Recruiting for Treasure Hunt AD&D 2e

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Interest Check for an AD&D 2e Game

#21 Post by dmw71 »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Sounds like some of the old B/X games you ran on here Dave.
I accept that have run a few TPKs over the many years. None were ever intentional, though.

My response was from a player perspective; not DM. I very rarely get a chance to play (I'm usually the DM), but I love games being run by tough DMs. When most players are min/maxing and otherwise optimizing their characters, it's only right that the DM play monsters effectively.

My opinion, of course.
-- DM --
Simple Idea, Zero Prep (OSRIC)

-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
(Status: Archived)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Rex »

If you are over your limit on players I can back out for someone in less games, which is just about everyone.
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#23 Post by dmw71 »

Rex wrote:...I can back out for someone in less games, which is just about everyone.
:lol:
-- DM --
Simple Idea, Zero Prep (OSRIC)

-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)

-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Marullus »

I am interested - I would like to try a zero-level start. :) Please let me know if you have room. 2nd Edition is nostalgic.

Dungeon Crawl Classics could provide some inspiration - it has a zero-level funnel for all characters just as you're describing.
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by onlyme »

I would be interested as well.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Tragic Tales
Scout
Scout

#26 Post by Tragic Tales »

Thank you for the interest. Since there will be enough players, the mods opened a forum for Treasure Hunt. I have the day off from work and am organizing the game forum. This weekend I will have a character creation thread posted in the forum sometime today. Once that is up I will start recruitment for the game.
Tragic Tales
Woe is Me

DM of Treasure Hunt
jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by jemmus »

We died so much that my char starting selling insurance policies to the other PCs. Pre-pay to be hauled back to town for a Raise Dead spell. In AD&D you lose one point of Constitution after every Raise Dead. My anti-paladin ended up with & Constitution. (Also, in those days we had to walk 5 miles to school and 10 miles back). :D
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox
wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by wolfpack »

wow surprised there is that much interest for a 0 level game. Have a good time guys!
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#29 Post by GreyWolfVT »

wolfpack wrote:wow surprised there is that much interest for a 0 level game. Have a good time guys!
Hey I haven't done a zero level game in a long time think last time was a DCC game.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Tragic Tales
Scout
Scout

Re: Recruiting for Treasure Hunt AD&D 2e

#30 Post by Tragic Tales »

Welcome to Treasure Hunt. This is the first of a series of adventures I ran years ago for my table top group. The adventures take place in the Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms. It is an ambitious tale but with the help of a few good story tellers we can see this adventure through.

I am new to The Unseen Servant and do not know anyone. Since I have not played with anyone here and do not want to blindly accept players, I will not recruit by first come first serve. Instead I will choose by a short vignette (500 words or less) about how your character was kidnapped and the character's backstory. The backstory should include a brief family history and where the character hails from. All characters need to be from the Sword Coast region or provide an explanation of why they are there.

System: AD&D 2e
Recruiting: 4 - 5 players
Start Date: 06/10/2020
Dice Roller Campaign ID: 842
Setting: Sword Coast of the Forgotten Realms
Crunchy Bits: I am well versed in the rules and setting. Mechanically everyone will be responsible for their own rolls unless there is a reason; such as, an elf passing a concealed or secret door. Seeing through an illusion. Etc.
It will be mostly by the book with a few house rules. This will be detailed in the game. One house rule is hero points. You want your character to do cool things, I want your characters to do cool things. Hero points make that happen.
Fluffy Bits: I am here to take you on an adventure. This will be the tale of those characters. Not all encounters will be hack and slash. Nor is the adventure entirely a dungeon crawl, it is a mix of indoor and outdoor terrain. I do expect interaction between the characters and NPCs. I prefer a story post format told in the past tense. I reward detailed posts with bonuses.
  • I attack the orc with my long sword. Result: roll the die.
  • Luthgar entrenched his stance and jammed the butt of his spear into the earth. The orc’s war cry rang in his ears as he steadied the spear shaft and took aim. Result: roll two dice, keep the highest.
Player Expectations: Good grammar and spell check should be used. Posts should be at least two sentences and descriptive. I think two or three posts per week is reasonable for a good roleplay and real life balance. Although I would be open to more posts per week, if everyone is able.

Character Creation Guide / Game Application table of contents
Tragic Tales
Woe is Me

DM of Treasure Hunt
Tragic Tales
Scout
Scout

#31 Post by Tragic Tales »

Thank you to Marullus for letting me know that I need to add users to the forum in order for anyone to post there. And thank you to Bluetongue, wolfpack, GreyWolfVT and Dave for helping me along.

The following users have been given permission to post in the Treasure Hunt forum. I believe that is everyone that has expressed an interest. Let me know if I missed you or you are interested in applying to the game.

Users that have been added.
Darklin2
ravenn4544
OGRE MAGE
Bluetongue
Rex
Qounundrum
Modric
Jemmus
onlyme
GreyWolfVT
Tragic Tales
Woe is Me

DM of Treasure Hunt
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#32 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Hey TT!

I see that you have plenty of interest in this game, so I think I better respectfully step aside.

The game and premise sounds great, and it really piqued my interest initially, but then I remember how busy I am already on here. :lol: I don’t think I will be able to swing this one after all.

Good luck and have fun! :D

Return to “Looking for players or games”