DOMAIN OF EVIL - Adventure Intro Script

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

DOMAIN OF EVIL - Adventure Intro Script

#1 Post by max_vale »

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

A dilapidated light Freighter drops out of hyperspace and shakily moves into a solar system headed for the fifth orb circling the red sun. The Freighter is old and covered in rust and the crowded cockpit is filthy and grubby. Five crew members are huddled close together, having an animated conversation...

PC 1: Here we are, Trinta. We'll just breeze down, forage around and load up with supplies.

PC 2: (In an accusing tone) That's what you said when we stopped at Kwalanza Station.

PC 3: Yeah, except it was crawling with Impies and Bounty Hunters.

PC 4: We had to call at the Station, we needed the supplies. Our last trip left us low on food and water.

PC 5: Yeah and the Emprie stole the Shuttle the Alliance loaned us for the mission. And do we steal a decent one in exchange? NO! We take this pile of junk!

PC 6: I don't like this. I'm getting us a new course, so we can get out of here if there's any trouble.

PC 3: First jump out of Kwalanza and the hyperdrive gives out. It takes us a couple weeks to get it in decent working order again to get us here and in the meantime we've eaten all of our supplies.

PC 1: How was I supposed to know it had a faulty hyperdrive? It's not like I had enough time to look the ship over!

PC 4: Yeah, we did have Crutag and a dozen or more bounty Hunters breathing down our necks at the time. It was split from the station or keep an interrogation droid company while waiting for our execution.

PC 5: Never mind that. Even Crutag wouldn't think we'd be dumb enough to come to a planet like that.

The ship has moved close to a green-blue planet with a hazy atmosphere, lit by flickering electrical storms.

PC 2: Yeah, look at those storms. We'll be lucky to find anything. If we don't get blown to bits going through the atmosphere, we'll probably end up sinking into a bottomless swamp.

PC 3: Crutag's a Taloron Hunter; he ain't gonna give up on us.

PC 1: Trust me, Crutag won't find us, he's probably on the other side of the galaxy by now.

PC 5: Sure, just like you said he was no problem when we overheard those spacers talking about how he and his pack of hunters had been hired to track us down back on the Station.

PC 4: Whether he's following us or not, we've got no choice. We're out of food and we've only got about a day's supply of water left.

PC 6: I've got a bad feeling about that planet. I'm nearly there with the hyperspace jump coordinates.

PC 3: Crutag's got a rep almost as big as Solo's. Once he's on the scent, he don't give up.

PC 2: Great; we've got Crutag's biggest fan (points at PC 3) and the eternal optomist at the controls (points at PC 1).

PC 3: Hey! I'm only facing facts; Crutag's....

PC 4: (Interrupts PC 3) RIGHT BEHIND US! His ship is screaming in fast on our tail!

PC 2: Where did HE come from?

PC 1: (Groans) It's not my fault. Someone must have told him we were coming here.

PC 3: Says you. Crutag's had plenty of time to check out every other planet around here. He's probably been waiting for us.

Crutag's ship; a medium freighter heavily modified with powerful engines and several weapons known as The Scent of Fear, races forward towards the Rebel's ship. Laser Bolts sear across the hull of the battered old light freighter.

PC 6: Let's get outta here! The jump coords are done; let's go to lightspeed. Punch it!

PC 1: No problem. Here we go!

The pilot's console flickers as the hyperdrive surges to life; then with a sickening shudder the drive fails and the little freighter lurches towards the planet Trinta's atmosphere with the Scent of Fear rapidly closing the distance.

PC 5: Great! I knew it. The hyperdrive fails again and with our luck, we'll probably break up in the atmosphere.

The comm suddenly crackles to life and the cold, angry voice of Crutag the Hunter fills the cockpit. "I have you now scum. Surrender or die."

PC 2: Take us down, we're a sitting target up here!

PC 1: Okay Trinta, here we come!

PC 6: Wait, not so fast! Crutag's the one trying to kill us, not you!

The little freighter shakes and shudder as a laser bolt slams into its stern. Caught in Trinta's gravity, the little ship starts to plummet towards the surface of the planet.

PC 3: We're in big trouble; the ion sublight drives are taking critical damage. This could be it people!

PC 4: Well, don't stand there gaping. We're not going down without a fight; get to your battle stations!

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”