Chapter and Verse - Reginald Wilkins & Isaiah Bartlett

Grognardsw
Anders Molin
Scout
Scout

Re: Chapter and Verse - Reginald Wilkins & Isaiah Bartlett

#81 Post by Anders Molin »

Eddie moves towards the Carver/Angell apartment without hesitation, suggesting he has been here before or at the very least is familiar with the address.

"Now look here, old man -", Eddie starts in an irritated voice, but interrupts himself. In a calmer, almost tired, tone he continues, "I don't even know your name, sir, but alright, I'll play ball." He looks around almost as if to check for competition - or pursuers? - before resuming: "Yesterday morning, a body was found in a wooded area outside of Arkham. It was missing its head and both hands. Not far from the site, another discovery was made - two heads and four hands. No second body has been found yet, at least not as of yesterday evening. The cops don't have any suspects - officially at least." Eddie carefully avoided mentioning the BOI involvement and the ticket stub lead he had been following - there was no telling where this old gomer was coming from and Eddie was in no mood to share more than necessary. "I had learned through colleagues in Providence that several mutilations had taken place here and the cops held a person in custody - and that he had confessed to some of the murders, but not all. Of course, I was on the next train down here."

With a smile and somewhat more warmth in his voice, Eddie concluded, "Now, if we are in a sharing mood, do you mind telling me why we're at Timothy's place?"
For more detailed OOC information of what Eddie has been up to, see the Marius and Eddie Take Aim thread.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Grognardsw »

The three gentlemen talk as they go up the stairs to Timothy's apartment.

Fulci
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#83 Post by Fulci »

Isaiah tries his best to keep the pace with the two younger men scaling the stairs. And he is having second thoughts about Eddie. The journalist might be on their side after all. Despite the fact that he is driven by a different motive: curiosity.

"Good," he says finally and stops to rest for a second, gathering strength not only to continue the 'journey', but also to take a stroll down memory lane again.

"The Carver boy confessed. But he didn't commit all of the murders - or any of them, in that case. It's a possibility. Although I fear... his mind is in such a state, when he is capable of anything. Tainted. By evil powers. You may not believe me... but the ritual killings are just that. Rituals."

Isaiah grabs Eddie by the shoulders.

"Here dark deeds lead to madness. And not the other way around."

He notices that he himself is acting... mad, lets go, and continues in a calmer manner.

"And it's happened before. In my home town, Ipswich. Many decades ago. So we came here, with Mr. Wilkins, to look for... clues."
G A M E S :
Running Vaults & Wastelands [Fallout]
Isaiah Bartlett in That Which Should Not Be [CoC]
Ingrid Esthof in The Horror at Briarsgate [1e]
Jónas Gillman in The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh [1e]

I N A C T I V E : (
Ballar Uh in Dungeonesque [LL/AEC]
Favrick in The Rise of Smaug [BW]

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Grognardsw »

They reach the door and knock.

The story continues in The Language at the Threshold, viewtopic.php?f=168&t=3908

Return to “That Which Should Not Be (Call of Cthulhu)”