(013) Phlume [1611 Spinward Marches]

Eris
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: (013) Phlume [1611 Spinward Marches]

#21 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun sounds excited and states "It is a great honour to be invited to feast in a great hero's hall. We should all attend so as not to insult him. We can secure the ship and I will activate the security protocols so the Corporates can not escape - I mean wander off..."

(OOC: Most intriguing. Does the invitation specify crew, corporates or both?)
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:07 pm Sigrun sounds excited and states "It is a great honour to be invited to feast in a great hero's hall. We should all attend so as not to insult him. We can secure the ship and I will activate the security protocols so the Corporates can not escape - I mean wander off..."

Zaki taps her hand comp. "Sorry, you're assigned to the scullery during that time."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#23 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Pedro passes on the news to the crew. "Wear your clean clothes dirtside, the Baron would like to meet with us at the fancy hotel!"

Meet-n-greet or dinner?
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun bridles at Zaki and retorts "Ýmirs frosteistna* Warriors do not dwell in the scullery when there is feasting!"

Then she reins in her instinctive reaction and eyes Zaki with a calculatingly wicked smile "If you leave me behind then, in preparation for the next leg of the journey, I will conduct live fire boarding drills with the Corporates. One Sword World scullery maid against... every living soul aboard. I don't think the odds are too many".

(OOC: * Old Norse translation service: "By Ymir's frosty bits!"!)

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#25 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Tiglath wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:09 pm Sigrun bridles at Zaki and retorts "Ýmirs frosteistna* Warriors do not dwell in the scullery when there is feasting!"

Then she reins in her instinctive reaction and eyes Zaki with a calculatingly wicked smile "If you leave me behind then, in preparation for the next leg of the journey, I will conduct live fire boarding drills with the Corporates. One Sword World scullery maid against... every living soul aboard. I don't think the odds are too many".

Pedro sighs and mutters "Now I know what mom felt like when my sisters were little"
Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by Keven »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:23 pm
Tiglath wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:09 pm Sigrun bridles at Zaki and retorts "Ýmirs frosteistna* Warriors do not dwell in the scullery when there is feasting!"

Pedro sighs and mutters "Now I know what mom felt like when my sisters were little"
Carlos chimes in. "And now we know why you're out here past the ass end of civilisation with the rest of us."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:17 pmCarlos chimes in. "And now we know why you're out here past the ass end of civilisation with the rest of us."
"And to think I missed all of this by living several sectors away from the Sword Worlds." She steps over to Carlos and wraps her arms around his ribs from behind. "I did find him, so it all worked out." She grins at Sigrun from around Carlos' shoulder.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Tiglath »

Zaki's grin defeats Sigrun's martial aspect and she gives a bright smile in return resting her gaze on John Lee.

"Let us discover what this old warrior wants with a ship's crew".

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by Eris »

Tiglath wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:07 pm Sigrun sounds excited and states "It is a great honour to be invited to feast in a great hero's hall. We should all attend so as not to insult him. We can secure the ship and I will activate the security protocols so the Corporates can not escape - I mean wander off..."

The message is to the crew. Passengers are not mentioned.

John Lee is seated at one of the computer terminals, "Um, says here, he's a very old man, 86 years old, to be exact. Service in the Imperial Army, bla, bla, bla."

"Oh! Sigrun, you'll like this! He was Military Attaché to the Imperial Ambassador on Gram 50 years ago and married a Sword Worlder there....Helga Ostridheim? Two children, Artur who was killed in combat and Frida Marie who it appears is not, but there is nothing else about her in the entry for Baron Heulcyn-Aadarkhi."
John Lee looks at his lover and grins, "Maybe you'll get a chance to speak your native language to someone who actually understands it."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:21 pm Pedro passes on the news to the crew. "Wear your clean clothes dirtside, the Baron would like to meet with us at the fancy hotel!"

Meet-n-greet or dinner?
Appears to be dinner.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by terrymixon »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:21 pm Pedro passes on the news to the crew. "Wear your clean clothes dirtside, the Baron would like to meet with us at the fancy hotel!"

Meet-n-greet or dinner?
“This should be interesting,” Emily said to her engineering partner. “Can’t say that’s happened to me before.”

Emily has clothes that are upscale enough. She’ll have discreet pins for her MCG and TAS membership.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Gunnery-0, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:51 pm

Meet-n-greet or dinner?
Appears to be dinner.

Pedro will actually dress nicely for this one. I don't remember did we ever come up with official uniforms for us or not?
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by joertexas »

Zaki pulls out one of her slacks and blouse combinations, along with a pair of dressy closed shoes.

JR
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:27 pm
Eris wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:51 pm

Meet-n-greet or dinner?
Appears to be dinner.

Pedro will actually dress nicely for this one. I don't remember did we ever come up with official uniforms for us or not?
You kept threatening to do Hawaiian shirts, shorts and sandals for the official uniform, but never followed through. :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Tiglath »

Eris wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:46 pm John Lee looks at his lover and grins, "Maybe you'll get a chance to speak your native language to someone who actually understands it."
Sigrun returns a wicked smile and replies "You already seem to understand certain phrases well enough!"

She then spends much time pondering outfit selection but finally goes for a long sleeveless dress in green silk split high enough to move in easily. She picks a set of soft low boots without too much heel for comfort. Her hair is swept back and braided at the sides maintaining something of her martial look and she adds her faithful crew jacket over the top of her dress for travel.

She doesn't draw attention to it but she has added her awards to the previously "blank" patches on the jacket. These consist of Sword World "Ribbons of Service" as opposed to medals and these declare service rather than bravery. For those in the know or able to work them out the top ribbon is for Naval Reserve Service (Pilot) with the Space Combat Badge and Command clasp, below this is another ribbon for Ground Combat Service with the Orbital Assault Badge with the “Wardn” battle honour and Command clasp. On her breast pocket below the ribbons are the Blockade Runner Badge and Sacnoth Fleet Badge. Above both her ribbons she wears an engraved silver clasp the length of a finger with a central crossed axe and sword design surrounded by the runic lettering Tuttugu ok fimm* and flanked by snarling wolf heads.

(OOC: Sigrun's generation career didn't do medals per se to I've added the service ribbons which act a bit like UK forces "Campaign Medals". It seemed quite "Swordy" to just declare that you were there. If you were brave in the process then everyone should just know by your reputation! :P The detailed additions to each ribbon are added from char gen or established background.

* Old Norse translation service: Twenty five - numbers were nearly always written longhand!)

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by Eris »

The landing is smooth and the formalities of customs checks take only a few minutes. The Ling passengers go about getting their factor off the ship without needing any help from any of the crew and because the invitation is only about 90 minutes after you land you put off dealing with cargo and supplies until later.

It is early evening, the star here is a huge red ball sinking into the sea to the east and casting a reddish glow over everything. The air is dense and humid, but has a pleasant salty taste to it from the bay a joining the port. The star port, itself, is very small and you can see the façade of the hotel where you have the meeting from the ship itself. It appears to be just beyond the tall chain link fence surrounding the port facility itself. An easy walk if you decide to do that.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:00 pm The landing is smooth and the formalities of customs checks take only a few minutes. The Ling passengers go about getting their factor off the ship without needing any help from any of the crew and because the invitation is only about 90 minutes after you land you put off dealing with cargo and supplies until later.

It is early evening, the star here is a huge red ball sinking into the sea to the east and casting a reddish glow over everything. The air is dense and humid, but has a pleasant salty taste to it from the bay a joining the port. The star port, itself, is very small and you can see the façade of the hotel where you have the meeting from the ship itself. It appears to be just beyond the tall chain link fence surrounding the port facility itself. An easy walk if you decide to do that.
Zaki looks at the hotel. "Do we walk, or take ground transportation?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun replies "The walk might be good".

She then indicates her soft "pixie boots" and defiantly declares "I have accessorised with sensible shoes".

Even in her relatively low heels Sigrun is matching John Lee's full height. However, this evening she is relatively unarmed appearing to only be wearing her (smaller) decorated and engraved Ingleri auto pistol in a "garter" holster about her right thigh.

(OOC: Phlume law level is 4 and so sidearms R Us - for those of certain persuasions... :roll: )

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#39 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Pedro points "It's just over there, exercise won't kill us, just make the cold beer taste better" and starts walking towards the hotel.
Blade.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#40 Post by terrymixon »

Tiglath wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:55 pm Sigrun replies "The walk might be good".

She then indicates her soft "pixie boots" and defiantly declares "I have accessorised with sensible shoes".

Even in her relatively low heels Sigrun is matching John Lee's full height. However, this evening she is relatively unarmed appearing to only be wearing her (smaller) decorated and engraved Ingleri auto pistol in a "garter" holster about her right thigh.

(OOC: Phlume law level is 4 and so sidearms R Us - for those of certain persuasions... :roll: )
Sigrun has made progress with Emily. She is sporting a concealed auto pistol.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Gunnery-0, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”