OOC 3 > Rant and Rave and Throw Rocks!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC 3 > Rant and Rave and Throw Rocks!

#21 Post by Alethan »

hedgeknight wrote:I have no problem with you taking it for this level up if you want. You're call.
Yeah, that's what I'll do, then. Gracias. And adjusted.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rtdersch
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by rtdersch »

Hedge, I suppose the 1200xp also includes the 10 percent bonus for having a 16 for our primary stat? If so, damn, fell short of level 3 by 105XP.

Nokrugh starts looking for something, or someone to kill. :twisted:
Nökrugh - Level 2 Half-Orc Fighter (Berserker) - Hedges Forgotten Realms HP 29/29 AC:3

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by hedgeknight »

Yeah, I included the 10% for everyone and then added some extras in there too! ;)

Dang it, if I had know you were that close, I'd have added more "extras" > still, you're not home yet.
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#24 Post by Alethan »

Maybe Nok can wander off to take a leak one day and find two orcs to kill on his own...

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by Belkregos »

made it to 2nd!
o yea!
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by hedgeknight »

Morning fellers > up early today, even though I'm posting later than I had planned. Working on getting back on "school hours" in preparation for returning to work on August 20. Plus, I'm trying to get the groups to a place where if things slow down for a few days (the week when school starts on the 27th), it won't bog down the game very much.

Game status:

Bloodcurse group > Doing very well > vanquished the werewolves, saved the future barbarian king, and now returning to Grunwald. Be thinking about what to do from there. I have some ideas, but I'm flexible if your character(s) want to do something specific. Also, if you are at a point where you want to leave the game (for whatever reason), now would be an appropriate time for that, since we are about to close a "chapter" in the game. I don't want to lose anyone, but I understand when real life issues come up or a player is just ready to move onto something else.

Mausoleum group
> Also doing well, moving right along > will have a new player joining the group likely by the weekend > excited about him coming into the game > I think you'll be too when you find out who it is. I'll say this too > if you decide (as a group...of two) that you are done with exploring the lower tombs and want to return to the surface and continue on, just say so > as I said above, I'm flexible.

One more thing > over in AQ's game, there has been a discussion about initiative and modifiers, and the question of weapon speed and casting times was brought up. I used to play in a 2E FtF game (years ago) where the DM used the optional rules for weapon speed and spell casting times to factor in with initiative. It took me a few weeks to get used to it, but once I did, it was pretty smooth going. Is that something we want to talk about for our game?
A few of you are very good at rolling initiative prior to your actions, but I usually roll for those who don't. So, another option would be for me to roll ALL initiatives and you guys roll attacks, saves, etc. What do you think? Talk to me...
Winter is coming...

Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#28 Post by Hoondatha »

I'm not going anywhere, but Tarrin wants to start heading east. He's got a long, long walk ahead of him to get home, and he wants to get started. As you say, we've come to a natural "end point." He's seen the people who helped him after he popped out of the air through their immediate difficulties. It looks to him like what comes next is the long walk of normal life, and that's not something he feels is his duty to help with.

Now, how that translates into what the rest of the group is doing is open for discussion. Many of the group are rootless, or wanderers, so maybe he could convince them to sort of wander in his direction for awhile.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#29 Post by Alethan »

At the very least, Greystone must return to his tribe and report on the situation with the shape-shifters. I believe that is east? Sorry, my grasp of the geography isn't as good as it should be.

Depending on whether there is any slipperfoot left, and whether lycanthropy is contracted solely by bite or if it is contracted by > 50% damage (as it is in some rule sets) regardless of what does the damage (claws or bites), then it may be necessary for others to return with him for more of the slipperfoot cure (Darkstar, to be sure, off the top of my head).

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#30 Post by AQuebman »

I admit I always forget initiative, it just never crosses my mind prolly from being in the big group when somebody else would do it before I posted. I prefer less complexity over more but i'll roll with the groups decision.

Oggle isn't leaving until he's dead or this tomb is cleared.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by hedgeknight »

The Dalelands are many, many miles East of your current location, while Greystone's tribe is West.

There is no elfenslipper remaining in Grunwald - you were given just enough to cure King Gundar. And none of you have contracted lycanthropy from your wounds. Greystone was healed by the powder before the disease took hold. Did he even actually contract the disease? We'll never know. :twisted:
Darkstar appears to be fine...even though he was only clawed by the werewolf.

Waiting for the others to chime in > any thoughts on initiative?
Winter is coming...

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar would like to remain with Greystone and return to the elven village.

As for initiative I dont care, I can roll or you can roll for it, whatever works easier for you!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by hedgeknight »

Darkstar & Greystone > heading West back to Neverwinter Woods
Tarrin > heading East
Lysander & Oggle > in a dungeon hole about to be eaten alive...er...explore old forgotten tombs. :twisted:

Cole?
Nokrugh?
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#34 Post by Alethan »

hedgeknight wrote:The Dalelands are many, many miles East of your current location, while Greystone's tribe is West.

There is no elfenslipper remaining in Grunwald - you were given just enough to cure King Gundar. And none of you have contracted lycanthropy from your wounds. Greystone was healed by the powder before the disease took hold. Did he even actually contract the disease? We'll never know. :twisted:
lol... like I was going to take the chance, with a cure handy. In my mind, he was absolutely infected and I'm already playing a halfling with two heads in Ways of the Earth's Hinterlands game on ODD74; I'd rather keep my REALLY odd characters to a minimum.

Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by Hoondatha »

Tarrin isn't going to leave instantaneously. If possible, he wants to convince some people to come with him. It's, as you say, a long, long walk to the Dalelands, and he doesn't want to do it alone. He will if he has to, but he'd rather have a group.

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by Belkregos »

Cole was working on bringing justice to the werewolves, now that is done has no immediate destination, thought his principles will likely find something soon enough, there's no shortage of injustice
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#37 Post by Hoondatha »

It is true, actually. There wasn't anything on the High Dale side, unless you've completely changed my character's background.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by hedgeknight »

I haven't changed anything about your character > that's not my style as a DM.
Winter is coming...

Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#39 Post by Hoondatha »

I really don't want the group to splinter. Really, really don't want. One on one is fine for a little while, but it's not what I play D&D for. So if we could figure out a way to keep most/all of the group together, I would appreciate it.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#40 Post by Alethan »

Hoondatha wrote:I really don't want the group to splinter. Really, really don't want. One on one is fine for a little while, but it's not what I play D&D for. So if we could figure out a way to keep most/all of the group together, I would appreciate it.
Well... FYI, we've already splintered (see: Oggle). The "game" has survived and is expanding with one (possibly another?) new player in that thread. Personally, I kind of like the fluidity of it all. Makes it feel much more natural. I like that it feels as if some event has thrown people together who wouldn't probably work together normally, and then, once the crisis is over, that compulsion to remain together disappears and the characters revert to what is more natural to them.

That said, I'm sure Hedgeknight probably doesn't want to run four separate threads that have no chance of coming together, so I agree in keeping splits to a bare minimum. And I don't want to go to one-on-one just as much as you don't. I thrive on the interaction - it's also one of the reasons why I can't stand games with players who just follow along with the group (and saying so is their level of interaction).

I just don't want to force my character to do something that doesn't seem... well... "in character". At least, not for very long, anyway.

Return to “Hedge's Forgotten Realms Adventures”