Action thread 4

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action thread 4

#361 Post by Argennian »

Brok agrees with continuing on but wants to climb a tall tree and have a look around first. After making sure that Meryth has a drink of water and is doing alright, he addresses the others. "I wonder if the Red Blade are even looking for us, or if they are hunkered down waiting on reinforcements? Now that it's light out, I'd like to climb a tree and take a look around before we move out. Hopefully I'll be able to see the road as well as our backtrail..."

OOC: Greg: assuming there's a tall tree nearby to do so? Please let me know if you need any rolls for Brok climbing a tree and/or making a spot check here!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#362 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl moves along with only a grunt of approval

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#363 Post by onlyme »

Venificus will also reluctantly follow along, with an arrow nocked and ready to go incase the need arises.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#364 Post by ToniXX »

Sounds good. Do you want to get to the road or stay away from it?
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#365 Post by Argennian »

OOC: Greg, I think you might have missed my previous post above.

If we're putting it to a vote, Brok would like to stay off the road, at least during the daylight hours.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#366 Post by ToniXX »

PM on the way!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#367 Post by Argennian »

After telling Meryth to stay close to Nunyet, Brok finds a tall tree nearby, dumps his bow, quiver and pack and starts climbing. He makes his way carefully to the upper branches and once he's got a good vantage, begins his visual reconnoiter...

"Not seeing any activity on our back trail to the west. Nothing from or around the temple either. I do see a group of travelers on the Newiron Road though, due south of our position here. Looks like a small merchant caravan with one trailer. I can see a couple pack animals and maybe five people in total. They aren't dressed like soldiers, and are heading northeast towards Fort Korgurand..."

The young agent then repositions himself so he can look east. "I see smoke rising due east of us. Looks like cooking fires, not a large fire. Probably coming from the fort, but I can't be certain... it's hidden by the hills south of the fork in the road..."

After one final look around their position, Brok descends from the treetops, grabs his gear and rejoins the party. "Well, at least we know they aren't following our trail. I vote we stay off the road and continue east overland towards the fort. Once there, we should be safe enough. After alerting the commander to be on the lookout, we could then take the road back to Craldash and our lady to report. What say you, friends?"

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#368 Post by onlyme »

Venificus feels somewhat relieved based on the info, and nods his approval of the plan.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#370 Post by Alethan »

"Sounds good to me," Francisco replies and then makes ready to move out.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#371 Post by rredmond »

Agreed, says Nunyet, prepping to move.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#372 Post by ToniXX »

The party continues to move north east, along the edge of the forest, parallel with the Newiron road. At the fork in the road, the party chooses to take to the road, and continues to move east, more quickly now. Groups of soldiers in the Ardun army pass them with nary a glance. Insignia on their armor indicate that they are from the nearby fort.

The party turns and heads south-east, and finally sees the fort in the distance. There is a lot of activity around the entrance to the fort, and you see the small settlement on the west side of the road. The road here is more busy, as groups of travelers and soldiers press on in both directions. About 200 yards north of the fort, a group of heavily armored dwarves passes your group, headed in the opposite direction. Their leader speaks up: Well met, weary travelers. I am Bazâr Galad of the Shâran clan. Do you come from the north? What hear you on the state of Terian's Pass?

It is now Day 7 (11 Delian), 12:35pm

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#373 Post by Argennian »

ToniXX wrote:The party continues to move north east, along the edge of the forest, parallel with the Newiron road. At the fork in the road, the party chooses to take to the road, and continues to move east, more quickly now. Groups of soldiers in the Ardun army pass them with nary a glance. Insignia on their armor indicate that they are from the nearby fort.
Brok is tempted to say something to the passing soldiers about the Red Blade at the temple but prefers they speak to someone in charge once they reach Fort Korgurand...
ToniXX wrote:... The party turns and heads south-east, and finally sees the fort in the distance. There is a lot of activity around the entrance to the fort, and you see the small settlement on the west side of the road. The road here is more busy, as groups of travelers and soldiers press on in both directions. About 200 yards north of the fort, a group of heavily armored dwarves passes your group, headed in the opposite direction. Their leader speaks up: Well met, weary travelers. I am Bazâr Galad of the Shâran clan. Do you come from the north? What hear you on the state of Terian's Pass?
Brok realizes this might be just the opportunity he was looking for. He steps forward to respond to the dwarven commander, a serious look on his visage. After a salute of respect, he quickly debriefs him.

"Nothing good, as it turns out, Commander Galad," the young agent relays. "The enemy has already come through Terian's pass, burning, pillaging and taking prisoners as they go. We've just arrived from the old abandoned temple west of here, the one northeast of the Klemnock Forest on the hill across the Newiron Road, on a mission for the governor. There were Red Blade soldiers and spies there all right, both human and orcish! We did what little we could... killed near two dozen of them and made our escape with a freed prisoner and what we hope to be some valuable intel about the Red Blade and perhaps even enemy troop movements...

"It's our intention to relay this information to the commanders of the fort and then the governor and mayor back in Craldash, post haste. After that? Perhaps rallying a well equipped force to return to the temple for an armed sortie. We know by way of interrogation of one of their number that they were expecting Red Blade reinforcements at any time..."

The young agent says nothing further yet, waiting to see if he's peaked the interests of the dwarf commander.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#374 Post by rredmond »

Nunyet nods in agreement to what Brok is saying.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#375 Post by ToniXX »

It is now Day 7 (11 Delian), 12:40pm

Commander Galad strokes his beard as he digests the info offered up by Brok. His men shift on their feet, as if ready to fight. The commander speaks I know of that temple. It is said that the garrison you fought was there for a special reason, something outside the bounds of simply invading Ardun. Did you enter the temple itself? Zevorond farmers west of the temple have reported undead raids on their plots of land and villages, something they have never seen in all their years on the plain. He pauses and paces before the party. Something is definitely not right at that temple. Was it lady Geth who sent you on the mission? If so, you're in luck, as she's currently meeting with the fort commander right behind these walls. He motions with his thumb at Fort Korgurand behind him.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#376 Post by onlyme »

Veneficus takes in the information, wondering how the lady will accept the results of their adventure.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#377 Post by Computer +1 »

Yarl listens to the exchanges but doesnt say much. He is tired and his multiple cuts ache. He perks up a bit at the mention that their patron is here. Thoughts of payday enter his head and he almost smiles.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#378 Post by Alethan »

Francisco listens to the conversation and raises an eyebrow at the mention of their patron being nearby.

"Something tells me we're going to be heading back to that temple," he quietly mutters to himself.

"Well let's go see what she has to say, then," he adds more loudly. "Thank you for the information, Commander!"

Francisco begins walking towards the fort so Brok can make their report to Lady Geth.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#379 Post by ravenn4544 »

Kurn nods in agreement that Brok should deliver the report.

Return to “Incursion into Newiron - OSRIC”