Acadie Day 4

Hvalreki
Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

Acadie Day 4

#1 Post by Hvalreki »

Old habits die hard and it's not yet sunrise as the Travellers pick over the remains of their breakfast and plan out their 4th day on Acadie.

Jako and Becky will stay at work on the electronics and patching up the last of the relays and faults which will complete the repairs the crew is able to do on their own.

Easy recalls they are on a spy ship and plans to spend the day spying on the spies to see what can be learned if anything. He shares the monotonous duty with Gabe, Ted, and Piotr in one hour shifts.

Screwface should be back by 08:00 to continue working on the drives and getting the Engineering MCB back on-line and able to engage the drives. He hasn't looked at or been shown the Aux power yet. If you want it repaired

Ty is planning an intelligence gathering mission while gathering replenishments for the consumables, life support and replacement parts. If he wants to file a flight plan and post cargo slots the Perfect Stranger will need to announce a destination and departure date.

Some Admin.

Not including the rest of this 7 day week the Stranger has one week of supplies, spares and underway life support for her full complement of 14 staterooms. She has enough fuel for two weeks main plant operation but needs fueling before she can jump.

Operating Costs:
Life Support (including food, consumables) 2000 per occupied stateroom, 2x for double occupancy per week

Fuel
Aux Power: 8 Tons (currently full)
Main Tankage: 50 Tons - supports 4 weeks power plant & main drive operations and one 1 jump 1.
Modular Fuel Cargo: 4 x @ 40 tons. If used for fuel each allows an additional jump 1

Salaries
While the Travellers are currently under contract with Hortalez et Cie any crew they hire must be paid at standard rates.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Acadie Day 4

#2 Post by Eris »

While at breakfast Jacko comments, "It might be a good idea to cultivate some of the Pinkwater folks. See if we can learn anything from them about what happened, is happening, and maybe get a heads up from them if something is about to go down."

"You know they must gather somewhere off duty to drink and carouse, a local bar, probably. Some of us might happen to visit such a bar and see if we can strike up a conversation with them. Buy a round of drinks, share some stories, maybe even grease a palm or two if it comes to that."

"Does that sound like a good idea?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Thumper »

"Does that sound like a good idea?"
Yes, it does. Maybe the Starport has opened up by now? Don't know. I'll find out shortly. I'll go to the stores and request delivery of the needed consumables and fuel, then the offices to inquire about the situation on/off port, then I'll go hit up people at the starport cafes or food vendors. I'll look for anybody with knowledge of previous events at the ship, who owns the van and how does it get on the starport, and last what the general situation is off port. While I'm out, I'll also make personal inquiries about potential cargo consignments back to Amondiage.

Anybody want something while I'm out?

Streetwise [2d6+1]=5+1=6, [2d6+1]=8+1=9, [2d6+1]=5+1=6

Admin [2d6+2]=6+2=8
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by Eris »

"If I wasn't working on the Electronics I'd go with you, but I am." says Jacko, "But you shouldn't go alone. We don't know what dangers there are, but there is a missing crew to consider, as well as somebody keeping an eye on us."

Jacko looks around the table, "So, if somebody isn't too busy with repairs right now, could you tag along with Ty? With two you can watch each other's backs. Can't do that with only one."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun
subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#5 Post by subaltari »

Gabe hears his cue. "Sure ting. Ted can cover my next monitor shift, if we get back late," he smiles.

He straps on his silenced pistol in a shoulder holster, under his H&C jacket, and pockets his multitool before joining Ty on the sociable errands.
Last edited by subaltari on Fri May 24, 2024 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Thumper »

Ty wears his jacket with a synthetic mesh liner. He drops his silenced pistol in its deep pocket within the right hip pocket and outside of the mesh. It is closed with a magnetic clasp (offering quick retrieval or ability to shoot through a food in the jacket.).
subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by subaltari »

Thumper wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:30 pmability to shoot through a food in the jacket.
Shooting through food, now that's some high tech Traveller stuff :lol:
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Spearmint »

Easy recalls they are on a spy ship and plans to spend the day spying on the spies to see what can be learned if anything. He shares the monotonous duty with Gabe, Ted, and Piotr in one hour shifts.
Would think to cover two to three-hour periods ideally, otherwise you can't stray too far since your next duty might come up quickly.

How much spying can we actually achieve? It might be worth widening our covert listening to include the Starport also?
Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by Thumper »

I’ve had first-hand experience with strokes in the family. Very happy to hear your mom’s infarct was aborted (reversed). Quick treatment is crucial! And bless you for taking good care for her.

One should never have to apologize for real-life interfering with the game…especially these types of life events!

Still with you at whatever speed you can get to.
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Eris »

Thumper wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:03 pm I’ve had first-hand experience with strokes in the family. Very happy to hear your mom’s infarct was aborted (reversed). Quick treatment is crucial! And bless you for taking good care for her.

One should never have to apologize for real-life interfering with the game…especially these types of life events!

Still with you at whatever speed you can get to.
Not really on the subject...
Yeah, my Mom went through a series of mini strokes over a several year period slowly piling up damage which I think lead to the heart attacks that almost killed her. She survived them...barely...and then she started to decline mentally. Eventually, 7 years later, they say it was Alzheimer's that finally got her. Her body made it to 100, her brain really only made it to 98.

I hope they caught it quickly for Hvalreki's Mom and she completely recovers.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: OOC

#11 Post by subaltari »

Eris wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:36 amthey say it was Alzheimer's that finally got her. Her body made it to 100, her brain really only made it to 98.

Mine has a similar story, TIS (mini-strokes) and a bout of Lyme disease contributed to her memory loss. Brain is 81/body 88 and still going strong.

Hang in there, Hval!
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Spearmint »

Aziz 'Easy' Schmidt

Will make up the engineering and mechanical duties with our hired hand. What does his crew, Capt Jandala plan on next? Return to Amondiage, haul cargo elsewhere? Maybe we can combine cargo runs once we get airborne.

Anyway, pressing on with fixing stuff for a few hours.

Colonel Aziz 'Easy' Schmidt: Mechanics [2d6+3]=4+3=7Colonel Aziz 'Easy' Schmidt: Mechanics [2d6+3]=4+3=7
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by Eris »

I think today is the day the Electronic's work is completed. Jako will get on with that!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Thumper
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by Thumper »

Ty is out for the day sifting for info as previously stated. Have Gabe joined him.

**Edited**
Last edited by Thumper on Wed Jun 12, 2024 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
subaltari
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by subaltari »

Thumper wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:54 pmTy is out for the day sifting for info as previously stated. Have joined him.
Gabe is accompanying Ty for safety and companionship on his errands. Not sure if that's what you meant to type.

Return to “Repo Men (Classic Traveller)”