On Your Steel Shore: 2400 Inner System Blues + Project Ikaros + Resistors

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

On Your Steel Shore: 2400 Inner System Blues + Project Ikaros + Resistors

#1 Post by tibbius »

Hi. I'm looking for a few people who'd like to play lo-fi sci-fi using Jason Tocci's 2400 rule set.

To give you a feel for what might come, the game will open in a busy shipping yard. Your characters should be connected with at least one of the following:

- Aurora, a wealthy and anxious collector of unique items (she has a partly-full warehouse in the shipping yard)
- Officer Zigby, an overly-calm patrolman from the 5th Precinct and a shot caller in the Dabblers police gang (in Project Ikaros terms, they are 'agitators') (he is currently "patrolling" the shipping yard)
- Demby, a rough-joking loader jockey in the shipping yard (is they just a loader jockey?)
- Agent Kim, a kind-hearted pyro who is an operative of Project Ikaros (she also is in the shipping yard ... but why?)

The Inner Systems Blues, Project Ikaros, and Resistors rules all will be in effect and you are welcome to build a character from any of those three zines.

I'll add that the 2400 rules are well-suited for play by post. Once GM and players have agreed on the risk associated with a situation and proposed action, one or two dice are rolled to determine whether the player(s) avoid the risk. It's assumed that player actions succeed, unless the risk would definitely prevent that happening.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: On Your Steel Shore: 2400 Inner System Blues + Project Ikaros + Resistors

#2 Post by shaidar »

What kind of update rate were you thinking of?
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by tibbius »

I'm thinking a few times a week at most.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by shaidar »

Colour me interested

:cool:
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by tibbius »

I'm thinking that ONE is not enough to run a compelling or survivable game in this setting. Thank you for your interest, though. It's always fun to play with you.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by shaidar »

I think your right, unfortunately.

No problems, maybe next time :)

Return to “Looking for players or games”