Out of Character discussions.

Bluetongue
Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Out of Character discussions.

#1 Post by Bluetongue »

Hello Players!

Thank you for your interest and commitment, I trust we can create a fun and challenging game together.

I have added all of you to the game profile so you can now post in the threads, albeit only in this one presently. It would be helpful to acknowledge you can actually access the game so please make a post here.

This is your forum to ask any questions. I will add a Character Creation guide too and am currently scripting the Spire Arcology and world setting backgrounds.

To start with, the Campaign ID: is 1025.

I can supply a pdf of the Spire: the City must Fall for those who do not own a hardback copy.

I would appreciate each player creating a character in the Dice Roller linked to the campaign so that rolls may be linked too. I will have a thread out for Character Sheets and trust that each player will be able to edit any ability changes, advances, skills, resistances, keeping on top of personal admin relating to their player character. We might just end up using the Notes section for most information and the front page for a casual glance at current stats. I might create a few NPC's of different classes to use as examples as though I can locate editable Spire: character sheets online, I am not able to get one that can be easily imported into the forum here.

I am sure there will be lots of questions. Just bear with me as I arrange the forum threads but feel free to post any questions, comments or indeed advice here.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Out of Character discussions.

#2 Post by Stirling »

I can access the game. I will read the pdf character creation. I am leaning towards choosing a Bound or Knight class to keep things simple for a first go.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Spearmint »

Ok, you convinced me with the messages. Like Stirling I will check the classes.

It might be once the scenes are set, the classes choose themselves, whether we have a High or Low society focus or operate in a particular crime or religion dominated area. I do favour some form of priestly class though looking at the skills, most can initiate magic or the gods in some form.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Stirling »

I followed your link to the editable character sheet and produced one.

Agrippo Tsaridian: drow Knight.

https://nboughton.uk/apps/spire-sheet/#/

I transcribed stuff into a Dice Roller sheet here:
Sure we can have a thread separate for character sheets that we can edit continually.

I have decided to play it simple and go for a Knight class character who randomly served his Durance as an acolyte which plays a bit different to a usual guard/enlisted type. But I was thinking that since the Knights wish to eventually redeem and restore their Knightly Orders, that having some religion understanding so we become more paladin like rather than brawlers might be a good character arc to roleplay with.

Bizarre random thoughts as I read the Spire pdf. Ten years ago, one of my very first characters in the Ravenloft game was a brawling, tavern loving, Spartan type who armed wrestled Grognardsw's paladin, cheating to win by tickling his balls under the table. I named my Drow Knight after both characters.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by Bluetongue »

Looks great. Be good to include a pic and I will put up a Character Sheets thread.

I think the NBroughton ones are being editable but linked to your personally, so when I hit that link it takes me to the NPC one I created. Ideally we can secure them, perhaps I will get admin to create a private thread each so that you have that security and I can duplicate them to keep a cross referencing copy.

Certainly make a Dice Roller copy and we will use the roller to resolve checks and stress damage or fallout applications.

Great effort, thanks Stirling.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#6 Post by Bluetongue »

Hi players. Thanks for patience. Easter was very busy, especially with work in the prison.

I will be updating these threads over the next few days. Do ask any questions regarding character builds and setting. I will focus next updates in the Spire Arcology and specific districts and some Ministry background.

How are you guys doing reading through the pdf?

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Stirling »

Yes, fine. Take your time to script stuff and do ask questions or help yourself too. I can understand it is a big project in fleshing out a wider picture of the world then narrowing the focus so that we have a specific but still influential place in the society

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by Bluetongue »

Sorry for delay. I have been fielding some interest via private messages.

I have not forgotten the basics here and will use this weekend to add to the forum set up and background. Hope you can excuse if things look jumbled and I move posts around. This being my first attempt to run a pbp online rather than face to face where I can just set up a map, describe scenes and ask players what they do next. So bear with me and do ask any questions too.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Grognardsw »

My character sheet is posted. Titus Oranda should be a fun character to role-play, very different.
Stirling wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:54 am Bizarre random thoughts as I read the Spire pdf. Ten years ago, one of my very first characters in the Ravenloft game was a brawling, tavern loving, Spartan type who armed wrestled Grognardsw's paladin, cheating to win by tickling his balls under the table. I named my Drow Knight after both characters.
That goes back a ways. Vorkath Tsaridian, the Faith Hunter, Guardian of the Truth, the Sword of the True God. I vaguely recall the Spartan refused healing, and I used the arm wrestling as a means of physical contact so as to lay hands and heal. :lol:

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Bluetongue »

Great, well those characters from years ago must have been memorable for sure. Hope we can generate other iconic persona.

I have added a couple of other interested players to the group profile which may round out the team very well if they do indeed join the game.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by Bluetongue »

Guys, I have to work this Bank Holiday, Monday 1st but the double time and day in lieu is worth it

I will add a bit more background today and iver the weekend and then once character classes and skills are sorted, I will set the opening scenes to begin next week.

We may have five total players in the rebellion cell which is a great number, thank you players for your support and interest. With the new inclusions, I will conclude the recruiting.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Spearmint »

Welcome Hvalreki, a Midwife! Great RP choice.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Grognardsw »

If Oranda gets pregnant, she'll know who to go to :lol:

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by Hvalreki »

Thanks for the welcome! This looks like an interesting game setting. I’m looking forward to see how things unfold. (Titus could be pregnant and the father! )

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Urson »

i haven't spoken up yet. Hi, all. I'm still bashing away at a character- a Firebrand named Lum. When I've got him transcribed to the Die Roller character sheet format (Thanks for posting that, BTW), I'll get it submitted.
FA FO

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by Bluetongue »

Sorry for delay guys. I had to take a few days to look after Ma.

Right, great characters created, great players! I will set some Spire district backgrounds and look to gather everyone together for an opening scene, meeting your Ministry cell Magister and going over mission briefs.

I am going to set some private forums up. I think that might be helpful for everyone too.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Spearmint »

Hope you are well. I got your note in the Barrowmaze game. Sure things will work out.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by Bluetongue »

Sorry, my absence was work related. I work as a civilian contractor in a prison teaching forklift & MHE skills to offenders before they are released. Recently my company suffered some staff loss after one was embroiled in a prisoner conflict. So I had to cover his teaching shifts plus my other contracts, which has meant 10 or even 13 hour days each week plus trying to find another tutor who can instruct.

It will be like this at least another week until a colleague can step up. Though Bank holiday weekend may afford me some time.

Apologies I had planned to start at the beginning of May and now, June looks more realistic. Hope you guys are fine and still with me.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Spearmint »

Good to know. Glad you are well with the stress and stuff. I used the time to read up on the Spire pdf you posted and watch some Youtube live plays to see how this might pan out.

No worries for me.

Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by Hvalreki »

No worries at all. "Work happens" :D

I'm still in whenever you're ready and able.

Cheers!

Return to “Spire: The Resistance (Spire: The City Must Fall)”