Fae Kingdom, Restored

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Fae Kingdom, Restored

#1 Post by tibbius »

tibbius wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:37 pm I'm working on a re-boot / re-imagination of Avalon Hill's Magic Realm. I would like some people to play test it.

I have designed over 30 games in the past few years. Mostly variations on Maze Rats or 2400, but also some really original stuff. People seem to like playing the games I write - I have lots of repeat customers on DTRPG.

This game is one of the original ones. It's inspired by Magic Realm, and hopefully will feel familiar, but it's different in many significant ways.

Some features:
- a blissful faery queen's market place, where the unwary can be trapped forever;
- a grim and boding faery king's fortress, hard to access, but ...;
- five distinct villages;
- five distinct forests;
- five distinct heaths;
- five distinct mountains;
- five distinct caverns;
- six different categories of magical songs;
- a streamlined dice-pool combat system with discarded dice (mashup of original Magic Realm chit system with @scarik's advanced Chainmail system);
- saving throws using dice of various sizes (thanks for this idea as well, @scarik);
- distinct rules for magic, missiles, melee, and other stuff (NO unified theory here);
- sixteen distinct (pre-gen) characters to play.

Any interest?
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Fae Kingdom, Restored

#2 Post by cybersavant »

not familiar with it, but could give it s shot
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

DM - Wrath of the Righteous (PF1)
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Fae Kingdom, Restored

#3 Post by tibbius »

Here is a link to the partly-completed rules: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WGCoNt ... zNxx6/view.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Looking for players or games”