Action Thread 11

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 11

#81 Post by rredmond »

Yup an initiative, and Till was only 6 or 7 feet up, Jeloon just got on the stairs and is maybe half a foot or more up.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#82 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:Yup an initiative, and Till was only 6 or 7 feet up, Jeloon just got on the stairs and is maybe half a foot or more up.
Then that's what Till does for this round, even if it means forgoing his attack. He'd rather try to draw it down to a more open fighting area (as open as it can be, on the ground floor of a small round tower with one double doorway and a set of stairs spiraling up the side).

He will, of course, taunt the spider as he hops off the stairs, hoping to draw it with him. So, I guess he hops down without turning his back to the spider, while cursing and swinging his sword at it to try and keep its attention.

(Let me know if you need any rolls, Mr. GM.)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#83 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard raises his shield and tightens his grip on his mace. He moves a step closer, ready to attack!

I'm going to attack now, just in case it's appropriate

Mace (sm/m) damage [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5, thaco18-[1d20] = 16 hits AC2
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#84 Post by Alethan »

Sorry... forgot my taunting... and I think we need actions from Derek and Jeloon, unless there isn't anything for them to do at this point...

"Oh, ho!" pips Till, as he hops off the stairs, backing up to the far wall and pointing his glowing sword. "What have we here? The Lazy Lob of all those nasty spiders we squished earlier! I wonder... can you understand me? Are you one of those smart spiders what knows when they're about to die? Care to taste the sting of my steel, Crazy Cob?"

EDIT: Modified taunt with Tolkienesque flair.

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#85 Post by migellito »

Jeloon slowly backs up so that it will have to get off the stairs to reach her.

Magic Longsword Attack: [1d8+3] = 1+3 = 4 damage | [1d20+1] = 7+1 = 8 from thaco16 = AC 8

If Till's jumping off the stair lets her take a second attack..

Magic Longsword Attack: [1d8+3] = 6+3 = 9 damage | [1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9 from thaco16 = AC 7

Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#86 Post by Vokarius »

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#87 Post by Alethan »

Vokarius wrote:Always with the spiders

[1d20+2] = 12+2 = 14
and
[1d20+2] = 13+2 = 15

Damage
[1d8+4] = 7+4 = 11
and
[1d8+4] = 8+4 = 12
Not for long, with rolls like those!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – 1:27p
Round 1

Before the spider is able to do anything Yosef’s arrow strikes home and is sticking out of the spider’s abdomen.

The spider stays on the steps and makes for Jeloon. Derek steps up next to her and they both attack together with long swords. Jeloon is thrown off balance by the ferocity of this new spider’s attack causing her to miss her first attack. Derek gets in a fantastic blow though, slowing the spider a step with the damage. But the spider, initiative [1d6] = 4, is still able to attack. Though Derek’s damage throws off it’s first attack causing [1d20] = 4 the spider to miss Jeloon with its attack.

Bruard is able to sneak in, in between Jeloon and Derek and connect with his mace. Hurting the spider even more, it’s not looking well at all at this point. Then after Jeloon is unable to connect, Derek finishes off the spider with a thrust and a crunch of exoskeleton.

Unfortunately, while the others are engaged, Yosef and Till notice the opening go dark again, as what looks like the dead spider’s twin comes barreling out and down the steps.

Upcoming is round two, it’s a single attack round for everyone. We'll need a new initiative roll. It looks like Till got pushed a bit north, and further into the tower when Bruard muscled his way in. Derek, Bruard and Jeloon are perfectly situated to meet anything coming down the stairs.

HPs: Jeloon - 22/29; Till - 33/36; Yosef - 9/10; Bruard - 15/19; Derek - 32/40
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon & Derek; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-0/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-4/5, 2-4/4
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Argennian »

"Another above!" cries Yosef as he lifts his bow and lets fly with another arrow.

To Hit: shortbow vs 2nd giant spider:
[1d20+2] = 19+2 = 21

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=4779

Arrow damage vs sm/med creatures:
[1d6] = 5

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=4780

To Hit: shortbow vs 2nd giant spider (2nd shot):
[1d20+2] = 5+2 = 7

http://www.unseenservant.com/Default.as ... ne&id=4782

(won't bother rolling damage for this one)

Edit: add 2nd arrow attack
Last edited by Argennian on Tue May 22, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#90 Post by Alethan »

Initiative [1d6] = 4

Till sees he cannot get in with his short sword with the three taller party members surrounding the stairs, so he stands back, ready to leap in and help out should one of his party members fall...

"Watch out for it's bite! Looks like it could be a nasty one..." he calls out to the others.

Vokarius
Tracker
Tracker

#91 Post by Vokarius »

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#92 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard swings at the new opponent with his mace:

Mace (sm/m) damage [1d6+1] = 1+1 = 2, thaco18-[1d20] = 14 hits AC 4

Ugh!
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

migellito
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#93 Post by migellito »

Jeloon waits for the spider to come down the stairs, then drives in with her blade!

Magic Longsword Attack: [1d8+3] = 7+3 = 10 damage | [1d20+1] = 20+1 = 21 from thaco16 = AC negative 5

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – 1:28p
Round 2

Before the spider is able to do anything Yosef’s arrow strikes home and seems to slow it down as the cleric and fighters get in attacks before it can.

Though Derek is unable to connect, the cleric and half-orc capitalize on the advantage that the elf had given them. As the spider gets down the stairs, it is bashed to unmoving pieces.

There doesn't seem to be any other movement coming from above.

Blimey guys. Bruard as war-cleric! Right now there are no spiders attacking or coming that you can tell.

WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Derek: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow [or long sword]; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Jeloon & Derek; 2- Till; 3- Bruard & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 5- Yosef & Van
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#95 Post by Alethan »

Then, while being covered with (at this point, I assume several...) bows, Till resumes his check of traps while climbing the stairs. He'll use the same methods as described earlier.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – 1:30p

Lootz. :D

Till is able to quickly climb to the top of the tower with multiple arrow cover. There he finds numerous husks hanging from the upper ceiling of the tower. There's a bunch of large animals and what looks like two human sized bundles and a dwarven one.

Who's checking the webbings and how?

[/quote]

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#97 Post by Alethan »

Till first makes a thorough visual search to make sure no other spiders are lurking about. He also looks for anything that might be egg sacs (assuming the pair of spiders were, in fact, mates), as he has no desire to be surprised by any more spiders. These should be destroyed before any looting takes place.

Once he is satisfied the tower is safe, he will whistle for the others to come up.

"If one of you larger types would be so kind as to cut these packages down, we can see if our spider friends caught anything interesting..."

Noting the dwarven-sized bundle, Till adds, "Bloody hell happy I'm not a dwarf! They seem to have ill luck in these parts..."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by rredmond »

Day 15 – 1:40p

Everything appears safe. Everyone hears Till's whistle.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Argennian »

Bow still to hand and an arrow nocked, Yosef moves up the stairs behind Till to a point where he can best cover the halfling and his other companions.

Alethan wrote:Till first makes a thorough visual search to make sure no other spiders are lurking about. He also looks for anything that might be egg sacs (assuming the pair of spiders were, in fact, mates), as he has no desire to be surprised by any more spiders. These should be destroyed before any looting takes place.

Once he is satisfied the tower is safe, he will whistle for the others to come up.

"If one of you larger types would be so kind as to cut these packages down, we can see if our spider friends caught anything interesting..."
Yosef will make way for the larger types to proceed up to Till's position, if needed.

Alethan wrote:Noting the dwarven-sized bundle, Till adds, "Bloody hell happy I'm not a dwarf! They seem to have ill luck in these parts..."
Yosef, his adrenaline now beginning to drop down out a bit since no other spiders have appeared, lets a smirky smile slip past his usually-emotionless visage. "Indeed. Wonder if they might be compatriots of our... dear fallen friend, Wergrim?"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#100 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote: Yosef, his adrenaline now beginning to drop down out a bit since no other spiders have appeared, lets a smirky smile slip past his usually-emotionless visage. "Indeed. Wonder if they might be compatriots of our... dear fallen friend, Wergrim?"
Till shrugs,"Or maybe they're just really tasty! Having never tried dwarf before, myself, I'm not the one to ask." He glances down the stairwell at the spider bodies. "And they're both dead, not that we gave them much time to talk (if they could)."

He ponders for a few seconds...

"If these dwarfs all were a part of Wergrim's crew, then we lucked out! Another three dwarfs in their party and we might not have come out of that fight ahead! I'll have to thank the next spider I see... and, gods, may that be a long time from now!", he adds.

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”