It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Chapter 03: Minn's Mound
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:25 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 am
Posts: 1258
Location: Behind the screen.
The tightly knit unit of adventurers takes turns in keeping watch through the clammy knight, while experiencing odd dreams from digesting the exotic results of Phoenix' culinary field improvisation.

Just as dawn breaks, the person then on watch hears a scurrying sound, followed by a soft splash. The sound seems to have come from the opposite river bank, somewhere near one of the openings.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:30 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:49 am
Posts: 2964
The gnome continues to sleep the sleep of the blissfully ignorant

_________________
Saracen Solaris - 1st/1st level half-orc fighter/cleric of Pholtus, Lord of Light. Big Shiny Island
Tempus Werefoot - 3rd level Halfling Druid Lone City in the Wildland
Jamal Al Asir - 2nd level hairfoot halfling Sha'ir Al-qadim 12+1 adventures
Phoenix the Chromatic - 1st level gnome illusionist Minn's Mound adventure


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:48 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16478
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Korin tries to sneak over to see what is splashing around. move silently attempt
Move Silently 21% [1d100] = 72
:x

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Drake (Drago) Montillo Human Mage - Castle Amber
Florin Human Fighter - Crypts & Things Lost City
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:53 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 3624
Location: Michigan
Ox continues to sleep

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:11 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 am
Posts: 1258
Location: Behind the screen.
Korin's high, hard boots are anything but silent; the thorny undergrowth snaps and crackles as he sneaks down to the edge of the gloomy waterway, leaving behind him a whirl of broken twigs and flying leaves.
Whatever was there on the other side, can now not be seen when Korin scans the long stretch of the opposite bank. The only thing he can make out in the fuzzy light of dawn, are what might be vague slithering tracks or footprints possibly stemming from one of the rightmost openings, and leading down to the water's edge.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:10 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16478
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Korin tries like heck to blend into the early morning shadows and silently walk back to camp.
Hide in Shadows 15% [1d100] = 36
Move Silently 21% [1d100] = 74
honestly why the heck do i bother...

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Drake (Drago) Montillo Human Mage - Castle Amber
Florin Human Fighter - Crypts & Things Lost City
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:06 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 am
Posts: 1258
Location: Behind the screen.
Dawn breaks into early morning. The sun reluctantly starts moving, once again, over this damp, dense land, reflecting itself in the miry river, like a broad shield of dirty bronze.
The adventurers gradually come to as Korin stomps back through the thicket, having been down to inspect the sounds from the opposite river bank.

The mound's four openings seem undisturbed, looking much like they did last night - but there are definitely tracks of something in the muddy white sand on the right side of the bank across the river.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:06 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:49 am
Posts: 2964
Phoenix awakens, does his ablutions and breaks his fast, listening to Korins explanation of events. The gnome will hoik up his robes and wander down to observe the tracks left, looking to see if they are booted or paws or clawed, and if they are gnome sized or human sized or bigger, two feet or four or more etc.

"It seems we have been discovered by something that lives near or in the mound. Perhaps it would behiove us to move from here as soon as possible, and try and cover our tracks with some brush sweeping. What's the plan for exploring the for openings my good fellows?"

_________________
Saracen Solaris - 1st/1st level half-orc fighter/cleric of Pholtus, Lord of Light. Big Shiny Island
Tempus Werefoot - 3rd level Halfling Druid Lone City in the Wildland
Jamal Al Asir - 2nd level hairfoot halfling Sha'ir Al-qadim 12+1 adventures
Phoenix the Chromatic - 1st level gnome illusionist Minn's Mound adventure


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:56 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16478
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Korin "I hate to ask it but s'pose someone could give me some healin? I still aint at full strength since them snakes."

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Drake (Drago) Montillo Human Mage - Castle Amber
Florin Human Fighter - Crypts & Things Lost City
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:40 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 3624
Location: Michigan
Ox- Does not move towards the bank of the river if they have onlookers it is best not them no there total numbers. I agree Pheonix it is best we move quickly out of this area. Let us find a place downriver to cross.

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:08 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 am
Posts: 1258
Location: Behind the screen.
As morning breaks, the group comes to with jittery nerves. Although there is no imminent threat, no sign of life or any hostilities, everyone seems on edge, eager to leave ASAP. Perhaps the fear of those muddy snakes still lingers...or is it indigestion from Phoenix' stew ?
Whichever the case, Ox' earlier scoutings last evening seemed to indicate that the river might be slightly easier to cross downstream, if open area is desired, or easier to cross upstream if one wanted a narrower passage, access to trees to fell etc. Unless some way to cross right here was thought up by anyone...

Korin is extremely strong, and owns 50' of rope, and 2 waterskins.
Ox also owns 50' of rope, has a bow & arrows, and has the spell "Feather Fall" in his spell book.
Norbold, too, owns a bow & arrows.
And Phoenix has his sling + a waterskin.

Just some thoughts, for potential application. As always, creative/imaginative use of items and skills might bring you benefits. It in any case, it won't hurt! :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:46 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:32 am
Posts: 2982
Norbold Ernessaeia (Sylvanian Elf Cleric): Scale Mail AC 6 : Hit Points 6 / 6:

Norbold says, "We should cross the river upstream, it's more out of sight of the Mound. We could attach some rope to arrows and fire them into the nearest heavy tree or logs across the river and use them to guide us across, the last one over can then tie the rope to himself and we can pull him across."

_________________
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:03 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16478
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Korin "That er we could just build a little raft i guess with all tha rope we got. Then again a rope bridge er uh well I aint much on thinkin out plans just fightin, drinkin and stealin."

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Drake (Drago) Montillo Human Mage - Castle Amber
Florin Human Fighter - Crypts & Things Lost City
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:59 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:32 am
Posts: 2982
Norbold Ernessaeia (Sylvanian Elf Cleric): Scale Mail AC 6 : Hit Points 6 / 6:

After Korin mentions a raft this is what Norold pictures:

Raft at bottom right of image:
Image

Then says, Perhaps we could some how find a log long enough to go across the water and use that as a guide across.

Image

_________________
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:39 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 3624
Location: Michigan
Ox- Let us be quick then. A raft would best. I can fire a arrow with rope attached into a large tree on the otherside. And pull ourselves across on the raft.

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:30 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:49 am
Posts: 2964
Phoenix listens to the others intently. Finally he speaks, "Is it really that deep and strong where we plan to cross? We could pick a shallow part where we can see the streambed and one of us couodnwade across witha rope tied to our waist, incase of unforeseen trouble, and the other three could hold on. Once across the wafer could tie it to a sturdy tree and the rest could cross. It would be quicker no?"

_________________
Saracen Solaris - 1st/1st level half-orc fighter/cleric of Pholtus, Lord of Light. Big Shiny Island
Tempus Werefoot - 3rd level Halfling Druid Lone City in the Wildland
Jamal Al Asir - 2nd level hairfoot halfling Sha'ir Al-qadim 12+1 adventures
Phoenix the Chromatic - 1st level gnome illusionist Minn's Mound adventure


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:16 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16478
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Korin "Aye a tree or rope would be faster than cuttin down trees ta make a raft."

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Drake (Drago) Montillo Human Mage - Castle Amber
Florin Human Fighter - Crypts & Things Lost City
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:51 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 am
Posts: 1258
Location: Behind the screen.
That's the spirit. Excellent, guys! :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:59 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 3624
Location: Michigan
Ox- I shall wade across, but you pull me back if there is trouble.

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:39 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 am
Posts: 1258
Location: Behind the screen.
Please roll d100 for Ox.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group