Chapter 7: Something Rotten In Greyhawk

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chapter 7: Something Rotten In Greyhawk

#121 Post by Stonjuz »

Nicholi cannot be much help with evocation, but his studies fighting the stentch here in Shacktown, do give Branc a tangent to work on Stinking Cloud.
(if automatic spells had not chosen, there is no way this would have happened.
All my wizards take this too.....because ya just never know when you will get the chance to learn)

And Nicholi knows no wizard spells at all.
So stinking cloud is the automatic, and only, spell gained here.

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#122 Post by Stonjuz »

Consider Fezuul Lovkin destitute now, penniless
[1d100] = 98 [1d20] = 14 [1d10] = 4 [1d8] = 5 [1d6] = 5 [1d4] = 2

He helps heal 4 people total during the five days. He is offered a small basket of two fresh chicken eggs from one of them.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by Rukellian »

Stonjuz wrote:Consider Fezuul Lovkin destitute now, penniless
[1d100] = 98 [1d20] = 14 [1d10] = 4 [1d8] = 5 [1d6] = 5 [1d4] = 2

He helps heal 4 people total during the five days. He is offered a small basket of two fresh chicken eggs from one of them.
:D I should post those random rolls more often!
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#124 Post by grey_starr »

*When it was required Benson did give his part, 8GP, 8SP, 8CP*

*Later, quietly to Lovkin only* Well Sir Lovkin, seems you are mildly indebted to me... for I shall cover your debt.*slipping a wrapped 6GP, 8SP, 9CP into his hand - and a tap on the shoulder*

Over the several days of doing chores (again) - Benson has his shield retouched to claim it as his own (3SP is more then generous to the skilled artisan required)

In the nights, he will have them together to discuss what they have learned... and decide where we need to go.
Could someone compile and post a list for the group - based on what we do know? (looking through the old posts)

[1d20] = 8, [1d12] = 12, [1d10] = 9, [1d8] = 2, [1d6] = 3, [1d4] = 1 For the DM
Grey Starr - Try my D&D name generators...

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#125 Post by Stonjuz »

Agrim takes the opportune to again revisit the Stone Ring for possible advice from any druids who have taken residence there.
Late, the party does notice that he has not returned as promptly as he had estimated.
Benson gears the group, and himself, up for travel.
Cobbler demands justice for more than one cause.
Lokvin makes notes of the groups plan, and in some form of, almost, non-legible shorthand, he compiles a list of what is known. Upon completion, and after thoughful planning, the party feels the note page may become damaging evidence if found by the cult.
Branc blows dry the last participle of new ink in his spellbook. He gets a tingling whiff of something magically pugnent as Stinking Cloud is finished.
The elf watches the humans prepare. Inside he feels the humans have no chance of finding, let alone defeating this evil that lies about, but wanting to see the danger through to the end, Gilness finds that he cannot turn away from them.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by Rukellian »

While the group makes their final last minute preparations, whilst also waiting for Agrim's return, the doctor will be flipping through his 'medical journals', taking notes on the sides of certain pages, reviewing other pertinent information. If anyone looks up the pages of said journals, the doctor's shorthand is barely legible, and what can be made out is a bunch of medical terminology and other subjects foreign to the common class of people. A few diagrams here and there is littered on the pages, showing the structures of the human body, skeletal, muscular, cardiovascular. His mind races with ideas and concepts, plans and worries, every now and then looking towards his sack of surgical tools. How long has it been since he has had a specimen to work on? With every day that passes, he slowly loses memory of the intricate and complex workings of the human body, minor details here and there, but nevertheless, this alone bothers him...

The doctor will be deep in thought as he is perusing and writing in his journals. He will need to be physically dragged away to get his attention.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#127 Post by Majik »

Watching the humans get ready Gilnes ponders the unlikely chain of events that brought him into this odd collection of cohorts.

With a sigh he examines the patchwork of his shirt that was torn open in that unnecessary fight back in the city.
`What were the thieves after` Gilnes wonders to himself, `something about the wild-mages' staff' he finishes the thought whilst looking over at the item

Just then it occurs to him that the 1/2 orc is late in his return.

"Although I don't know our companion as well as you all, should we be at all woried that Algrim has not returned at the alloted time? Perhaps we should head out to confirm his safety?" Gilnes concludes while standing.

For the DM: [1d100] = 96[1d20] = 11[1d10] = 4[1d8] = 2[1d6] = 6[1d4] = 4
Everyday I'm hustlin, everyday I'm hustlin
Everyday I'm, everyday I'm, everyday I'm hustlin

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#128 Post by Stonjuz »

The party packs and readies for a walk around the big city to begin a search for their companion.
The townsfolk of Shacktown confirm the halforc took the southernly route to the Ring.
Moving it along. I just want to go on record that it was Agrim who wandered off. :twisted:

The Cargo Gate
Heading south, in the direction of the main docks of Greyhawk, the Elf is the first to point to all three large sewer openings.
One is positioned north of the docks and the others are in positions further south.
All sewermouths, dripping sewage into the Selintan River here, are in partial view of the docksworkers and look to require at least some form of strength
(and perhaps Constitution 8-) ) to pass the grates.
The guards here at the Cargo Gate have been informed of your status and made such known while you gathered building supplies.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by wolfpack »

Perhaps further quesioning of the people living here will give us more information.

[1d100] = 87[1d20] = 14[1d10] = 9[1d8] = 1[1d6] = 4[1d4] = 1

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#130 Post by Stonjuz »

wolfpack wrote:I am not even sure what we are trying to accomplish. People are going missing but we have no idea where or by whom.
I am assuming the party has discussed everything they know amongst themselves.
By whom, would be the Iuz cult,. The heroes are almost certain of this.
;)

After asking as many people as his sanity will allow, Cobbler determines most of the people into either one of two catagories; ignorant of the fact or in denial. Regardless he finds himself without any real answers. The ones who reply sympathetically, also have no answers, but are frightened and have heard some rumors.
When approaching townsfolk, are you mentioning either of the following keywords?
Iuz, Evil Cult ? 8-) :lol: :twisted:

Wiki plot summary:
"Falcon's Revenge is a scenario in which the player characters must track down an evil cult that has infected the City of Greyhawk."

Dr. Lokvin (from ooc) eyes the sewer entrances warily, knowing what sort of denizens already inhabit the filth pit, but tis their only solid lead if they want to sneak into the city. Bracing himself mentally, he suggests to the group that if they are done questioning the townsfolk, that we should make haste towards that temple in question, the sewers being our only visible route at the moment.

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#131 Post by NJWilliam »

Branc Temugen

Branc wrinkles his nose a bit, "Well, if the sewers are our only route, we should get going, no?"
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#132 Post by Majik »

Gilnes noods looking up at the sewer opening, a grim smile of resolve slides across his charming features .
"Well, gentle-fellows... shall I climb up with a length of rope to help the less capable?"

Waiting moments, Gilnes climbs as soon as someone hands him a rope.

For the DM: [1d100] = 78[1d20] = 3[1d10] = 10[1d8] = 7[1d6] = 3[1d4] = 2

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#133 Post by Stonjuz »

Majik wrote:If climbing into the sewers requires the thief to go first Gilnes goes now.
If we are processing with caution, Gilnes also does his best to detect traps.
But did I miss something? Where is Algrim the 1/2 orc fighter/cleric?
Is he not missing?
The party is indeed without Agrim. He isnt really missing...he's just later than he said he would be.
As preparations here at the sewermouth begin, Gil climbs down a few steps from the pier's boardwalks and the others toss a wishful glance to the south, hoping to see any signs of the wandering shaman approaching.

The stench isnt pretty but it isn't the foulest thing that the elf has smelled over the course of his stay in Greyhawk.
He considers a wisecrack about the two halfogre whores he saw dancing in the Dragon Snails Tavern, but remains diligently silent, testing the bars for tautness.
Gilnes is not strong enough to bend them alone.
He is certain that the cult does not use this entrance, but it may possibly give some element of surprise. Covering your tracks may be a problem however.
Simple Constitution/Health rolls for anyone else wanting to come down to the pipes.
Start adding up your bend bars. But, if EVERYONE comes down to bend at them, the guards may get suspicous.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by wolfpack »

Cobbler climbs down to help out

[1d20] = 11

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by Rukellian »

While the group members try to use their brute strength to bend metal, the frail doctor will put on an act in front of the group, pretending to examine the sewage coming out of the sewers. He occasionally lifts a beaker or test tube while pretending to write in one of his journals. If on the off chance that a guard approaches, asking what is going on, the doctor will say that he is biding his time outside of the city doing research on this sewage line, hoping to draw some alchemical properties in the hopes of creating cure disease potions for the fair people of this city.

[1d100] = 27 [1d20] = 18 [1d10] = 5 [1d8] = 6 [1d6] = 4 [1d4] = 3

grey_starr
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#136 Post by grey_starr »

*on his turn - because he does not want to draw attention, Benson tries... but the bars are just too much*
BB/LG 25% [1d100] = 76

if you fail also Cobbler, the two of us will need to go and do it together... and where is Agrim?

[1d20] = 15, [1d12] = 8, [1d10] = 7, [1d8] = 1, [1d6] = 4, [1d4] = 2for the DM
Grey Starr - Try my D&D name generators...

Majik
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#137 Post by Majik »

Gilnes gets out of the way of the mighty fighters and their bending of the bars... awaiting his turn, or turn to help.But while waiting, Gilnes looks for a lock or way to open a door or path.

For the DM: [1d100] = 86[1d20] = 15[1d10] = 7[1d8] = 8[1d6] = 2[1d4] = 4

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by wolfpack »

straining Cobbler is unable to open it

[1d100] = 81

Yeah I think we need to work together

Stonjuz
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#139 Post by Stonjuz »

Majik wrote:Gilnes gets out of the way of the mighty fighters and their bending of the bars... awaiting his turn, or turn to help.But while waiting, Gilnes looks for a lock or way to open a door or path.
The grate door is stuck from nonusage.
This is what gave Gil the certainty that the cult is not using the grate for an entrance

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#140 Post by NJWilliam »

Branc Temugen

Branc takes a close look at the grate door to see if there is something that his Grease spell might work on to help the efforts to open it.

Branc: [1d6] = 5, [1d8] = 1, [1d10] = 10, [1d20] = 4, [1d100] = 60
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

Return to “The Inn of the Unseen Servant - Greyhawk 2.5e”