OOC / Questions?

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC / Questions?

#741 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:Sorry... forgot my taunting... and I think we need actions from Derek and Jeloon, unless there isn't anything for them to do at this point...

"Oh, ho!" pips Till, as he hops off the stairs, backing up to the far wall and pointing his glowing sword. "What have we here? The portly moo moo mother of all those nasty spiders we squished earlier! I wonder... can you understand me? Are you one of those smart spiders what knows when they're about to die? Care to taste the sting of my steel?"
You didn't want to go with "attercrop, attercrop!" :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#742 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:
Alethan wrote:Sorry... forgot my taunting... and I think we need actions from Derek and Jeloon, unless there isn't anything for them to do at this point...

"Oh, ho!" pips Till, as he hops off the stairs, backing up to the far wall and pointing his glowing sword. "What have we here? The portly moo moo mother of all those nasty spiders we squished earlier! I wonder... can you understand me? Are you one of those smart spiders what knows when they're about to die? Care to taste the sting of my steel?"
You didn't want to go with "attercrop, attercrop!" :)
I could make a slight modification as a Tolkien-esque nod... (never did like "attercrop", though)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#743 Post by rredmond »

Sorry all. Had an autism training in NYC that killed the beginning of my week. Then of course backed me up at work. Then came back to (well was dealing with while I was in NY too) having to fire someone and justify my job's existence. Also my boss is in a foul mood... someone who normally is in a yelling mood. :) I'll catch everyone up between today and tomorrow.
And we need a new Phanstern in the Slavers game it seems! Any suggestions? :)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#744 Post by Alethan »

Loooooooooootz

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#745 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:Sorry all. Had an autism training in NYC that killed the beginning of my week. Then of course backed me up at work. Then came back to (well was dealing with while I was in NY too) having to fire someone and justify my job's existence. Also my boss is in a foul mood... someone who normally is in a yelling mood. :) I'll catch everyone up between today and tomorrow.
No worries, Ron! 8-)

May your work situation smooth out a bit in the interim, good sir!

rredmond wrote:And we need a new Phanstern in the Slavers game it seems! Any suggestions? :)
Hmmm. Seems like we had someone inquiring the other day about an open game slot in the Looking for Players or Games forum. My FtF gaming buddy that was on the fence just landed a huge contract, so he's likely out as a possible.

If nothing pops, Ron, let us know if us apprentice recruiters can be of any help to the master! ;)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#746 Post by Alethan »

Hey... Migellito? Vokarius? Don't leave a brother (or... some dead brothers and a dwarf) hangin' here!

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#747 Post by migellito »

I just assumed we would all proceed on up the stairs, as we had been doing before the spiders interrupted us. Sorry I didn't voice that :)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#748 Post by Argennian »

Al: Did Till ever make it up to see the top of the tower?

If not, let's do so and give this tower a complete search-over! I, too, like migellito's idea of using the tower to hold up in, granted we can get everyone inside.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#749 Post by rredmond »

Argennian wrote:Al: Did Till ever make it up to see the top of the tower?

If not, let's do so and give this tower a complete search-over! I, too, like migellito's idea of using the tower to hold up in, granted we can get everyone inside.
Sorry if it wasn't clear, but yes, Till went up to the top of the tower where the spiders laired.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#750 Post by rredmond »

ToniXX wrote:...
What's the rule with found scrolls that contain high-level spells? Can Bruard use them? Or can he only use them once he's the appropriate level?
Nope that's the beauty of scrolls. You can go right ahead and use them no matter what.
What stinks is on the MU side, they would want to write the spells into their spell book, but that needs time and doing. But if they write a spell they can't use into their spell book then they have to wait to be powerful enough to use it. Or they can use it off the scroll and not have the opportunity to put it in their spell book. Tough call.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#751 Post by Alethan »

Alethan wrote: OOC: Here's a thought - completely off the top of my head, mind you - we could cast the spell on a short stick that fits into one of the scroll cases. THEN, we place the stick into the scroll case. We attach the lid of the scroll case securely to the case so as to not lose it. When we want light, we just take off the lid and shine it like a MagLite. No light? Put the cap back on. What do you think? 8-) I just came up with that.
For the record, that's totally not my idea. See this. And this.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#752 Post by Argennian »

rredmond wrote:
ToniXX wrote:...
What's the rule with found scrolls that contain high-level spells? Can Bruard use them? Or can he only use them once he's the appropriate level?
Nope that's the beauty of scrolls. You can go right ahead and use them no matter what.
What stinks is on the MU side, they would want to write the spells into their spell book, but that needs time and doing. But if they write a spell they can't use into their spell book then they have to wait to be powerful enough to use it. Or they can use it off the scroll and not have the opportunity to put it in their spell book. Tough call.

Oh snap, don't know how I missed this here! :shock:

I also responded to this query in the Action thread but should've checked over here first. (Sorry for that, Ron!) :oops:

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#753 Post by rredmond »

My daughter’s surgery went well! We were able to take her home yesterday. It was two and a half, seemed like days, hours in surgery, one and a half hours in recovery, and home. There was a chance she’d have to stay overnight, especially after they found the infection behind the tumors in her ear, but she’s a trooper. I promised her we’d sling some dice this week or weekend.

Thank you all for your patience! I’m back at work, but I’m going to try and update my games now.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#754 Post by Argennian »

Ron,

That is absolutely wondeful news and so relieved to hear that! Cheers on you & your little trooper, man!

May she roll-play the DM into the ditch!! :P

Cheers,

Mitch

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#755 Post by rredmond »

Thanks Mitch!
She's a Grognard when she plays too. I once tried to introduce a kiddie rpg, but it had ascending AC - oofa did I get in trouble. She's cottoned to OSRIC but prefers I use the 3 Core first edition rulebooks. Its funny because I've caught her sneaking and taking notes from the Monster Manual on more than one occasion. I'm a proud papa!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#756 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote: Yosef finishes his examination of the scroll. "Curious. Curious indeed..." He eventually looks up to the others. "It is most definitely a mage scroll. The spell contained upon it, however, is strangely unique and one I have not seen before. It appears that the vocal component is: Iron Blood. I see both a needle and a pinch of iron dust being used as the material components. I might be wrong but I do believe that the spell can increase one's ability to take damage. I could cast it on myself or another by touch. Unfortunetly, I admit the actual specifics of the spell won't be known until I can cast it. Had I magical ink and the proper pen, I would scribe the spell into my spell book. Since I do not, I cannot. Still, it is a valuable find, friends, and could be used at a time when one of us might need it!"

The elf will be sure to look amongst the parties possessions to attain the components needed to cast the spell from memory, but knows without magical ink and pen, it must remain to be read off as a spell scroll.
What level is this spell considered? Or is that information not known to Yosef?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#757 Post by Alethan »

Just a quick update of the scrolls our party currently has. I know my characters tend to forget they have scrolls if I'm not reminded every now and again...

20. Scroll (Clerical Spells): Snake Charm (2), Locate Object (3), Neutralize Poison (4)(Currently possessed by Bruard)
22. Scroll (Magic User Spell): Iron Blood (?)(Currently possessed by Yosef)
23. Scroll (Clerical Spells): Neutralize Poison (4), Plane Shift (5)(Currently possessed by Bruard)
27. Scroll (Magic User Spells): Slow (3), Teleport (5), Antipathy/Sympathy (8) (Currently possessed by Yosef)
28. Scroll (Clerical Spells): Continual Light (3), Exercise (4), Restoration (7) (Currently possessed by Bruard)

Here is a quick list of magical treasure distribution thus far:
Till: Short Sword +1, Dagger +?
Jeloon: Long Sword +1
Yosef: Potion of Healing, Handy Haversack, Scroll (Ironblood), Scroll (Slow, Teleport, Antipathy/Sympanthy)
Bruard: Shield +1, Helm of Infravision/True Sight, Scroll (Snake Charm, Locate Object, Neutralize Poison), Scroll (Neutralize Poison, Plane Shift), Scroll (Continual Light, Exercise, Restoration)
Derek:

Other magical items that were passed on by PCs:
Battle Axe +1 (Eyman)
Spear +1/+3 vs. Undead (Van)

It looks like Derek has first dibs on the next magical items available. Jeloon is after that. If the shield ends up being magical, is that something Derek would want? (Jeloon already has a magical shield, so if Derek doesn't want it, then it would go to one of the hirelings.)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#758 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:... What level is this spell considered? Or is that information not known to Yosef?
IC ~ Yosef did try to deduce that, but at present, still unknown.

OOC ~ Haven't looked in the magic-user spell section but perhaps this could be a unique OSRIC spell put into the module? :P

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#759 Post by Alethan »

Sounds like a new one to me.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#760 Post by rredmond »

It's going to take me a bit to figure out where we are... sorry. But I think it's safe to say that Bruard can cast those CLW spells. I hope to update the game real soon.

--Ron--

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”