OOC Thread

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Thread

#221 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#222 Post by Rukellian »

onlyme wrote:Whitsell's level rolls were pretty sweet...
fighter level (need to divide by two) [1d10+2] = 10+2 = 12

cleric level d8 need to divide by two: [1d8+2] = 8+2 = 10

So, will add 11...
Awesome rolls indeed!
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by tooleychris »

Don't forget us! :D
Amber HAS to be a level 4 healer by now! :)
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by tooleychris »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Rand gives the archer an equal stare, "Can't really call me a thief if I've never stolen anything now can you? The whole issue earlier today was a misunderstanding, and I opted that fleeing was better than being attacked by some towns person in haste..."
What's he going to say?
"Oh, haha, Yup. Guilty as charged."
He's a thief! Shoot! Kill Kill KILL! :lol:

love ya, Monkey. ;)
MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Lol, truly a thief is a life of struggle

I am fond of you too Tooley ;) 8-)
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#226 Post by Rukellian »

I will have an update for you guys tuesday morning, if things go alright on my end.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by onlyme »

does whitsell (or anyone for that matter) have time to hit the stores before this happens? or are they still down at the docks?
Whitsell wouldnt mind trying to see if the jeweler might be desparate of giddy enough to offer some cheap and/or free merchandise since they are leaving anyway...
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by Rukellian »

There will be time for such activities. Everyone at this point can start finishing up anything they wan to do before leaving this fabricated realm they are in. From the way things have been explained, it will most likely be a one-way ticket, though some of the townsfolk are not aware of this.

For those who would like to tie up any loose ends in this fashion, you can use the side events thread.
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#229 Post by tooleychris »

Tie up AmberLynn? :twisted:
onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#230 Post by onlyme »

its funny how in some games, the rolls are mostly good, and in other games, I have almost always bad ones...
(referenced in case of ironic change of luck starting now...)

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by tooleychris »

I'm taking a well earned, long awaited vacation this week. I'll still be making posts but maybe not as regularly.
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by Rukellian »

You enjoy your vacation Tooley! I know I will enjoy mine (which is coming up soon).
Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by Rukellian »

Back from my vacation guys, sorry to keep you all waiting! I will have an update for you all either later tonight or sometime tomorrow.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#234 Post by Zhym »

Rukellian wrote:
Grognardsw wrote:"That's a strange fog out there, around the gathering below," Deceidon points out.

(How many feet away is the fog? How many feet up is the window from the ground?)
The castle is built high, the window you are peering from being about 100 meters from the ground, or roughly 109 yards/328 feet. The castle is the just north of the of the center of the city, about 2 miles distance/3520 yards away. The fog is drifting over the center of the city at that distance. There are no building close by to jump onto, the only structures within the castle's walls being an odd shed or stables for storage and horses.

The castle walls come up about 25 meters/ 82 feet/ 27 yards and are 40 meters/ 131 feet/ 48 yards from the castle in distance.

I apologize if these measurements were a bit unrealistic, but I have a horrible time estimating distances and measurements in my head, let alone judging it by sight.
Just a bit unrealistic, yes. :)

For comparison: The tallest spire of Neuschwanstein Castle is 65 meters tall. The tallest castles of England are between 30 and 40 meters tall. And that's to the tops of the towers—windows would be lower, of course, and windows in non-tower sections of castles would be even lower.

Castle walls are typically 10-15 meters high.

Even the fictional Castle Ravenloft, which is absurdly tall, is only 110 meters at its highest peak.

Also: two miles away, huh? Deceidon has amazingly good eyes if he can spot people gathering in a market square two miles away. :D
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by tooleychris »

Eh. Thats why its called fantast roleplaying. :)
How high was thw white tower overlooking Minas Tirith?
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#236 Post by Zhym »

According to this link, 50 fathoms (300 feet): http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Tower_of_Ecthelion
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by tooleychris »

Yeah but it rested on the 7th (?) Tier of the city which was much higher.
Fine. :)
The tower ITSELF wasn't as tall as I thought...:)
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#238 Post by Zhym »

Was the castle group fighting on top of one of the towers? ;)
tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#239 Post by tooleychris »

Ha! Tolkien reference #2.
Barad-dûr the Dark Tower is depicted as being over 1500 meters (5,000 feet) tall.
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#240 Post by Zhym »

Tolkien was a linguist, not an architect. ;)

Anyway, Tolkien was vague about the tower's height; it's only extrapolations that lead to estimates of it being 1,000-5,000 feet tall.

If Rukellian is going for fantastically outsized, well done. If he's wanting something a bit more realistic (and his post sounded like he might be), I thought a comparison to real-world castles might be useful.

Return to “Fabricator of Planes: a Rukellian Module”