[OOC] Space Comms

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

[OOC] Space Comms

#1 Post by Leitz »

Post any OOC conversations and questions here.

Campaign ID 786

Right now the ship looks to be 1000 dT, with three shifts of twelve. Pick your spot; players can debate on who goes where. The three bridge positions, Pilot, Navigator, and Sensor/Computer Ops, need at least an actual Skill-1 in that role. Everything else requires either a Skill-0 or a good fast talk. :)
  • 4 Gunners, whether the guns work or not.
  • 3 Engineers, whether the jump drive works or not.
  • 2 Marines who provide security and qana to the bridge staff.
  • 1 Pilot
  • 1 Navigator
  • 1 Sensor/Computer Ops
NPCs will be in place, and how you treat them will affect how they treat you. Allies are good, and can change the PC's life. Ask atpollard. There may come a time when the PCs need to be able to operate the ship. Just sayin'...

On Dice Rolls You can use the Dice Roller here, or you can physically roll dice and report the numbers. We're all adults, whether or not we act like it. I'll trust you.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [OOC] Space Comms

#2 Post by Leitz »

Everyone should have a private forum. Please try to post in your private forum. This is my first time DM'ing here, so let me know if there are issues.

dragoner
Scout
Scout

#3 Post by dragoner »

Dibs on pilot if I can. Still working up my character's backstory.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by ffilz »

dragoner wrote:Dibs on pilot if I can. Still working up my character's backstory.
Ok, I'm in. I will be rolling a (mostly) random character (I like doing that). If I somehow wind up with Pilot, I'll pick something else (maybe with the provision I might keep Pilot-1 if you wind up with Pilot-2 or better).
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Leitz »

ffilz wrote:
dragoner wrote:Dibs on pilot if I can. Still working up my character's backstory.
Ok, I'm in. I will be rolling a (mostly) random character (I like doing that). If I somehow wind up with Pilot, I'll pick something else (maybe with the provision I might keep Pilot-1 if you wind up with Pilot-2 or better).
I'm happy to let the PCs be the cream of the crop on this ship. Being occasionally sober and having a clue puts you in the top 10%. :)

Cross-training is actually a great idea. I have been known to send ortillary after unarmored civilians...

dragoner
Scout
Scout

#6 Post by dragoner »

ffilz wrote:
I have someone with Pilot 1, I'm angling for more, depends on Leitz. I rolled 100% by the book (MgT1), except by chargen house-rules there is leeway.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Stirling »

Hi guys. I am going to use the character rolled for the defunct space rats and thus adventure as barbarian seafarer turned scout and press ganged marine, Tiberius.

will edited with briefer character info shortly. Sheet contained in private forum.
Last edited by Stirling on Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by The Bindoner »

I'll run a chargen engine and see what I get.

Probably some Terry Thomas cad with an eye on a smart uniform and no heavy lifting. Sensors or Navigation.

I'll probably use MgT1, for the Level 0 skills.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Character Sheets

#9 Post by Leitz »

Please keep them simple, I'm a simple minded guy. Paragraph format, skill in alphabetic order. For example, here's my character from another game:

Diana Hayes [F] 59976C 3 Terms "Underworld (Other)"
Gambling-1, Mechanical (locksmith)-1, Pistol Combat-3, Streetwise-1, Blade Combat-0, Brawling-0, Bribery-0, Forgery-0, Mechanical (cloth)-0, Mechanical (metal)-0, Mechanical (stone)-0, Mechanical (wood)-0, Rifle Combat-0, Vehicle (Rowboat)-0
Cr 120,000, Cr 6,000 initial gear (Clothes, guns, Share of estate being managed by her brother James)

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Leitz »

People rolling up characters are coming out with ~3 skills per term. I'm okay with that, so if you pick your skills, keep that in mind.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by The Bindoner »

First pass:

Lt. Leslie "Homewrecker" Philips

568799 2 Terms Navy

Computer 0, Carouse 0, Gun Cbt (Pistols) 0, Gunner 0, Mechanic 0, Pilot (Small Craft) 0, Vac Suit 0, Zero-G 0
Astrogation 1, Diplomacy 1, Leadership 1, Melee (Blade) 1
Admin 2

Tall and thin with floppy fair hair and a neatly trimmed mustache, immaculately dressed in a tailored uniform.

A respectable family and an expensive education have not stopped this officer being a terrific bounder. Family connections got him a post in Navy to keep him away from polite society ( Too many ladies with tarnished reputations and men induced to invest in dubious schemes ).

His main interest in the Service is a smart uniform and a quiet job behind a console, with plenty of spare time to work any angles ( or curves ) that present themselves.

A careful study of Navy regulations has allowed him to avoid many troubles, and stow away a few useful loopholes for later use.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Leitz »

Things are looking good!

As you work up your character, here are some notes and changes:
  • Do you want them to be a "leader" type? If so, they will find opportunities to lead.
  • Are they from Birach, the Atrean Conglomerate, or the Star Confederation?
  • How long have they been aboard: a couple months, or just got sentenced/whatever? Few people stay too long, if they can avoid it.
  • If you received a ship or a lot of money, let's (mostly you) figure out why it can't just buy you off the ship.
  • If you roll TAS, pick or re-roll, there is no TAS.
  • Add "Service Skills". That is, if you were two terms in the Army and one term as a Merchant, you have Army-2, Merchant-1. This covers those small things you learn in the service.

dragoner
Scout
Scout

#13 Post by dragoner »

Maybe my guy Alexei is the one getting three skills per term? He also has 5 terms that might have something to do with it.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Leitz »

dragoner wrote:Maybe my guy Alexei is the one getting three skills per term? He also has 5 terms that might have something to do with it.
To be honest, the characters seem fine so far. I'm not overly worried.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Leitz »

Stirling found an issue I missed; the definition of Navigation changes between CT and CE/MgT. Here's how I see it, feel free to discuss or adjust.

Navigation in CT is what Astrogation is in MgT/CE. For this game, I'd recommend Navigation; the ability plot a course between multiple bodies of mass moving at various velocities in multiple dimensions. It also covers the jump plotting.

Survival(whatever) covers the ability to find your way in normal terrain. You don't need it as a skill for types of places you are from.

Any issues or concerns?

dragoner
Scout
Scout

#16 Post by dragoner »

Alex doesn't have much to spend, except equipment is a good question.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Leitz »

dragoner wrote:Alex doesn't have much to spend, except equipment is a good question.
Marines would have a uniform and lacar while on duty. FC Cochran does frequent inspections and the Marines look good. Otherwise whatever grungy clothes you have. The Engineering section has all needed tools for the ship. Well, they make do.

dragoner
Scout
Scout

#18 Post by dragoner »

Leitz wrote:
dragoner wrote:Alex doesn't have much to spend, except equipment is a good question.
Marines would have a uniform and lacar while on duty. FC Cochran does frequent inspections and the Marines look good. Otherwise whatever grungy clothes you have. The Engineering section has all needed tools for the ship. Well, they make do.
He's a pilot, what book for equipment?

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Leitz »

dragoner wrote:He's a pilot, what book for equipment?
Whatever you have. TL 10 max.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Stirling »

to a great character actor and now space pirate, Ding Dong!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=yo ... ORM=VDRVRV

Return to “Lucky's Number Seven (CT/CE/MgT(1st))”