The Firehouse - Home Sweet Home 2

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Firehouse - Home Sweet Home 2

#381 Post by Bluehorse »

Scott308 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:46 am Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Well...uh...Mr. Slimmerman, that's gonna be a problem. We had a house yesterday- you might have seen the news. Anyway, the Ecto took some damage. Not sure when we'll be able to get it fixed. I don't know if you want to put it on camera. Lionel pauses a moment, thinking. I might have an idea. I could check with a local cameraman, see if he has any unused footage of the Ecto from a scene. Maybe he'd be willing to sell if he's got anything. I don't know if my contacts at the tv station could do anything- I assume any footage they have would belong to the station.
Slimmerman there is a brief but very pregnant silence on the other end of the line. Damage?! I can't have a wrecked car on camera... it would look terrible! I............................... Wait... say that again? Yeah.... yeah! Some action shots.... I like it! Say, that is a good idea! We can shoot a whole new spot! You get me that footage to hand over so we can cut something really snazzy and do a quick shoot here with me at the shop, and we're golden, alright? Who is it? You know what? I don't care... You just get me that film and get over here this afternoon. You and all your boys, got it? We're gonna make a commercial like no one here has ever seen before!
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#382 Post by Taaz »

I hope all this fame dont go to my head!
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#383 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Lionel sends a quick text to both Jared and Jamie, asking about footage.
Lionel wrote:Hey, I was wondering if you had any unused footage from last night, particularly of the Ecto before it got damaged? We're supposed to shoot a commercial today as part of the payment for the vehicle and it's in pretty rough shape. Slimmerman may be willing to buy decent footage for the commercial.
He'll then send a text to the others, letting them know that they will all be needed later for the commercial.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#384 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker is deep in "The Zone," (not quite an invention trance, but close). He'll stop what he's doing only if someone asks him to join in the commercial shoot- and then only if they can convince him that he's needed.
FA FO
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#385 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bluehorse wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:19 am
Urson wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:20 pm Joker
R&D rolls: Day 1 (from stage 3)
[6d6]=16 Ghost [1d6]=6 +2BP
I will be rolling for Roy and We can fast track this a little. Sorry it has been way to long since I posted.

Roy:
Roy RnD [3d6]=10 G: [1d6]=5

Roy has a breakthrough moment while collaborating with Joker and they realize that they just saved themselves another Day of Research!

Jump ahead an additional day! This means that you are now working on simply putting together the components for final testing. You went over on your combined score enough to make a "quantum leap", so you can just write out that you are spending the working part of the day (or divide it up if you want in on some of the action with the rest of the team) and by tomorrow roll for "final test" with a more planned out build put together. You are literally getting to skip to the end. Congratulations! :)
Roy looks a bit amazed "Wow did we really just save ourselves all that time?" Joker? You with me?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#386 Post by Urson »

Joker
Of course, Roy. And kudos to you for that inspired idea.
FA FO
GreyWolfVT

#387 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy chuckles "Well if now only we had that kind of luck getting the Ecto fixed."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#388 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker looks uncomfortable and says nothing. A blush darkens his cheeks for a moment.
FA FO
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#389 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse: Home Sweet Home (2)
Back @ HQ
September 11, 2018 12pm
Nice out!  Cool and cloudy

Julia is busy going through paperwork and checking it against records online when she chimes in. Hey, we just got a big deposit notice from the bank. GBI just put the first down payment in looks like. We are looking good! Hopefully, they don't take it out on us as shares at the end of the month...

Roy & Joker feel the stress lifting from them as the work progresses swimmingly. It must be nice to feel something working right for a change.

Lionel seems to have gotten a deal worked out with Slimmerman, now he is working on his news contacts:
Jamie: I'll have to check, but the station is usually pretty stingy about who they let use their footage. What station is doing his commercial?
Jerad: I have quite a bit of footage of you guys, including of the jeep. None from the other night, but let me see what I can put together. Find out what he is offering for footage and promise me a credit, and I am sure we can work out a deal.
Sometime later, Gabby arrives with a few big delivery bags of food and the firehouse is quickly filled with the smells of broth, veggies, and a hint of fish oil... very hardy Vietnamese food. Julia hops up to help her in the door and to the breakroom. She then gets on the intercom:

Oh, Jason... You're lunch delivery just arrived. Don't keep a lady waiting! the team can hear them laughing briefly as the phone hangs up.

Brownie Point Spending:
Joker: -2 to rolls.

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 187/214 @@
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 240/240 @
Roy O'Dowd: 290/290 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 268/268
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 548/550

Julia Dunst: 49/49

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019 & 2020!
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#390 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Good news at last." Mac will wander about the station cleaning up and making sure everything is in order.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#391 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker takes a break from his R&D, and wanders into the kitchen. He'll take some of the offered food- politely avoiding the fish.
Afterward, he'll be back in the electronics lab, soldering and wiring- Turkish heavy metal echoing
FA FO
Scott308

#392 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel calls Slimmerman to get the info Jamie and Jared requested.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#393 Post by Taaz »

Yess!sss.... Jason Yelps and then hisses remembering his...well everything, and makes his way gingerly to the front where he greets Gabby and Julia both with a smile. Hey, he says grabbing whatever he can to help, you know all the local spots, where do I cash in my frequent customer card for the hospital? Is it in thier building or is there a satellite office? He grins again, One more near death experience and the next one should be free.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#394 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse: Home Sweet Home (2)
Back @ HQ
September 11, 2018 12:05pm
Nice out!  Cool and cloudy

Julia to Jason: No such luck, but if you keep getting food like this brought in, same thing, right?

Gabby opens up a big container of eggrolls. You're just lucky my mom and dad seem to like you. They say ghostbusters are good luck.
Where's that big guy? I have enough here for everyone.

Roy, Mac, & Joker smell the food that is permeating the firehouse. Feel free to go ahead and roll for the next phase and we will have that fast tracked for later.

Lionel gets with Slimmerman on the phone again. Slimmerman Motors, Slimmerman Speaking... You got some footage? Yeah! What station... No, no, no... I use my cousin Vinny. He has the camera. Buy it?! Ugh! You're killing me! Actually killing me! It better be good footage... Yeah I can get him a credit. Vinny's kid Mona... she's good on that graphic stuff. Look, if the footage is good and he will let us use it, I'll buy it, but I'm not paying an arm and a leg... I'm the one that is out on all this so far, and I don't like dealing outside of family, know what I mean?

Okay... So what I want to do is manage this with a couple rolls. You are playing monkey in the middle with Jerad and Slimmerman. Gimmie two rolls of Mod Cool. If both are successful, you work out a deal. If you miss you will need to make two at Hard to further wheel and deal. I'll let you narrate this how you like.

Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 187/214 @@
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 240/240 @
Roy O'Dowd: 290/290 @@
David "Mac" McAuslan: 268/268
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 548/550

Julia Dunst: 49/49

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019 & 2020!
Scott308

#395 Post by Scott308 »

Ah, well, Mr. Slimmerman, I'll see what I can do, but I don't really know what other choice you have, unless you want to pay to get the Ecto fixed for the shoot. It is obviously in no shape to be filmed now, so if you want to use it in the commercial, the only way to get the footage is to pay the cameraman. I don't know how much he wants, but I'll talk to him, let him know you're willing to give him credit in the commercial.

After hanging up with Slimmerman, he calls Jared. Hey, Jared. Slimmerman said he'd be willing to credit you in the commercial. He's got a family member that does graphics so she can do that. He wants to use his cousin to film, but obviously with the car in the shape it is, he can't do that. He's willing to pay for your footage. He wants to spend as little as he has to, but if it's good, he'll pay. He wants to see the footage before he buys it, though. He wanted to do the commercial yesterday, we were obviously busy, so he's chompin' at the bit to get it done today. How soon can you put something together and get down to his place? I'll get the guys together and meet you there so we can get this worked out- make the commercial and make you some money!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#396 Post by Rex »

What is Mac rolling for?
GreyWolfVT

#397 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Rex wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:07 am What is Mac rolling for?
I was wondering the same thing for Roy.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#398 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:42 pm
Rex wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:07 am What is Mac rolling for?
I was wondering the same thing for Roy.
Sorry! Meant that for R&J.

If Mac wants to roll for anything, I'm good! LOL!
Looks like Lionel could use some help.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#399 Post by Bluehorse »

The back and forth on the first round of calls seems like they are very close to a deal. Just noooooooot quite there yet. Lionel doesn't seem ready to give up though and calls Jered back. It all seems to go well as Jered listens to the counter offer and somewhere long the way, there seems to be a mixup.

Yeah, I can do it for that price, especially if you're paying the difference from my first offer. Tell him I'll have something edited up for him this afternoon. We've got a deal. the enthusiastic journalists hangs up and Lionel realizes he just accidentally agreed to cover the $100 surcharge for using the footage.

When he calls back to Slimmerman, the sellsman is ecstatic, seeming to have warmed to the idea. He wants you all there at 3pm to shoot the spot.
GreyWolfVT

#400 Post by GreyWolfVT »

What are Joker and Roy rolling again Brains??

Return to “Mission Archive”