(CLOSED) Zirus' Little Adventure

Antman9
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

(CLOSED) Zirus' Little Adventure

#1 Post by Antman9 »

Campaign posts for separated party members.
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Campaign Asides

#2 Post by Antman9 »

Antman9 wrote:Subject: Eddistone Point
MonkeyWrench wrote:["Seeker" Jyrbian Talanador of the Bleeding Eye - Lvl 0] {HP:10/10} {AC:9}
Action: Lion taming's got nothing on this.

Jyrbian listens to the others as they talk about the tunnel and what could have made it, his interest has been piqued. He will walk to the tunnel entrance, musing to himself aloud. "A giant worm you say? I am interested! And where I am interested interesting things are abound! I shall traverse this tunnel in search for this supposed giant worm and tame the creature to my will, I say it and so it shall be done! For those coming along, keep up! We shall return to those cowardly ones that stay with news of our victories." With that he uses one of the lit sconces to light one of his own torches before walking into the tunnel, he will wait a moment for those that decide to come with him.
The tunnel is roughly 2' in diameter and gradually slopes downhill to the west, out of range of your torchlight. in the dust and debris on the floor you can make out several mammalian foot prints, approximately 3-4" in length with 3-4 toes and associated claw marks at each end.
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by Antman9 »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Jyrbian will continue on, watching the prints to see where they go. He will move slowly and cautiously, checking the walls and ceiling as he tracks the creature down.
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by Antman9 »

Antman9 wrote:Jyrbian crawls through the tunnel on hands and knees. The tunnel maintains a consistent 2' diameter sloping downhill at a rough 30 degree angle for about 15' then levels off directly west. for another 30' before opening into a small chamber. The chamber os roughly 15' in diameter with a domed ceiling peaking at 5'. The room room is filed with old dry and fresh grasses, apparently form the plains above your head. As you look in from the edge of the room something within the pile of grass begins to stir.

What do you do?

(snicker snicker)
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by Antman9 »

MonkeyWrench wrote:["Seeker" Jyrbian Talanador of the Bleeding Eye - Lvl 0] {HP:10/10} {AC:9}
Action: I AM HERE

Jyrbian, holding the torch in one hand and his staff in the other will cautiously approach the stirring pile, hoping to stop far enough away from it but still able to use the torch light to make out what it is. If the creature attempts to approach him in an aggressive way he will use the torch fire to keep the creature back and use his staff as a spear to stab at the creature.
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Antman9 »

Antman9 wrote:As Jyrbian kneels watching the pile, torch and spear at the ready, the grass at the edge of the pile shifts slightly revealing a strange set of large double mole-like teeth protrude form the pile, followed by it's ugly body, It's small dark eyes move aimlessly about while the eyelids open and close. Standing only a foot tall and two foot long, it raises its huge teeth, opening and closing its large nostrils, tasting the air.
2011051403542521mole_rat_fo3.png
2011051403542521mole_rat_fo3.png (183.01 KiB) Viewed 911 times
A moment later it points its teeth in Jyrbian's direction and opens its mouth slightly. A low guttural sound, almost inaudible reaches Jyrbian's ears and the pile behind the creature shifts and settles revealing another creature of the same design. A moment later a smaller version of the two rolls from the pile of grass, this one only a foot long and six inches tall. The group stands sniffing the air a moment tentatively, then the two large creatures make a much louder guttural sound, in unison, and move in Jyrbian's direction, their large teeth gnashing and grinding.

Oh My!
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by Antman9 »

Action: Mole Taming!

Jyrbian looks between the two creatures and their offspring, He frowns as his imagination of taming a great worm or bear like creature is shattered by these small pitiful and disgusting looking creatures. However he claimed he would tame the creature here and once he has made his mind he does not back down. Jyrbian waves the torch in front of the two encroaching creatures, saying in a low hiss like tone, "Heel! Stay! I do not like to thrash my new belongings!" As he does this he brings some simple meat rations from his side pockets and tosses it down in front of the creatures, attempting to discover what type of food these creatures enjoy.
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Antman9 »

Antman9 wrote:The Molerats ignore Jerbian's proffer of food, and the first one charges, teeth gnashing and chomping.

Bite [1d20+1] = 5+1 = 6 Damage [1d6+1] = 2+1 = 3

Jyrbian manages to divert the attack with ease but the creatures seem determined to reject his advances at taming them.
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by Antman9 »

Action: Their will must be broken!

Jyrbian will use one hand to jab his staff at the creature that charged him, "I do not like to thrash my things! Do not make this hard for you! Submit to my will!"

Initiative: [1d10] = 5, Staff: [1d20] = 7, Damage: [1d6] = 5

I blame the torch in his hand for that roll!
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Antman9 »

Keehnelf wrote:
Antman9 wrote:A moment later, as Gort stands at the ready, spear in hand, by the NW doorway, a low guttural deep grunt issues from the tunnel where Jyrbian disappeared.
Buckey was on his way into that tunnel per my last post--hopefully I'm coming up on something to kill soon.
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by Antman9 »

Antman9 wrote:Subject: Eddistone Point

Buckey quickly scrambles down the 2' diameter tunnel. He can hear Jyrbian up ahead say in a stern voice, "I do not like to thrash my things! Do not make this hard for you! Submit to my will!".

The tunnel maintains a consistent 2' diameter sloping downhill at a rough 30 degree angle for about 15' then levels off directly west for another 30' before opening into a small chamber, where Jyrbian has squared off with two ugly looking creatures.
2011051403542521mole_rat_fo3.png
2011051403542521mole_rat_fo3.png (183.01 KiB) Viewed 919 times
The chamber is roughly 15' in diameter with a domed ceiling peaking at 5', and is filled with dry and fresh grasses, apparently from the plains above your head. Standing only a foot tall and two foot long, with huge teeth, the two creatures open and close their large nostrils, tasting the air. Jyrbian, holding his torch and staff at arms length seems to be trying to tame the beasts, but they in turn seem less concerned with his intensions. There is a third, smaller creature, just behind the two facing Jyrbian, this one only a foot long and six inches tall. Seeing Buckey enter the chamber the two larger creatures begin to chomp and gnash their teeth at you menacingly while slowly moving forward.

Actions!
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by Antman9 »

MonkeyWrench wrote:As the creatures look at their new target Jyrbian carefully steps to the side, speaking in a low tone to Buckey, "Ah! It is good of you to come, these creatures are being most unreasonable. I don't understand why they think being enslaved by me is a bad thing!"
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by Antman9 »

Keehnelf wrote:Buckey moves to attack one of them, yelling at Jyrbian to stop being such an idiot.

Initiative [1d10] = 3, Attack [1d20+6] = 10+6 = 16, Damage [1d6+4] = 1+4 = 5
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by Antman9 »

Keehnelf wrote:Oops, wrong macro:

Standard axe - Initiative [1d10] = 9, Attack [1d20+3] = 2+3 = 5, Damage [1d6+3] = 3+3 = 6

Wasn't using a rage attack.
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by Antman9 »

Antman9 wrote:Molerats
Actions: Charge in defense of their den

The Molerats care not who these ugly creatures are who have invaded their den, while they sleep no less, and so they charge to meet the advance.

[Molerat 1 – Creature 2] (Buckey)
Initiative [1d10] = 1, Bite [1d20+1] = 4+1 = 5, Damage [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5

[Molerat 2 – Creature 2] (Jyrbian)
Initiative [1d10] = 8, Bite [1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9, Damage [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7

Round 2 Sumary:
Molerats: 0, Ugly Humanoids: 0

Advances on both sides are parried and dodged easily, but the Molerats are not accustomed to giving up their home so easily.

Actions!
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by Antman9 »

Keehnelf wrote:If buckey can do so, he'd love to activate his second rage of the day to do a sweeping attack with his axe against the mole-thing attacking him, with the aim of knocking it into the one attacking jyrbian as well.
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by Antman9 »

Antman9 wrote:By all means have at it. I welcome custom moves like this. Add a STR-DC to your roll. Hopefully the dice gods are in your favor.
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by Antman9 »

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by Antman9 »

Action: Badly swung staff!

Jyrbian sighs at the lost chance of taming these creatures, he still has some hope for the small one though! So instead he shall swing at the adult creature in front of him, obviously his inner thoughts are distracting him though.

Initiative: [1d10] = 10, Staff: [1d20] = 3, Damage: [1d6] = 6
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by Antman9 »

Antman9 wrote:MonkeyWrench. Please give me a DEX-DC. Thank you.

Return to “Dragons Belch: A New Beginning”