Character Generation

Tamerlaine
Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

Character Generation

#1 Post by Tamerlaine »

The Campaign # is 967

We will be using the Labyrinth Lord Advanced Edition rules. For chargen purposes I will not be using any other supplements/resources than what is in the ruleset as I am unaware of any such material.

For Stats go to the Unseen Servant Dice Roller and roll 3d6 six times. Roll a second set and keep the best set. Assign to Taste -- If you want to assign them in order, go right ahead. Post your rolls here on this thread. I don’t like to audit player rolls but I occasionally will at random or when circumstances warrant. Only those rolls after this one are allowed.

Character Classes

No multiclassing.

No Assassins and no Monks. I look down unfavorably on Paladins and while I won’t stop anyone from playing one provided you have the prerequisites to play it, you must first convince me you are capable of playing the class properly.

Hit Points: Roll regularly for your class. Re-roll if your result is a 1 or 2.

This is all I have for now and it is enough to get you started.
Last edited by Tamerlaine on Sun May 01, 2022 11:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mica
Runner
Runner

Re: Character Generation

#2 Post by Mica »

Hey all, super excited!
Here are my rolls for my stats. Tamerlaine, are we allowed to place the numbers where we wish? Or is the first number strength, second number Dex, etc? Because I'd really love to play a magic-user, but if it's the latter, I'll probably go for a fighter.
Thanks

[3d6]=16, [3d6]=11, [3d6]=15, [3d6]=11, [3d6]=10, [3d6]=12

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by kwll »

Made my initial 2 stat rolls as follows:

They both amount to approximately the same total, but I like the first set better.

I am also curious to know how scores must be attributed to abilities...
Last edited by kwll on Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by Tamerlaine »

Mica wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:50 am Hey all, super excited!
Here are my rolls for my stats. Tamerlaine, are we allowed to place the numbers where we wish? Or is the first number strength, second number Dex, etc? Because I'd really love to play a magic-user, but if it's the latter, I'll probably go for a fighter.
Thanks

[3d6]=16, [3d6]=11, [3d6]=15, [3d6]=11, [3d6]=10, [3d6]=12
You get to roll twice for your stats, pick the set you want to keep. I amended my post above about placement of Stat scores.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by Tamerlaine »

kwll wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:39 pmI am also curious to know how scores must be attributed to abilities...
Amended my initial post to clarify this.

Mica
Runner
Runner

#6 Post by Mica »

Cool, ok, thanks!
It sounds like you want me to post both sets.
So I was trying to figure out how macros work, and for my first set, I ended up rolling each stat one at a time. Then I got it figured out and rolled two more sets, but I disregarded the third roll. My apologies for the confusion and for rolling three times, but I'm new to macros. Won't happen again.
My first:

And my second (what I'm going with):

Mica
Runner
Runner

#7 Post by Mica »

Damn I'm getting good rolls :)
Hit points =

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Spearmint »

Spearmint

My currently unnamed, unclassed character of unknown race.

Spearmint's LL character: starring abilities randomly assigned: 1st roll [3d6]=11[3d6]=11[3d6]=12[3d6]=4[3d6]=9[3d6]=9

Spearmint's LL character: starring abilities randomly assigned: 2nd roll [3d6]=12[3d6]=8[3d6]=5[3d6]=14[3d6]=15[3d6]=10

Edited: maybe I can squeeze a playable halfling fighter in that but with such low hp, don't actually expect much fighting from him.

Spiridon's starting hp [1d8]=2

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Spearmint »

Hello Tamerlaine.

I rolled the standard HD but the AEC offers an optional array. Are you using those and would you consider awarding max hp at 1st level?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Spearmint »

Here is a first edit waiting for approval.

Spiridon. A halfling by race and Armourer by trade, he is up for adventure.
Attachments
Spiridon. Halfling fighter
Spiridon. Halfling fighter
71090b95b006d142f2f1382ac69ab833.jpg (46.59 KiB) Viewed 557 times

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

@ Mica: Most likely it will happen again. I have used the macro for a while and I just did this:

:lol: :roll:

Here was go again. Unnamed, classless, raceless character:

Which is ridiculously the same. :lol: I'll take set 2 and make a cleric. Maybe a Lawful evil.

Mica
Runner
Runner

#12 Post by Mica »

I have used the macro for a while and I just did this:
Oooh, that's rough 😖

Tamerlaine, how do you handle infravision? Can elves just see in the dark or do they need a light source? For instance, when I'm DMing, I only give PCs with infravision the ability to detect movement and heat.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Stirling »

Maybe a Lawful evil.
Really? You might find yourself adventuring alone.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Stirling »

You describe the worship of certain deities who, as in the example of Syldina below, favour certain weapon types.

How does that align with LL AEC rules in cleric class which prohibits clerics using edged or pointed weapons such as a spear or bow?

Syldina (Timereach)
Demi-God (Heroine) of the Northern Wilderness
Neutral Good
Symbol: Spear with severed head of a man
Syldina appears as a tall, redheaded shield-maiden armed with a spear and a stoic gaze. Like Herne the Hunter, Syldina was a worshipper and the chosen of Silvanus in life. Upon sacrificing herself in a great battle against overwhelming odds, she was called upon to serve the Green Man in the afterlife. She champions the Northern Wilderness and its peoples. Archers, and those who hunt and range across the far forests of the Northern Reaches, also worship Syldina. Her symbol is a spear with feathers or the severed head of a man attached at the base.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by Tamerlaine »

Spearmint wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:07 pm Hello Tamerlaine.

I rolled the standard HD but the AEC offers an optional array. Are you using those and would you consider awarding max hp at 1st level?
I decided to have everyone re-roll 1s and 2s for starting HP, should they wish to. Amended the rule above.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by Tamerlaine »

Mica wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:31 pm Tamerlaine, how do you handle infravision? Can elves just see in the dark or do they need a light source? For instance, when I'm DMing, I only give PCs with infravision the ability to detect movement and heat.
Elves can only see in the dark above ground by using ambient light. Dwarves can only see variations in heat and movement, but with little detail. Does this work? I don’t want to get into the minutiae that been argued ad nauseum for decades.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by Tamerlaine »

Spearmint wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:04 am Here is a first edit waiting for approval.

Spiridon. A halfling by race and Armourer by trade, he is up for adventure.
Looks good. APPROVED

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#18 Post by Tamerlaine »

Stirling wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:51 pm You describe the worship of certain deities who, as in the example of Syldina below, favour certain weapon types.

How does that align with LL AEC rules in cleric class which prohibits clerics using edged or pointed weapons such as a spear or bow?
Fair question. I would just try to find a middle ground between the two and so I’ll rule that clerics of Syldina can use the spear in addition to those used by the class.

Mica
Runner
Runner

#19 Post by Mica »

Does this work? I don’t want to get into the minutiae that been argued ad nauseum for decades.
Perfect! Thanks

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I rolled a background (Baker) and opted for Bormanis, instead.
Tamerlaine wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:07 am
Stirling wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:51 pm You describe the worship of certain deities who, as in the example of Syldina below, favour certain weapon types.

Fair question. I would just try to find a middle ground between the two and so I’ll rule that clerics of Syldina can use the spear in addition to those used by the class.
Stirling, are you thinking of playing a cleric? If so which deity? (Despite my comment earlier, I was also looking at Syldana.)
Last edited by Rusty Tincanne on Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Highfell: The Drifting Dungeon (LL)”