Character Sheets

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

Character Sheets

#1 Post by Q.Q Elf »

I'm not settled on how we'll do character sheets yet.

I think I may try a Google Docs solution so that it's editable by all. Also, spreadsheets are a good thing.

Not sure yet.
There is only one real path: the river of fire. Everything else is an illusion. Trevor Faith, in Christopher Moeller's Faith Conquers
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Character Sheets

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

have you considered the unseen servant roller sheets?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Keehnelf »

They're not a great fit for torchbearer stats, honestly. Almost everything would just go in notes.
GreyWolfVT

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

alright well I like using that I had to do that for a couple characters that don't fit the format of the game I am in I just like it as one central space for all my characters on here is all.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
sulldawga
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by sulldawga »

I like the format we have in Keehnelf's game. Doesn't do much for tracking conditions or the like, but gets you the basic info on each character.
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Keehnelf »

Yeah I try to offload conditions, lighting, objects in hand all to in-character threads so those are easily accessible. Since they're what most routinely affect play it makes sense to have them right there. Having to go and check character sheets in another thread for that info feels immersion-breaking to me somehow. But that might just be me. I can put together a spreadsheet in google docs today for TB characters if you want, QQ?
GreyWolfVT

#7 Post by GreyWolfVT »

just let me know if we are going to have a shared space for it so I can get you my gmail to share it with.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Keehnelf »

All, go ahead and take a look at this: it's view-only for now since it's my prototype, but I think it captures everything on the character sheet without including the rules.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
GreyWolfVT

#9 Post by GreyWolfVT »

looks pretty spiffy to me Keehnelf

Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by Q.Q Elf »

Cool! Looks nice! I like spreadsheets :)

Might make it easier to track Pass/Fail, anyway.

I'll think about the Conditions tracking some more.
There is only one real path: the river of fire. Everything else is an illusion. Trevor Faith, in Christopher Moeller's Faith Conquers
Simon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#11 Post by Simon »

Keehnelf: If you're interested, I just found this spreadsheet on the BW forums. Might be good for inspiration?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing
A little bit of damage is good for the system
-Tehching Hsieh

Harlan Wax, Halfling Burglar - Flickering Light (Torchbearer)
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Keehnelf »

Wow, that's a great sheet.
Simon
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#13 Post by Simon »

Sulldawga: Since you've decided to go with the Paladin (which I think is rad, as we can help each other on our Ritualist and Theologian rolls) I thought maybe we could start to figure out our characters' relationship in regards to their religious affiliation. I'm planning on finishing the skeleton of my cleric today but would like to start thinking about a little color as well.

The way I see it we have a few schematic options:
(1) Members of the same order, assigned to the same "beat" as it were
(2) Members of two different, though similarly aligned, orders who meet on the road and join forces
(3) Member of two diametrically opposed orders who would in other circumstances kill each other outright

Thoughts?

Of course, I don't want to coerce you into any particular path, and if you'd rather come up with something independent of each other and see what happens, I'm fine with that. The idea has been rattling around in my head for a few days though and I figured I might as well share. Hooray role-playing!
A little bit of damage is good for the system
-Tehching Hsieh

Harlan Wax, Halfling Burglar - Flickering Light (Torchbearer)
GreyWolfVT

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dwarf Adventurer
Name: Horris IronBeard
Homeland: ?
Belief: strength, physical strength. Horris's pride is in his strength.
Instinct: Survival.
Skills - Wises:

work in progress give advice and help please.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Keehnelf »

I think this game will have some strong religious themes because I planned my character concept as a young elf who's a throwback to the Old Ways, when elves were a mighty and terrible force before they descended into Druidic foppery. She worships the ancient pantheon called the Elder Lords of Starlight, incarnations or primal nature:

Selenas, the Eye that Watches the Waters (moon and sun)
Deligand, the Shadow that Moves Between (wilds and lonely places)
Rostiro, the Emptiness Between Breaths (animals and sentient creatures, hunting, death)
Magdath, the Warmth that Remains in Stone (earth and artifice)
Cireille, the Wind of Secrets (movement, change)
Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by Q.Q Elf »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Dwarf Adventurer
Name: Horris IronBeard
Homeland: ?
Belief: strength.
Instinct: Survival.
Skills - Wises:

work in progress give advice and help please.
Okay. Homeland can be a few different things. If you'd like to change it, then say what you'd like in terms of impact. i.e. "I want my character to be better at such-and-such."

The current Homeland for the default Dwarf character (Which we are using as a basis for conversation, and from which we will create your character) is the Religious Bastion.

There's some obvious benefits for that right now.

Given that the Cleric & Paladin are on the Religion path, and Keehnelf has stated that his Elf is also tied in to the Religion piece, keeping the Religious Bastion homeland seems like a good thing for your Dwarf.

TASK FOR YOU: Think about why your Dwarf was raised in a Relgious stronghold (i.e. like a Knights Templar fortress on our Earth). What does it mean for your character?

Belief. This is something that, yes, will be head-explodey. It's a tough thing to get right even for experienced Burning Wheel players. Ditto for Instinct.

Dwarves are, in this game, very old school. They are one of the Old races. When you think about Thorin Oakenshield from the Hobbit, that's the concept... a guy who makes Bilbo Baggins sign a ridiculously large contract before going off on an adventure... a guy who is so wrapped up in what he feels is his stuff, he wants to fight EVERYBODY. Slow to change, stubborn, stern, sometimes bitter at the Elves being Firstborn & most beloved to the gods.

When you actually put a Belief down on paper, you should also be asking, "What do I want the Game Master to throw at me?" If you want to fight, then something like, "Violence never solved anything" might be a good way to begin... because my job is to make you confront that Belief.

Believing in Strength is a good concept, but where do you want to go with it? Put some more words behind it. Do you want me to humble a Strong person? Do you want me to reveal the inner strength of a person who does not feel Strong?

QUESTION FOR YOU: What is the character story that you're trying to bring out through our shared game?

Okay, I'd best nail down the character sheets.
Q.Q Elf
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by Q.Q Elf »

I've sent you all individual links to separate, editable Google Docs spreadsheets based on the character sheet that Simon linked to, off of the Burning Wheel forum.

Please input your character particulars in there.

Since those sheets are editable to anyone with the link (or should be editable to anyone), I'll also put up my own Google docs dashboard for the group. This will show everyone's particulars at a glance, but will only be editable by me. The goal of that dashboard is to have shared character information at a glance, and to facilitate any roleplaying that results from that info.
Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Keehnelf »

My character sheet is, I believe, complete!
GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

mine is still partially completed. :?

Keehnelf
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Keehnelf »

Has anyone walked you through the process? I'm glad to chat for a few minutes if you like to help round things out...

Return to “Torchbearer: Return to the Keep on the Borderlands”