It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:12 am 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:14 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Stockholm
Thanks GW. The image code has to come first in the description, otherwise it won't work. That's what puzzled me at first. Now Thorelf's character sheet has his picture on it :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:42 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 am
Posts: 1394
Location: Behind the screen.
Thorelf places himself closer to Ox, who is currently searching the wall section at L1, (while hatching plans to go outside).
Ox definitely works out that there is no secret door on the L1 wall. Norbold rolls his eyes at all this, sneeringly commenting "ooooooh, hoping for a reward, are you?" - then suddenly holds a piece of his lunch to the flame of Thorelf's torch. It looks like his old Ansgar's Autopathy is resurfacing again....

Korin has seen it all happen before, so after fortifying himself with some good dwarven grub, he leaves the mouldy antechamber, goes through the narrow, slightly downward-sloping entrance tunnel and exits the mound. He walks 40' eastwards along the bank and plonks himself outside the next unexplored opening in the mound, standing by for the others, who are all still inside the antechamber - although Ox has now also begun walking towards the exit, with Thorelf in tow.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:04 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17784
Location: Central Vermont
Korin "Thorelf might wanna tie yer horse up were we left ours." the dwarf points off where they hid & tied off their horses.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Seven Human - Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon
Tomlin Ballynn Half-Elf Ranger - Into the Unknown (1ed/2ed)


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:05 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:14 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Stockholm
Thorelf ties up his horse among the other horses and joins up with the rest of the gang outside opening three, stick in one hand, lit torch in the other.

"Boys... *looks at his team members one by one* let's do this."

With that he moves towards the entrance and tries to get a look at the inside.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:49 am
Posts: 3388
Phoenix follows along behind the others, pom-poms at the ready

_________________
Saracen Solaris - 2nd/3rd level half-orc fighter/cleric of Pholtus, Lord of Light. Big Shiny Island
Tempus Werefoot - 4th level Halfling Druid Lone City in the Wildland
Jamal Al Asir - 4th level hairfoot halfling Sha'ir Al-qadim 12+1 adventures
Phoenix the Chromatic - 1st level gnome illusionist Minn's Mound adventure
Storm Briarfoot - 1st level Halfling Druid Aspirant Big Shiny Island


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:43 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17784
Location: Central Vermont
Korin "Guess yah can lead tha way then Thorelf. Dun matter ta me I could take a break from bein leader." the dwarf laughs and elbow nudges Thorelf. Taking up the second position in marching into the next entry.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Seven Human - Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon
Tomlin Ballynn Half-Elf Ranger - Into the Unknown (1ed/2ed)


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:16 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 am
Posts: 1394
Location: Behind the screen.
Quote:
Korin"Thorelf might wanna tie yer horse up were we left ours." the dwarf points off where they hid & tied off their horses.
no-one can see any horses at the place on the other side of the river towards which Korin is pointing. But that area is, after all, quite overgrown with many trees, which may explain why the horses aren't visible from this side of the river.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:45 am 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:14 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Stockholm
Thorelf asks Korin to lead him and his horse to the spot where the other horses are tied, before entering the next entrance. If they find the horses, Thorelf ties his horse among the others and returns to the next entrance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:52 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17784
Location: Central Vermont
Nordbo wrote:
Quote:
Korin"Thorelf might wanna tie yer horse up were we left ours." the dwarf points off where they hid & tied off their horses.
no-one can see any horses at the place on the other side of the river towards which Korin is pointing. But that area is, after all, quite overgrown with many trees, which may explain why the horses aren't visible from this side of the river.

just to clarify Korin was just pointing in a general direction not pointing directly at horses that were visible, after all that is the point they are well hidden/concealed. ;)

Korin nods and takes Thorelf to the spot they hid their horses.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Seven Human - Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon
Tomlin Ballynn Half-Elf Ranger - Into the Unknown (1ed/2ed)


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:16 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 am
Posts: 1394
Location: Behind the screen.
Korin leads Thorelf and his horse into the water and they start heading for the other side. After a few steps, they notice that the river is flowing too strongly - it will be difficult to cross to the other side unaided, without getting swept away. Crossing would best be done using a rope, some raft etc - much like the stuff used for coming over the day before.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:46 am 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:14 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Stockholm
"Oh, you tied your horses over on the other side? I came that way." Thorelf points in another direction, away from the river. "Maybe I'll just tie my horse on this side anyway."

If Korin accepts, Thorelf takes his horse back to the openings and ties it just outside, then heads for the next entrance again, stick in one hand, torch in another.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:23 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17784
Location: Central Vermont
Korin nods "Works fer me."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Seven Human - Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon
Tomlin Ballynn Half-Elf Ranger - Into the Unknown (1ed/2ed)


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:32 am 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:14 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Stockholm
Thorelf joins up with the rest of the gang outside opening three, stick in one hand, lit torch in the other.

"Let's go."

With that he moves towards the entrance and tries to get a look at the inside.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:15 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17784
Location: Central Vermont
Korin rejoins the other 3 with Thorelf then heads in behind Thorelf to the 3rd entry in the mound.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Seven Human - Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon
Tomlin Ballynn Half-Elf Ranger - Into the Unknown (1ed/2ed)


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:29 am 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:14 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Stockholm
Updated map.


Attachments:
File comment: Updated map.
Minns mound map 2.png
Minns mound map 2.png [ 58.39 KiB | Viewed 114 times ]
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:54 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:32 am
Posts: 3061
Norbold Ernessaeia (Sylvanian Elf Cleric): Scale Mail AC 6 : Hit Points 6 / 6:

After having a bite to eat Norbold, isn't feeling so lightheaded and nervous about the symboled floor corridor, now that they are not messing with it currently.

_________________
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:43 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 am
Posts: 1394
Location: Behind the screen.
From all the post-lunch posted actions, I make it out that Korin and Thorelf, with Phoenix immediately behind, have moved up to a point outside the next opening to the west (the 'third' opening), ready to enter, while Ox and Norbold are still inside, in the mold-covered antechamber.

Just a recap for your info, there is a 12' long, 5' narrow north-south passage between entrance 2 and the antechamber, meaning: the antechamber does not open directly onto the river bank. Not ultra-critical, just in case you want to note this on the map.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:00 pm 
Offline
Scout
Scout
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:14 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Stockholm
Thorelf moves into the opening until he can se more than is visible from the outside.

"Ox, Norbold, are you coming along? There's a treasure to be found!"

Clarification for game flow purposes: Thorelf moves into the opening as per above regardless of how many team members are behind him :)


Last edited by sastaz on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:29 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:32 am
Posts: 3061
Norbold Ernessaeia (Sylvanian Elf Cleric): Scale Mail AC 6 : Hit Points 6 / 6:

Norbold says, "Yes, Yes, I'm coming, I'm coming."

_________________
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:51 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17784
Location: Central Vermont
Korin waves Ox and Norbold on "Well get yer arses movin then."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Seven Human - Anything Goes: Vol. 1 (beta run)
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon
Tomlin Ballynn Half-Elf Ranger - Into the Unknown (1ed/2ed)


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group