OOC II

thirdkingdom
thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

OOC II

#1 Post by thirdkingdom »

Here is the new OOC thread for the revitalized Brave New World game. Please don't forget to subscribe.

~~~~~~

Old players, how would you like to proceed? The party has just defeated a relatively large force of orcs, apparently in league with a dragon of some sort dwelling to the west of Draea (the village of the ironfolk). I was thinking of advancing the game perhaps two weeks or so -- not so much that existing plot hooks are rendered moot, but not so quickly that it doesn't make sense as a transition.

I guess another question would be where would you like your base of operations to be? It started in Junction, but you have recently been using Alice as a launching point. Rheas Ford, the largest city in the region, is also an option, although it is far from any border. There is also the smaller mountain community of Bastion, halfway between Alice and Rhea's Ford.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC II

#2 Post by VonAlric »

I refer back to this post (viewtopic.php?p=486692#p486692) for what I was originally thinking we should do. The post just above that one has the most comprehensive list of things to do and activities we can engage in. From the last set of posts, we had given thought to trying to find a human village to the west of the orcs. I guess I would need to know what hex the orcs we routed were in.

Also, Goshawk and some others were right in the middle of exploring some tomb as he was catching up to the main group.

I thought our new rep was moving up towards Alice and Madame Fleur was moving to Rhea's Ford but it has been too long since that occurred and I have not scoured the posts for that yet. I think we were making a base in Alice and temporarily hanging out with the ironskins in Draea.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by shaidar »

Two weeks seems reasonable, if we are going up against a dragon it would make sense to regroup with Goshawks group and maybe look around to find some help ;)

I think we would have tried to find the village the orcs raided, although I'd be happy if that was just summarised for the two week jump.
I thought our new rep was moving up towards Alice and Madame Fleur was moving to Rhea's Ford but it has been too long since that occurred and I have not scoured the posts for that yet. I think we were making a base in Alice and temporarily hanging out with the ironskins in Draea.
This is how I remember it.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by thirdkingdom »

VonAlric wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:36 am I refer back to this post (viewtopic.php?p=486692#p486692) for what I was originally thinking we should do. The post just above that one has the most comprehensive list of things to do and activities we can engage in. From the last set of posts, we had given thought to trying to find a human village to the west of the orcs. I guess I would need to know what hex the orcs we routed were in.

Also, Goshawk and some others were right in the middle of exploring some tomb as he was catching up to the main group.

It was a pretty bog standard tomb. What I'm likely to do is just handwave the exploration of the tomb and distribute some XP and gold to the old PCs for dealing with loose ends. I'll also likely give you guys a chance to recruit any retainers from those PCs that aren't coming back, if you're interested.

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by The_Wanderer »

thirdkingdom wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:05 pm It was a pretty bog standard tomb. What I'm likely to do is just handwave the exploration of the tomb and distribute some XP and gold to the old PCs for dealing with loose ends. I'll also likely give you guys a chance to recruit any retainers from those PCs that aren't coming back, if you're interested.
Yeah, Goshawk clearly would have survived. :wink:

I think if you're going to speed up time, it makes sense to just put all characters and retainers in Draea after the battle and we can disperse from there. So 2 weeks sounds about right. As far as planning goes - I think it still makes sense to hunt down the green dragon named Burnnkenkrayn although I get it if we want to wait a little still.

There's also this which seems nearby:
--The Fane of Laingal is the burial place of an ancient king, west of Draea. viewtopic.php?p=456870#p456870

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by thirdkingdom »

The_Wanderer wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:16 pm
thirdkingdom wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:05 pm It was a pretty bog standard tomb. What I'm likely to do is just handwave the exploration of the tomb and distribute some XP and gold to the old PCs for dealing with loose ends. I'll also likely give you guys a chance to recruit any retainers from those PCs that aren't coming back, if you're interested.
Yeah, Goshawk clearly would have survived. :wink:

I think if you're going to speed up time, it makes sense to just put all characters and retainers in Draea after the battle and we can disperse from there. So 2 weeks sounds about right. As far as planning goes - I think it still makes sense to hunt down the green dragon named Burnnkenkrayn although I get it if we want to wait a little still.

There's also this which seems nearby:
--The Fane of Laingal is the burial place of an ancient king, west of Draea. viewtopic.php?p=456870#p456870
Draea would be a good place, as well, since Rex looks to be going with a dervish, from Kimrid. Leitz's character could have traveled north from the Principality.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by shaidar »

All sounds good to me.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rex »

What is the campaign ID? Just for linking my sheet to since you do the rolling.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by shaidar »

Welcome to Rex and Leitz!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rex »

Thanks shaidar!

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Leitz »

shaidar wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:16 pm Welcome to Rex and Leitz!
Thanks! Have we met before? :lol:

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by thirdkingdom »

Rex wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:11 pm What is the campaign ID? Just for linking my sheet to since you do the rolling.
So, I actually really dislike the US Sheets. I've got a blank sheet in the Character section you can quote, copy the code, and paste in your character post: viewtopic.php?f=783&t=8514#top

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rex »

OK, will do.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by VonAlric »

Glad to have you in another game, Rex. Didn't you GM the Blueholme game in Harn?

Welcome in to you as well, Leitz! You are getting into a most interesting game.
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Rex »

I did VonAlric. It was a fun game. I have been contemplating running another game but haven't taken the time I want to commit to it.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Leitz »

VonAlric wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:06 pmWelcome in to you as well, Leitz! You are getting into a most interesting game.
Thank you! I've gamed with a few of the folks here, and it's always fun. The setting and background look good, and what I've been able to read of the interactions has been interesting. I'm hoping life slows down a little for me, so I can read more and join in well.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by thirdkingdom »

Logistics

The original adventurers -- Feargus, Gardo, and Newton -- have just defeated a large band of orcs they suspect to be working for a green dragon, lairing somewhere to the west of Draea (see area outlined in red on the below map). Upon returning to Draea (Hex 236.124), Sumer and Zellar decided they had other goals for life that did not include being eaten by a dragon, and left their companions. Before leaving, the remaining companions have a chance to recruit Zellar's retainers, should they so choose (see the topic labeled "Zellar's Henchmen").

In the meanwhile, Goshawk and the others cleared a small barrow that had caught their eye earlier and defeated the undead guardians within, before returning to Draea and the ironskins.

*The 3 main PCs earn 5,000 XP and 2,500 gp each.
*The retainers earn 2,500 XP and 1,250 gp each.
Maknor and the green dragon.png
Maknor and the green dragon.png (158.27 KiB) Viewed 744 times

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by shaidar »

8-)

So Wilter and Toma are now both 2nd level. Are you happy for me to update their sheets and make any changes to align them with Into the Wilds?

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by thirdkingdom »

shaidar wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:07 pm 8-)

So Wilter and Toma are now both 2nd level. Are you happy for me to update their sheets and make any changes to align them with Into the Wilds?
Yeah go ahead. I'll get you hp rolls.

~~~~~

That's a great point. I will allow existing PCs to make changes to their characters and retainers Knacks and skills to bring them inline with the current write-ups in ItW (if you have a Knack or skill you'd like to change this would be a good time to do it). If you don't have the book there's a free (unformatted) advance preview on Drivethru that should be pretty close to being done.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Leitz »

I grabbed the ItW advance preview. Where do I find spell lists for clerics?

Return to “A Brave New World (OSE)”