OOC Discussion 3

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC Discussion 3

#481 Post by barkman »

I've been the sole tech in town for the past 3+ weeks, and my phone continues to log me out of unseen servant, meaning that i don't see the 'unread' topics when i load the page, so if i don't check timestamps, i can miss the updates.

I think we can afford to hire these guys for a couple of weeks to at least work on getting the magic fluid out, and back to Adamas to start paying for the 4 magic items that we need to identify so we can use. We also need them to guard our extraction routes so that we can continue to delve deeper into Dwimmermount. Randolpho is willing to be the liason to the other party, and work out their routine/patrol zone. It would involve coming in with glassware, doing a patrol down one path to that room, fill up one or two vessels that could be carried by one person, head back out, going past the metal statue, making certain we can access it as needed. They are responsible for their own food, and we can let them stay at the camp/tower for now. The mercs can continue to guard the camp/tower.

Another thought that occurred to me, that with our numbers right now, we could likely overpower the ogre by numbers, if we joined with the other group, and possibly included the mercs. If we wanted to clear him out.

Once we have enough of the magic fluid, i will be dispatching the Venturer back to Adamas to look at establishing some trade/trading route between Adamas and Muntberg, especially with any equipment we need.
I can hive off and do another thread with DrPete to cover that, while the main group continues to explore.

That's where my thoughts are, at least. Looking forward to get back into the dungeon, and recovering treasure/trouble.

DrPete, can we get a refresher of what some of the rooms we've explored are? Like room XX, burst pipes room, room XY, spider demon room, in the map thread?

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#482 Post by barkman »

Happy Holidays y'all!

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#483 Post by Zorroroaster »

Same to you, mate! Best wishes to all of you!
()==[:::::::::::::>
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-Nai Tnam, Dwarven Cleric-[] Lair of the Black Druid - OSRIC
[]-Bronn Arnulfsen, Half-Orc Fighter-[] Valnwall, The Barrowmaze (LL)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#484 Post by Stirling »

Quinn is ready to delve into whatever area of the Dwimermount we choose to go.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#485 Post by drpete »

A lot of the interesting spots are already marked on the "key" above the map.

Some other areas that might be worth noting... just going in random/stream of consciousness

Room 50: Kobold fire trap room.
Room 24: Ghosts playing game
Room 17: Obelisk room
Room 36: Map Room
Room 66-68: Kobold Lair
Room 37: Crack room with black liquid (note: There is a little bit of this liquid dribbling up here, there is not enough accessible here to get gallons of it easily)
Room 39: Latrine
Room 13: Practice Dummies (mystery machinery)
Room 48: Strange Boxes (mystery machinery)
Room 49: Library (looted)
Room 7: Temple to Mavors
Room 6: Lockable Treasure Room.

Unexplored areas:
Most of the natural caves, which seem to have kobolds in them (53-69)
40-41: Marked as a downward stair
45: Marked as a circular room, has a white porcelain door
26,29: Did you look in here at all?
51,52: Marked as a downward stair, the dwarves say they came up from here, the level below is reportedly full of Temples

The kobold you charmed had reported that there was more of the black liquid in the kobold tunnels.

What would you guys like to do?
GM: Dwimmermount (ACKS)

Zim: 7/7 | Torgyr: 14/14 | U Tar: 3/3 | Nazares: 6/6| Emm: 9/9 |Quinn: 13/13
Ranulf: 10/10 | Solaine: 12/12 | Liam: 4/4 | X | Randolpho: 10/10 | Audi: 8/8

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#486 Post by Stirling »

Quinn

I think we do either the kobold lair (and associated spider cult/demon possession/voice in the head bit) or head straight down the stairs to the second level with the map we have acquired from the dour dwarves. Firstly apportion the hired crew to secure the rooms described in my post earlier (14-23 areas).

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#487 Post by barkman »

Ok, if there isn't enough black stuff bubbling up from the pipe to gather there, we probably don't need to hire the group then. We should go in, ask the Head for the next largest supply of treasure. (which is how we found the big score we just got) and then either head into the kobold area, and clean them out, or go to where the biggest treasure is located. But we should head back into the dungeon quickly.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#488 Post by kalstone »

I agree with the idea of doing the kobold lair. I'm not sure we need to hire the group yet.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#489 Post by drpete »

Seems like there's a bit of a preference for going to visit the kobold lair, but it's hard to tell who's still here...

So, if it's tentatively for kobolds, with more of a feeling to wait on hiring the other group, how would you go?

(and who's still here? Do we have a group?)

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#490 Post by Zorroroaster »

Still here! I like the kobold idea, though it'll take a bit of strategy - I seem to remember them having us in a bit of a stalemate the last time. Perhaps we go at them from another direction?
[]-Orrin Lighthammer, Dwarven Gymnast-[] The Arch-Duchy of Vaul: A West Marches Labyrinth Lord Sandbox
[]-Arnulf The Banal, Manchild SuperMage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)
[]-<[RIP]>Eduard d'Arnise, Elven Fighter/Mage-[] The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)

barkman
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#491 Post by barkman »

Still here! Let's look at the kobolds, after a side trip to ask the oracle about the greatest concentration of treasure on this level.
It'll either tell us where to head next, or let us know that it isn't all-knowing.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#492 Post by kalstone »

I agree with trying a new direction, maybe through room 53?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#493 Post by drpete »

Sounds potentially promising... this was, I would point out, where the big wall of fire standoff occurred, though...

monayuris
Runner
Runner

#494 Post by monayuris »

I'm still in. Been busy with adapting to real life after the holidays. But things are settling down.

I am good for whatever the veterans of this place want to do.

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#495 Post by drpete »

Cool :)

Alright, so it looks like you guys have a bit of a plan... should we get the expedition rolling?

I'm happy to fast forward you up to the door of the dungeon to begin. You want to go to the main entrance, and head first to the face, is that right?

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#496 Post by Stirling »

Quinn

what we don't want to be doing is spending lots of time coming and going to restock supplies, comfrey etc. I think hiring the other group and getting them to secure a 'wing' of the level means we have a place to go and rest/heal up. Having an aspect of control over the mount, who comes in and out and having a base will be better for future operations, especially if you are mining any liquid ore.

The Oracle, does it answer one question per person or one per group? Can we split into two groups and ask differing questions. I would rather ask about the nature of demonic forces we face than where the next treasure cache is?

Quinn is ready to go with or without the other group, but I think it will aide our chances if we hire them.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#497 Post by kalstone »

Securing a place on the 1st level makes sense if we can store supplies there. In the past, Pete has said that food, at least, will spoil quickly in a dungeon environment. I think another party had stashed some oil in the orc room, which kept pretty well. If we could make part of the level livable it would go a long way. Pete, would the dwarves be able to "renovate" an area of the dungeon to make it livable?

drpete
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#498 Post by drpete »

Generally speaking, most of the dungeon that you've seen is pretty gross in an old subway tunnel kind of a sense. The walls are concrete, but it tends to have lots of cracks in it that allow things like giant centipedes, slimes and rats to travel through the walls, and there is dust and mold in a lot of places.

An area might be cleanable, and there are definitely some more secure spots scattered around. There was an orc "nest" that might be a decent sized room, but you'd have to deal with the fact that they treated it like a latrine, etc. The area near the entrance seem to have a LOT of rats in them, if I remember correctly, and so on.

I'd say it's possible, but unless you spend a while on it, or find a real "habitable" area, food will spoil at the regular "dungeon" rates.

Zorroroaster
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#499 Post by Zorroroaster »

Hey all,

I've gotta apologize for my extended absence recently - life/work is getting turned upside down for a while and I should have seen it coming and let everyone know.

I'll be out for another while, but would really love to come back. If it's alright with you, please feel free to NPC my character until he either perishes or I return. Or park him, that's ok too.

Again, sorry to just disappear and bail for a while. Hopefully I can get back into the swing in another couple of weeks.

Be well!

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#500 Post by kalstone »

How about this plan of action? We go towards the kobold lair via room 53. On the way, we stop at the oracle to see if it has any information about the kobolds and the mysterious voice.

Return to “Dwimmermount (ACKS)”