A calling to Triel

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: A calling to Triel

#41 Post by Darkmane »

DM how close is everything on the map?.

Moreeth Meer - Elf Fighter Mage

Vacarxia needs a bow, most of us are ready to go. Should we go on foot from here, or ride to one of the closer villages and then stable our mounts? We probably won't want the mounts in those hills.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#42 Post by tumblingdice »

Oc: will finish with Duvli's equipment once I regain control of the laptop. My girls are watching Strawberry Shortcake on it. Again.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#43 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Note:Put my horse and dog in the notes section of my sheet. Horse is only a Riding Horse, and Rex is only a hunting dog.
Joven "Shall we meet at the stables then or just gather our steeds and meet outside here?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by connivingsumo »

SAPHRAX: MU

"If time is of the essence, which I beleive it is, then I think we should go on horseback. The forest will provide a suitable place to husband the animals while we invade on foot."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by spanningtree »

Seerena looks at the entire group: It's a bit late to leave today. It's already night fall. Normally we would have some celebrations tonight but the recent events have tempered our frivolity. Rooms at the Inn for each of you are available. Tomorrow morn, Vacarxia, can check with Gaidon's and see if they have a bow available. Your horses are already stabled.

Another soldier enters the room and moves up next to Seerena. Looks to be a ranger/scout of sorts. His outfit is woodland camouflage. Seerena continues: This is Modlin, the scout that found the Steading. He will be going with you as a guide and to take care of your horses whilst you assault.

Modlin nods at all of you: Good to meet you. Were about two days out by horseback. We should enter their valley on the second day during sunset. There is an old gold mine, Toofs mine, that we can fit ourselves and the horses in without issue. Giants are a bit to big to fit though. He says with a wink.

Seerena continues: Are there any more questions? If not, this banquet room and it's contents are the parties for the night. Bess will show you to your rooms when you wish to retire. I will meet you all back here in this room tomorrow morn. Thank you for coming!

The mage gets up and starts shaking everyone's hands: My thanks to you for coming. He then makes his way out of the room. The soldiers in the room exit and Seerena waits around to see if there are any questions.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by greyarea »

Master of Dragons goes to his room at the Inn. He props his bench under the door handle to act as a barrier, takes out his prayer beads and prays/meditates, and then sleeps.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by Mant72 »

Cathedra also retires for the evening, wanting to get an early start on the expedition in the morning.

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#48 Post by Craigers07 »

Wilryn - Gnome Illusionist

"Thank you for the hospitality and I will see everyone tomorrow morning."

Wilryn finishes up his drink and heads to his room for the night. He spends some time memorizing spells before going to sleep.
Last edited by Craigers07 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#49 Post by badams30 »

Fergus - Fighter

Fergus will eat his fill and drink, but in a rare move for him, he won't drink to excess for this night. Instead he'll socialize with any in the party who remain behind to eat, then he'll retire in plenty of time, so as to be well rested. He'll wake early, get cleaned up and report to wherever the group is mustering to depart.

GreyWolfVT

#50 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven "Well then if that is the case. Thank you for the rooms it will be a change of pace from camping in the forest like I and Rex have become accustomed to." the rangers finishes his drink goes up for another and grabs another leg of meat for Rex. "I'll return the mug in the morning then. Come Rex." the ranger whistles once and the dog bone in mouth follows as Joven retires to his room.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#51 Post by connivingsumo »

Saphrax: MU
The Elf eats a humble meal at the inn, and then retires to his room for the evening to study. He prepares his list for an assault, and is sure to pack his ring with spells, and study any others made vacant by his mnemonic spells.

OOC: The 'Spells' tab on the character sheet is 100% accurate and ready to go. As I add/remove spells from the 'memorized' section I am adding brief descriptions, so that's why some of the spells have descriptions and some do not. It's a work-in-progress. :mrgreen:

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#52 Post by tumblingdice »

Duvli finishes his drink. "Well, if I were home, I'd have gotten up half an hour ago to take a p*ss. So I'd best be off to bed. And so should the lot of you!" He grunts as he gets to his feet, then shuffles off to find his room. In private, he'll pray for Clangdeggin to give him strength and fill his old heart with a lust for justice and vengeance.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Dram »

Vacarxia thanks Saphrax for her hospitality. She will grab a leg of chicken and a glass of Mead. And retiring herself to the Inn for the evening. She will stay down in the and listen to the gossip. But she will retire early for the journey in the morning.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Dram »

Vacarxia thanks Saphrax for her hospitality. She will grab a leg of chicken and a glass of Mead. And retiring herself to the Inn for the evening. She will stay down in the and listen to the gossip. But she will retire early for the journey in the morning.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by spanningtree »

Darkmane wrote:DM how close is everything on the map?.
As Modlin indicated, you are about two days from The Steading. The first night will be spent between the ruined villages of Kannet and Allasheim. At the end of the second day you should be able to reach Toofs Mine.

OCC: I don't want to get into actual distance.
------------------------------------------

Bess makes sure all party members get to their rooms. Great accommodations considering the location. A hot bath is included if you decide to indulge (somewhat rare).

The next morning each of you awake to a knocking at the door. Bess speaks through the door: Your party is forming up in the meeting room.

You make your way downstairs and taking a peak out the front door you can see all of the parties horses lined up out front, including yours. Those with armor are already ready to go. There are twelve of Seerena's soldiers watching the horses and making sure no one else comes into the Inn. Two of the higher level sergeants are double checking the parties mounts for mistakes in tack. You have never seen such a careful crew. Modlin, mounted, is waiting nearby.

You make you way to the meeting room you spent so much time in last night. Coming through the door you find the same layout but some changes. On the left is a big table spread for self service breakfast: very thick cut bacon slices, scrambled eggs, large kettle of grits, crock of honey, crock of butter, crock of syrup, sour dough/rye breads and a vegetable spelt risotto (for those who prefer non animal food). Implements and plates are stacked just like last night as well as cloth towels. On the right are small casks of wine, mead, ale and water. There are pitchers of milk and goldenberry juice as well. To top it off there are also several small charcoal stoves on the table keeping 3 kettles of tea hot. Black, Oolong and something local called Milwind. Like the night before there are mugs and tumblers laid out.

Seerena is in the front of the room again and acknowledges each of you as you walk in.

Please eat your fill. Let's get the final equipping finished and then Modlin can lead your group out. I have a list of what might be of interest in town if you would like to take a look. She will show you the list in the "Magic resources in Triel" thread.

Modlin recommends 10 days of resources... let me know if you don't have that and my staff can bring you up to snuff.

Taking the maps down from the wall Seerena turns to the party.

Modlin has these maps also, who of you might take these?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#56 Post by Darkmane »

Moreeth Meer - Elf Fighter Mage

Moreeth dives into breakfast eating heartily and seeming quite calm, the normally distant elf seems quite chatty thus morning. I cast auguries in the moonlight, with mint and clear water last night. Sehahine looks favorably on our group, I feel good fortune will fall upon us in our quest against the giants!

GreyWolfVT

#57 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Joven returns mug from the night before in hand and Rex at his side. "Morning gents and ladies." he greets all in the room. Then drops off his old mug takes a plate of bacon mostly and a mug of tea. Finds a seat shares the bacon with Rex and listens to the others.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by greyarea »

Master of Dragons eats his fill of eggs and bacon, avoiding the other items. He then smiles and holds up his hand politely declining food for the trip. He suggests, with a wave of his hand, that someone else take the map.

Mant72
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by Mant72 »

Cathedra:

The lithe elf helps herself to some of the honey and tea, and awaits word from the others.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Dram »

Vacarxia- Goes to the dining table picks up some bisuits and bacon makes himself a sandwich. He the pours himself a glass of goodberry wine. He the mention of the list and checks it out. Seeing a bow on the list. I would like to purchase this bow, but I am short of coin. If any of his Comrades came in with him he ask them. I am short 1200 gp for this bow. Could i get loan from some one.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Return to “Against the Giants (1e)”