"

Gets in line as the group are counted out to make sure he is number thirteen in the queue.

Thirteen Twojaws: Wisdom check vs 14 [1d20]=14

He smiles at the woman,

"Adventurers and pilgrims. May we come in?"
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by gurusql »

Renna

"Renna Kellamin requesting entrance for room and board kind sir."

WIS 16: [1d20]=5
Added WIS Check
Last edited by gurusql on Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by ravenn4544 »

Haldric hails the guard in return cheerfully. "Well met, madam! I have come to tour this Keep that which my kin has laid the bones some decades ago! A tour and then on to the caverns!"

Wis (17) [1d20]=2
Last edited by ravenn4544 on Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Missions”