OOC

#1 Post by Marullus »

Happy New Year everyone! :D
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC

#2 Post by Marullus »

Rusty Tincanne wrote:Swelan looks at his black hands, Old blood. Old, dried blood. But mine is still inside of me. And nothing that that girl would want to spend her first with.
:o

Is Swelan sweet on Isabelle? :shock:
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Happy New Year!

That was yet another phone-driven autocorrect. It was in reference to Isabelle stating there was no active bleeding to keep Magda from getting thirsty. It was supposed to say, "nothing she'd want to quench her thirst with." The "she" referred to Magda.

Phones are nice since I can fit this into my day whenever there is a bit of down time, but I used to take the time to reread my posts to be sure they were correct. That was before children, though.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Marullus »

Oh, whew. :) I was a little creeped out. :lol:
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

And to add to that creep factor:
Rigormortis could be a girl's best friend... Hubba, hubba!
coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by coil23 »

Thank goodness AutoWrong was there to protect us from such risqué phrases as"quench her thirst". I just feel safer knowing bowdlerization is going on all around me. It's like a cozy blanket. :roll:
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Marullus »

Does anyone know the Torchbearer rule for using a weapon without proficiency? It says under the class "you can wield a dagger" or for a wizard "only a dagger." What happens if you use something else anyway? Isabelle would love to take the sword or crossbow. :-D
coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by coil23 »

And Peitharian stands poised with disapproval should she do either.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Marullus »

:lol:
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

He does that, doesn't he? Such a grown up!

Out of curiosity, what is the difference between carrion and any other food-meat? Is it the decaying that sets it apart? Does it have to be human or would any creature suffice? Thanks.
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Marullus »

I've wondered that myself. If she just needed to make him a nice steak tartar, Isabelle would find him much less objectionable. ;).

It will definitely come up when Magda hunts something. Kill deer, she drains blood. Is it then carrion or butcherable rations?

As far as I have reasoned, I figure carrion is just grosser and less discriminating. It includes raw meat but also viscera, gristle, etc.
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Or brains.
insert slick meme here.
Faolan7
Tracker
Tracker

#13 Post by Faolan7 »

Carrion is rotting meat. During this time, trail rations would have been bread and maybe hard cheese or jerky. Anything that kept and didn't need refrigeration was pretty common though. Granted, that's real life, but I believe that would still apply in this game. Therefore, I think Torchbearer made the distinction between carrion and rations because Death Knights are basically zombies, and zombies are carnivores.

Basically, I think carrion means meat in general in this case, while rations are things like bread and jerky. Saying carrion instead of meat puts the zombie twist on the Death Knight.

Also, boo! I'm here.

Disclaimer: I am no expert. That's just the information I've acquired over my years. I'm pretty sure it's true, but I can't say for sure.
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Any unpreserved meat then, though preferably "aged" a few months... That sounds fair and a good distinction from regular rations, to-boot.

Good to see most of us here. But where is Enoch?
coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by coil23 »

Not to be too pedantic on the matter (Oh, who am I kidding?!) but carrion always struck me as more of a value judgment from the perspective of people since any dead flesh is decaying. So the dead flesh we find desirable (read: scrumptious) would be called steak while that which is beneath us is denigrated as carrion. I suppose you could say decay that is too far along (for us to eat) could be the crossing point into carrion but I have seen and heard brand new kills referred to as carrion aplenty so it always struck me as a value judgment.
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

In our last TB outing, I found my helmet useful for melting snow for water, but we didn't have a cook and their assumed supplies. But I'm sure we can find a fun, non intuitive use for the helmet.
Faolan7
Tracker
Tracker

#17 Post by Faolan7 »

@Rusty: I meant nothing useful as nothing other than the helmet. I don't know of any items that fit in that slot. Using your helmet was pretty ingenious in that cave.
Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Thanks! :)

As for the head, I remember reading about a cleric that used the slot for his/her sling. I thought that was ingenious!
Faolan7
Tracker
Tracker

#19 Post by Faolan7 »

Oh, yeah. That's awesome! It would be like a headband.

Back to the game, do you guys need any information, or are you waiting on something? I know it's only been two days, so I'm not pushing you to go, but are you guys waiting on anything from me?
Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Marullus »

Marullus wrote:Does anyone know the Torchbearer rule for using a weapon without proficiency? It says under the class "you can wield a dagger" or for a wizard "only a dagger." What happens if you use something else anyway? Isabelle would love to take the sword or crossbow. :-D
I was waiting for an answer on this.

Peitharian already announced action on the helmet. Then it is up to Swelan to secure the campsite. Not sure if anyone else wanted a third pre-camp action. Then we camp to avoid the grind.

Return to “The Torchbearers of Kroyia (Torchbearer)”