Agrom Alone I

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Agrom Alone I

#1 Post by Keehnelf »

12 Brightmorn, 814 - Turn 8 - An Abandoned Armory

Agrom heads back out the door into the armory. Two obvious exits from this chamber: to the right through the still-open door with the slot in it, or out through the narrow hole that opens on to a drop into the courtyard.

---
Party Status:
Agrom, Sick with Sword and Shield in Hand (Dim Light) (1 Check)

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Agrom Alone I

#2 Post by sulldawga »

If the wall he climbed down from is "only" six feet high, can't Agrom pull himself back up and over it?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Keehnelf »

Yes, but that wall isn't in this chamber!

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by sulldawga »

Agrom will head back through the door with the slot in it.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Keehnelf »

Argon finds himself in a long narrow corridor strewn with combat wreckage and rubble. At the far end the passage opens outward, to his immediate right stands a wide heavy wooden door, and a bit further down on the right a dip in the right wall shows the place where the party had previously dropped into the passage.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by sulldawga »

Agrom will return to the spot where he dropped in and try to climb back up.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Keehnelf »

Despite his fever, Agrom has reserves of strength and will that enable him to push on and through. He reaches up to the top of the jagged wall, gripping the broken stone with bare fingers that quickly become raw from the effort of lifting his body and his gear to the top. Just yesterday, such an effort would hardly have made an impact--but today, with the fire of possible death racing through his veins and throbbing in his temple, he is forced to spend a handful of moments recovering his breath and his equilibrium when he reaches the top.

From there, he looks down over a wide slope of packed rubble into a long room. The floating stone still hovers calmly above the ground, the double doors to the right still stand open, and the far end of the room is lost in the gloom as the sun begins to drift behind the tops of the trees to the west of the fortress.

The kobold is nowhere in sight.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by sulldawga »

Agrom continues back the way they came.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Keehnelf »

Through the double-doors to the right, then?

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by sulldawga »

Keehnelf wrote:Through the double-doors to the right, then?
Indeed.

EDIT: Note that, anywhere Agrom finds an open flame, he'll look to light a torch.

QUESTION: Agrom has Survivalist 4. Can he light a fire without a tinderbox?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Keehnelf »

You can make a Survivalist test Ob1 to use materials from the environment to get the torch lit. (Ob2 given that you're in dim lighting, and -1D for Sick)

I'll hold off on moving you to a new location until you confirm whether you want to try and light a torch yet or not. You don't recall having seen an open flame anywhere in the keep so far.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by sulldawga »

Agrom will keep moving until he runs into a situation where it's darker than "Dim Light". Then he'll try to light a torch before he moves into the darker space.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Keehnelf »

Agrom heads toward the double doors, even in his fevered haze knowing to pick out the outline of the circle of power and give it a wide berth to the right. As he approaches the doors, the now-familiar figure of the kobold scuttles into view from the gap between the bookcases on the opposite wall and hails him.

I'm going to dispense with his speech impediment and just paraphrase since you know now how he talks (and don't seem to be confused about any of his peculiar speech patterns) and it takes me twice as long to type for him when I use it. Assume it's still in force unless I say otherwise.

The kobold indicates eagerly that he has completed the ritual that will pacify the ghosts that would be set to appear at nightfall. He is very eager to get started with the ritual to sacrifice one or both of the crows (he holds the thong aloft that holds both birds--they eye him and then Agrom placidly) and ensure safe passage into the temple for those making their pilgrimage. It appears that he's been readying this address in the expectation of your return, and completely missed the absence of the other two at first. His eyes narrow, and he inquires about their whereabouts. He says that he heard the loud noise earlier and it drove him back into his burrow with fear. Have they succumbed to some calamity? More importantly, has Agrom brought back the amulet?

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by sulldawga »

Yes, they have the amulet but then they fell into a hole in the ground and disappeared. I'm getting my rope and then I'm going after them. The ritual will have to wait.

Agrom will pause for a second, thinking.

You want to come with me? If you want that amulet, you might be able to help me find them and it.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Keehnelf »

The kobold narrows his eyes, considering for a moment--perhaps whether this is a trick of some kind--then nods in agreement. He asks Agrom to wait a moment, then scurries off into his hole in the wall. He comes back a few moments later, having deposited the crows within and readjusting his patched and faded robes.

Okay, where to?

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by sulldawga »

We may need light where we're going. I have torches but not a tinderbox. Do you have anything to light the torches?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Keehnelf »

The kobold indicates somewhat wryly that his kind has no need for light, or fire, and thus no need for tools that would be used to create either of those things.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by sulldawga »

I'm going to have to go back through the old posts and draw myself a map to get oriented. I'll try to bang it out this weekend and get posting again.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Keehnelf »

Awww.

sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by sulldawga »

You could share a map with me and we could post some more today... :P