A Call from the Mayor / Culty Callings

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: A Call from the Mayor / Culty Callings

#81 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy tries to think back to other occult involvements with demon children... "It'd be cool if it was hellboy right?"
Occult [5d6]=24
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#82 Post by Taaz »

Jason looks over at Roy Its been a while since I have been in a comic book store but, isnt his like whole reason to bring about the end of the world?
GreyWolfVT

#83 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy "Yes but he defies it in all the versions I've read, and hunts monsters and other anomalies."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#84 Post by Taaz »

Lets call that Plan B
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Bluehorse »

Taaz wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:25 pmThe Cool roll
Cool: [4d6]=9 Ghost:[1d6]=4
Jason sees a treasure trove of research all around him. There are texts scattered about in the somehow clean but cluttered area. his PKE sense is abuzz in here... in fact, that is exactly how it feels, like the buzzing of a beehive here... and he very much gets a sense that he is sitting beside the queen of that hive, the honey-haired Gloria.
GreyWolfVT wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:17 pm Roy tries to think back to other occult involvements with demon children... "It'd be cool if it was hellboy right?"
Occult [5d6]=24
Taaz wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:35 pm Lets call that Plan B
This whole dialogue back and forth set me to laughing.

Jenevive turns her sightless stare towards her mother and takes a drag off her cigarette before starting to speak. We are not talking about demon children... or comic books... We are talking about what is happening with Father Belmont and his infernal influence. We need to know if you plan to do anything about that situation. Jenevive says she has seen you taking care of this problem, and it leads to you doing more for the people here. So what do you know about what is happening there?
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#86 Post by Taaz »

Well I wasn't talking about those either, He clears his throat and looks at Jeniveie. I thought you might have some insight, or had seen something... he pulls the collar of his tshirt down under his jumpsuit showing a set of purple discolored scars and what looks like parts of others, I am learning supernatural wounds leave a little something behind and while it could be a coincidence, this is kinda cover all your bases.

He looks at Gloria, We know some, but I've been warned even discussing these beings could cause problems, while I don't doubt your ability to ward these it wouldn't be profession to go agitating a demigod....uh again, without checking.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker knows when he's out of his depth, and says nothing.
FA FO
GreyWolfVT

#88 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy shrugs "Sorry I don't rightly know, I just know the mayor wants us to stay away from you all and the church, the one we found those mass graves under. Aside from that we've been chasing ghosts of all sorts of magnitudes around the area."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Bluehorse »

Kelly nods at an unspoken queue from Gloria and she goes about the room lighting candles and insence, Elizabeth helping her as she rises, also sliding the palor doors closed. There is a heavy weight in the air as the perfumed smoke seems to press down around you all. Once she has finished both witches have made three cirumbobulations around the room and there is a kind of slow snap of the air around you.

Jennifer looks over at the team. We can speak freely now.

Jenevive gets right to the point. then you do know about the demon Kindle? how is it her questions always sound more like statements and she seems so amused by it?
GreyWolfVT

#90 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy thinks back but does not recall currently anything about a demon until the witches mentioned it "Not that I can recall but it has been a busy few days or so."

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#91 Post by Taaz »

Jason watches the practitioners carefully seeing how the set their wards and waits patiently,
Bluehorse wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:16 pm Jenevive gets right to the point. then you do know about the demon Kindle? how is it her questions always sound more like statements and she seems so amused by it?
Yes mam, It seems the Demon has a connection to a relic in the church. Belmont's father may have started whatever is going on there but its also blindingly obvious hes the one running the show now.
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#92 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Yeah, the mayor wants us to stay away from you. So, of course, we immediately come here to talk to you all. I actually trust the mayor less far than I can throw him- maybe more like how far Roy could toss him.

After they place wards on the room, Lionel will help fill in info on the demon. We spoke with another priest. Papa gave us some background on Kindle and Belmont. Some of the guys have done more research, but we've been kept fairly busy with other things. Plenty of ghosts in this area, as I'm sure you ladies already know.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Rex »

Mac

"That is an understatement. They are everywhere."
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker stays quiet. He's a man of Science, after all- not a follower of Lore.
When the Wards are set, he absently reaches for his PKE- then stops, realizing he might be about to do something rude. He returns his gadgetry to his belt, and continues taking notes on his phone.
FA FO
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Bluehorse »

The Road
In the Rental
September 11, 2018 7pm
Sundown, cool and cloudy and getting dark, raining intermittedy

Unrelated note, I saw that the NPC thread needs some work, and I will get on that soon, but not likely to be today.
Taaz wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:13 amJason watches the practitioners carefully seeing how the set their wards and waits patiently,
He will easily notice that there is very little deviation from what Papa Popascu did in his office, aside from the open prayer. It feels much the same other than PPP's felt more like a blanket laying over the room whereas the witchs' version felt more like something popped into place.
Urson wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:39 pmJoker
Joker stays quiet. He's a man of Science... When the Wards are set, he absently reaches for his PKE- then stops, realizing he might be about to do something rude. He returns his gadgetry to his belt, and continues taking notes on his phone.
Kelly leans over and whispers offering a kind smile. Go ahead, it's alright. The New Rationalist would love to know what you find.
Taaz wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:13 amYes mam, It seems the Demon has a connection to a relic in the church. Belmont's father may have started whatever is going on there but its also blindingly obvious hes the one running the show now.
Jennifer nods. That matches our information. Our family has been watching the Belmonts for years. Trevor was a good man if not perfect. Everyone fights with their vices. But since Samuel took over...

Elizabeth interjects Things went to shit. There. Done. Now what are we going to do about it? We have the Reapers, we should use them...

Gloria scoffs. Ansolutly not...
Scott308 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:05 pmLionel "Freight Train" Williams

Yeah, the mayor wants us to stay away from you. So, of course, we immediately come here to talk to you all. I actually trust the mayor less far than I can throw him- maybe more like how far Roy could toss him.
Jeniveve turns her sightless eyes towards Lionel. I saw that... and I am glad you chose to come here. I think we are very much going to need each other soon. This... and everything else happening in this town is coming to a head, and it will change things for everybody.
Scott308 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:05 pmLionel "Freight Train" Williams We spoke with another priest. Papa gave us some background on Kindle and Belmont...
Kelly who has remained mostly quiet pipes up. Papa Popascu is a good man...

Elizabeth rolls her eyes.

Kelly Well, he is. If he gave you information you can trust it. His family is connected to the Rood in that church. That is how they trapped that demon. But now it is weakened and Belmont is helping to make the demon stronger. It won't be long now, not long at all, and the demon will get loose again. Then it will be too late to deal with it quietly.
Rex wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:42 amMac
"That is an understatement. They are everywhere."
Jennifer looks at Mac with those mismatched eyes of her and nods. That's the thing... Spirits are always everywhere... no matter where you are. But here? It isn't just spirits... there is something... wrong here. The ghost of people and emotions are trapped, even drawn to this place. There are more every day. They are actually beginning to displace the natural spirits. Spirits of trees, water, soil, animals... that natural feeling you have when you are out in a park or in the woods and wilderness? Have any of you been able to feel that here in town? At all? It is absent. They almost don't exist. Even a haunted area is often balanced, but something here in this area has thrown everything completely out of balance, like an infection that is getting worse. That is what the Hermedics here are trying to fix. We think Kindle is the key to it, and those using him.

Roy at this point feels eyes on him and when he looks around he realizes it is Elizabeth. She seems to be considering something, but after he looks at her she looks away, just about the time the stare becomes awkward.

Jeniveve nods and looks upward, taking a deep breath and her eyes close then widen as she stares at the ceiling.

A life once lost, but neither gone nor forgotten,
can be saved if through the journey of pasts and present.
A demon's blood will power the rod,
the haunting of a good soul will open the door,
the travelers of time will set wrongs right,
a sacrifice in unborn blood will be unwillingly made.
The wanderers will be known for 200 years,
yet strangers everywhere they go,
except for those with Irish Eyes.
They will join with those who know them, but they know not except by name,
save a life, lose another, save the world from darkness and death,
to take down the man in white who wields the rod, that is powered by the rood...

The young witch wavers and leans back in her chair looking fragile now as she slumps and closes her eyes. A hand goes to her head and Gloria reaches for her, but she waves it off. There is a silent moment before she speaks again. That is all I can say... You will play a part in all of this, whether you mean to or not, but D.O.O.R. offers its help, if you will take it... But Kindle must be dealt with...

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 187/214 @@
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 230/240 @
Roy O'Dowd: 284/290 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 265/268
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 548/550

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019 & 2020!
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Rex »

Mac

"No question, he needs to be dealt with. We have known that since we learned of him. But how is the question."
GreyWolfVT

#97 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy asks Liz "Who are the reapers?"

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#98 Post by Taaz »

Yeah Mac, I dont know how you deal with it though, the poem talked about a corrupted man, think thats Belmont? And whats his connection to the mayor, any of y'all have any insight on that, or is his just a personal beef with you
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#99 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams
Jeniveve wrote: That is all I can say... You will play a part in all of this, whether you mean to or not, but D.O.O.R. offers its help, if you will take it...
I can't speak for the others, but I'll speak for the others- we'll take it! I know I'm not smart like these other guys, but I'm not dumb enough to turn you away. If we weren't gonna work with you, we wouldn't be here right now. You guys are plugged into what's going on around here waayyy more than we are, so maybe we should offer you our help...if you'll take it.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
GreyWolfVT

#100 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy agrees with Lionel "I only told the mayor what he wanted to hear, but I agree with Lionel we will work with you but we have to try and do so where the mayor's eyes and ears cannot notice it."

Return to “Mission Archive”