News & Updates: Libram of the DM: Podcast

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

News & Updates: Libram of the DM: Podcast

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to mention that another DM and myself are starting up a D&D 2nd edition podcast. We've named it Libram of the DM currently we have a google+ community Libram of the DM & and email Libramofthedm@gmail.com we'll be happy to have as many listeners as we can or followers. We also are looking for any DM's that would like to be a guest on the podcast.

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions, we would be happy to try to accommodate everyone into the podcast, post any suggestions, comments, feedback or questions to email or post on the community page. I suppose you can even post on here as well.

we are starting the new podcast this week. I am looking forward to chatting with other DM's. Episode zero will be recorded Wednesday night 3/14/18. Episode 1 will also be recorded tonight 3/14/18, I figure it will be a quick episode talking mostly about our history in gaming and what we would like to do with the show. Depending on how many side tangents we take and how much editing will need to be done, we are hoping to have at least Episode 0 out by Friday 3/16/18.

For the most part we plan to talk about 2nd edition primarily from a DM standpoint as well as players standpoint. If you've listened to THACO's Hammer that is similar to the intention in this podcast as well. Sort of talk show like and we're even playing with the idea of making our own little "commercials" D&D themed of course to break up any of the pause breaks.

I'll post more once we have completed the first two episodes. Episode 0 is mostly an introduction to the podcast who we are and what we are aiming to do.

Thanks.

~Ed

Here is the introduction post from the host Michael Kelava.

Welcome to the start of what we hope is a long running podcast devoted to helping gamers and DMs in their quest for the best possible role playing experiences. This podcast will focus mostly on the 2nd edition version of the game, with references to other editions as well.

I have had some experience in quite a few different role playing games and different versions, and I like to think they all have their pros. We will never bash any editions or the supplements of any editions. Every edition has its flaws from some point of view, but we hope to only focus on the positives.

---------------------

There are quite a few good podcasts out there. I have been inspired by several of these podcasts to do my own, with the help of a few fellow Dungeon Masters. I take a lot of inspiration from one in particular. Thaco's Hammer. I have enjoyed all the episodes on the show and am always waiting anxiously for the next, new episode.

Once I caught up on all the podcasts I listened to, I was disappointed with how many were focused on the newer systems of a variety of RPGs, but only 2-3 focused on the editions of the game I prefer to play. o I was inspired to put out my own podcast in hopes that I can come close to the level of quality I hear in other podcasts.

Join us at the table. Everyone is welcome and I hope your gaming experiences are always fun and exciting.

The DMs with the Libram

The Discussion portion of the Community is for discussing things subject from the podcast or making suggestions for the podcast. The Questions for the Podcast section is for questions you would like to see us address inside the podcast itself.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
GreyWolfVT

Re: Libram of the DM: Podcast (Coming soon)

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Corrections we recorded "Episode 0" our introduction or "prologue" as we might call it and we well likely record episode 1 later this week. Episode 0 we will likely have posted on Friday. Depending on how long editing takes. Feel free to post and suggestions or ideas that you might have for us and we might be able to incorporate it into episode 1.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by rredmond »

Sounds like a great idea. I'm definitely going to take a listen!

--Ron--
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
GreyWolfVT

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Here is a link to our introduction podcast slightly over 7 minutes long.

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/libr ... 0_40-07_00

This is out link on podomatic http://libramofthedm.podomatic.com/

GreyWolfVT

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

episode 1 "Chapter 1" recording is up and ready for listening. Here is the link: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/libr ... 6_53-07_00

Questions/Comments & all forms of feedback can be posted in this forum, or on the google plus community or you can email us at libramofthedm@gmail.com or lastly you can post comments on podomatic http://libramofthedm.podomatic.com/.

GreyWolfVT

Re: Libram of the DM: Podcast

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

We're recording chapter 2 or rather episode 2 tonight around 8 pm the recording should be publicly posted possibly on Monday at the earliest. It might be live by Wednesday at the latest.

GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Updates: We recorded the chapter 2 episode Saturday night and it is being edited currently. We ended up putting way too much into the episode and it recorded a lot longer than our first one. So we will have some parts we recorded that are going to be cut out and used in other episodes as we go. We're still fairly new and were not sure how long some of the subjects would take to discuss while recording the "raw" recording was almost 2 hours long. Hopefully the podcast will be up before the end of this work week.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by rredmond »

Always better to have more methinks!
Congrats!!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.
GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well I was corrected by DM Mike we aren't cutting anything out but the recording will be over an hour even after editing. He had gotten to about the one hour mark and the edits at that point made it an hour and a half long episode. But there was still more to edit. So if anyone that is listening like Ron and Dave are just an fyi it is longer than our last recording.

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Alright folks here is Chapter 2 podcast: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/libr ... 5_17-07_00
Warning: It is about 86 minutes long.

Also now we are on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/6NdedKrVLRWOyabCrSYdNR

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

GreyWolfVT

Re: News & Updates: Libram of the DM: Podcast

#12 Post by GreyWolfVT »

As an update this Saturday 4/14/18 Mike, Saul and Myself recorded both Chapter 3 and Chapter 4 episodes we will release Chapter 3 this week and Chapter 4 next week. They should be shorter than Chapter 2 was but about the same length as Chapter 1's episode was roughly 50 min run time.

As always thanks for those that are following the podcast and listening.

GreyWolfVT

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sorry I meant to post that Chapter 3 was up last week & Chapter 4 was posted yesterday. Below are the podomatic links. You can also find these on iTunes, Spotify & Google Play.

Chapter 3: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/libr ... 6_52-07_00

Chapter 4: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/libr ... 2_24-07_00

Thanks again anyone listening or following us. :)

GreyWolfVT

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Update: We will be recording Chapter 5 and 6 this weekend. So expect the next episode posted up next week, and Chapter 6 to be posted up the following week.

Thank you to all that are following and listening to the podcast we appreciate it. :D

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#15 Post by ToniXX »

This is cool. I'm going to give it a listen. For what it's worth, I always feel that less is better. I can totally appreciate a podcast that is 30 minutes OR LESS.

*EDIT** you guys are hitting the mics pretty hard. Adjust your recording levels down just a bit. Just my 2 cents :)
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."
GreyWolfVT

#16 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Thanks Greg I'll pass the information along on our google + community page.

On another note we recorded both Chapter 5 & 6 over the weekend. Chapter 5 should be up sometime this week and I'll share the link. Next week we should post up Chapter 6 as well and I'll post that link once it is up.

Thanks for listening & following the podcast. :)

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Chapter 5 - Illusions is up!

Podomatic link: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/libr ... 9_29-07_00

We are available on Spotify, iTunes and Google Play. Our RSS Feed is: http://libramofthedm.podomatic.com/rss2.xml

GreyWolfVT

#18 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Chapter 6: Rogues has been posted up on podomatic you should also see it up on spotify, itunes and google play.

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/libr ... 4_13-07_00

GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

This weekend we recorded the next "chapter" episode Chapter 7 it was unthemed this time. We had two guest DM's as Saul was unable to record this week due to scheduling problems this week. So we have back DM Satendra Marquis and a new guest DM Mitch. The recording should be posted up before Wednesday this week. This weekend we should record episode "Chapter" 8 and have up by some time early next week.

Thanks all for following and listening to the podcast.

~DM Ed

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

DM Mike just posted up chapter 7's recording. Below is the direct link to the episode on podomatic.

Chapter 7: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/libr ... 7_24-07_00

Return to “General RPG discussion”