Around the Gaming Table (OOC Stuff)

Ithril
Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Around the Gaming Table (OOC Stuff)

#141 Post by Darithe »

I am fully recovered now, and in fact returned to work on Monday. No lasting effects thankfully!
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by Rex »

Great news!
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#143 Post by Ithril »

I'm glad you've had a full recovery, and I hope your family stays safe and healthy too !

I should have the next post up tonight; tomorrow at the latest.

I
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by ravenn4544 »

Good news to hear on your recovery!!
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#145 Post by Ithril »

Bluetongue wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:40 pm
Igber tugs at Pebble's arm, still held at guard against Harker. "Come. You can't fight his sword. Maybe he's right, and there are some children hidden here." Igber leads towards the back of Makhmet's stage backdrop where the curtain separates to form some kind of entry way, hung with a set of cheap copper bells. A crudely painted sign reads "Makhmet's Magickicent Manageri" and "Welcome" above the entrance.
Ithril wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:05 pm
Bluetongue wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:07 pm "Igber take Pebble with you and search these tents for unaccompanied children. Take them under your supervision."
Darithe wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:55 pm "Pebble and Igber, will you join me and drive us back to the tent while I make sure the prisoner is safe?"
Igber stands confused, looking from one to the other of you, and back at Pebble
So to clarify, Igber is somewhere on the stage,halfway between the old woman, and the backstage area entrance, looking at the 3 of you, Traesta, Harker, and Pebble, unsure of what to do. I'm hoping for some feedback from Pebble, and clarification for direction. Igber will become impatient if he is ordered around much more. Though as DM I'm giving some latitude for his actions because I don't want to have undue influence on other player actions; he's not an errand boy.

I
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#146 Post by Bluetongue »

Sure that's fine.

It might be good while we wait for an update just to consolidate group aims. As far as I understand, we started by assisting a woman who lost her kids and we presumed the big guy took them away by force. Bringing them here to be captive in a caravan or tent or inside the wagon ready to cart away. Harker thinks the old crone was using illusions to mesmerise people and perhaps to lure a few away for unknown reasons.

So his plan is to arrest the woman (and big guy, though that might involve actual melee), take them to his superiors. Then carry on with the festival activity unless a specific 'mission' arises that needs addressing immediately. He is presuming any interrogation proceeds better than this.

https://youtu.be/zrzMhU_4m-g
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Rex »

LOL, very applicable!
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#148 Post by Ithril »

Bluetongue wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:35 am Harker
He will grab a bucket of water or sand. Usually one is kept by tents in case of fires starting. He uses it to quench the swampy green smoke coming from the fire behind the tent. He dismantles the pot, tipping the contents away.
The fire pit with the cauldron on it are behind the tent, out of Harker's sight. There wouldn't be a way for him to necessarily know of it. The grid on the map represents 5ft squares, so I think it would be fair to assume it would take more than one action to gather the bucket of sand, and extinguish the fire. At any rate, you have Baron K'thoson's select guard to deal with at the moment. Naturally, these are not the reinforcements you had hoped for.

I
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#149 Post by Bluetongue »

I know the wagons were visually inspected from the outside but has anyone actually climbed the back and gone inside one. Can those exploring see inside the wagons?

Harker will put it in his 'to do' list eventually.
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#150 Post by Ithril »

Nope, that is something that has yet to be done.
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#151 Post by Ithril »

Everyone, Please Welcome Leitz to the group. He will be taking over Igber for me.

I have neglected to start an XP thread, but I will do so soon and update all of you in the status of XP earned to this point. I will also be posting a thread shortly to detail how magic works differently in this world than in the standard AD&D campaign world.
Please remember, if I have made anything confusing, let me know either via dm, or here.
And I still need to find a way of introducing someone who can tell you about some of the creatures you may meet in this world; like the one scrambling around in the tent right now.

Thank you Everyone!
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by Leitz »

Hello everyone. Your PCs have established friendships with Igber; he will honor those as best I can. If you see something out of place, please let me know. I'm not sure I can replicate atpollard's style and thought process, so Igber will likely change a bit. Given how your characters have treated him, his growth should be organic and will lean towards the good you have shown. At least for the first bit, I'll put his thought processes in the thread so you can see what your characters likely see, given close contact with him.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#153 Post by Ithril »

It appears that my image hosting site is having trouble. Some of my images are larger than UnseenServant's file size limit The images have disappeared from the posts, and the link goes to a dead page. I will re-upload them as soon as possible. I'm sorry for the delay.

I
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by Leitz »

Sorry to hear, I enjoy the artwork, even if I can't replicate it.
Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#155 Post by Darithe »

Welcome to the game Leitz!

Traesta blesses Igber's new incarnation! :)
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by Rex »

Welcome aboard Leitz!
redwarrior
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#157 Post by redwarrior »

Hail and well met Leitz!!!
Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by Leitz »

I have a couple more days of on-line, and then will go dark for a week or two while we move. If you need anything from me, now is the time to ask. :)
Ithril
Ranger
Ranger

#159 Post by Ithril »

I'm kinda waiting for something from Darithe/Traesta and Ravenn4544/Pebble.

I'll post tomorrow evening regardless if we have heard from them or not.
(or maybe tonight if I get bored)

Also, I've decided to revise the 'low score xp bonus'. Most of you have ability scores in the 80+range. 2 characters do not, and so I am going to go ahead and award the bonus to them as well.

I
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#160 Post by Bluetongue »

Not trying to be awkward but not sure what else I can do. I don't mind the three knights turning up and giving me lip and challenging what I am do but now a troop of guards patrolling turn up and some Sgt shows his rank stripes and rattles his ball and chains, declaring he is in charge. Ok fine.

Either I tell him to politely get fucked because I am in charge or I go okay, you take the witch into custody, you take the witness statements from the characters and from the woman who alerted us and you complete the search of the tent. And you deal with the consequence of any witchcraft going on.

Return to “Dooms of Evisath (2e)”