Quest #34 "The Search For The Ruined Tower”

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #34 "The Search For The Ruined Tower”

#921 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel

"Oh, Darklin! He's very badly wounded!" Without adding anything else, the female elven cleric jumps out of the carpet and rushes towards the fallen arcane fighter. She kneels next to him and mutters a prayer while laying her hands on his wounds.

Cure Light Wounds: [1d8]=3

Cure Light Wounds: [1d8]=1
F*** you, dice roller, seriously.
"I could either heal him completely or save my last prayer to get us water."

She stands up and looks at the barbarian in front of her. "Thank you, Amun, for defending our friends. We've made the wasp riders flee more than once, but they won't learn and they still keep coming back...

My name is Elnaerel of the Woods. I'm a priest to Ehlenestra, our Lady of the Forest. She has helped us on our way to a distant tower we were investigating further east, although two of our friends fell against a foul spectre called Assamuk, who still dwells the haunted place. We were lucky to leave. Now we're headed back to town, and don't plan on coming back until we're really prepared.

But, where's The Knife? He always disappears when there's danger. And what are you doing here of all places, and alone?"
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#922 Post by Paladin »

Keyon

Without taking his eyes from the newcomer, Keyon thumps the massive Keg on the shoulder. "There you go, mate," he says under his breath. "If anyone could give your enormous personage a run, there she is."

He chuckles and dips a bow to Amun. "A pleasure. I'm Keyon. The carpet will carry us, but only four at a time. That's...partly why we're in our current predicament. You see, we left two of our comrades here and went back to fetch the others. It seems the wasps were ready for such a move. But I thank you for aiding our friends."

Keyon glances down at Darklin. "Bless him. This one is determined to die. Come back to us, mate! We need all the firepower at our command to get out of here." He looks around for the odd gaseous cloud.

"Knife?" Keyon's brow furrows. "Our dimunitive comrade is a giant fart borne upon the sea breeze. Dust in the wind. Do any of you magical types know how to fix this?"
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#923 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"Well if he assumed gaseous form via spell or potion then it will have a time limit. Let us hope he is close to the ground when it expires" Turning to the new comer "Well met, thank you for your assistance." Finally to Elnaerel "We can figure out water, save Darklin."
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#924 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel

Elnaerel chuckles at Keyon's comments but is quickly reminded of their current situation by Feanol and kneels again next to the lying Darklin.

Cure Light Wounds: [1d8]=8
Yeaaah! Finally!
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#925 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

The Knife silently floats back to a spot amongst the rocks and grasses where he was previously hiding. He waits near the group until the potion expires.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#926 Post by sastaz »

Amun nods towards each of the strangers as they address her. She watches, curious but hesitant, as the priestess call upon divine powers to heal the fallen elf.

"She was abandoned here by lying shipmate, promised another journey. Now she will acompany gnome back to town, as part of their bond."

She thumps her fist against her breastplate.

"Priestess is powerful but should rightly fear the spectre. Blade of Amun will not kiss them, for that more powerful blade is needed, blessed by ancestors."

To Darklin

"Welcome back brother, you live to see another fight."
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#927 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel

The elf's expression shows concern as she hears Amun's story. "Well, that's really cruel, leaving someone on an island like that. You are a strong warrior, and I'm sure you can take care of yourself, but I think I speak for all when I say that you needn't be alone anymore here. You are free to come with us. You've proven already you're reliable and honourable." She cracks a faint smile at the end.

"And thanks, but my powers are actually not mine, but The Lady of the Forest's. She grants me the strength to do her bidding and she's helping us in our travels, supplying healing and water for us."

She looks at Darklin. "I hope you're feeling better?"
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#928 Post by Paladin »

Keyon

"Bugger," Keyon mutters playfully when he sees Darklin coming around. "Guess we'll hold off on divvying up his gear." He grins. "Welcome back to the land of the living. At least for another moment. I'm sure something else will try to kill us momentarily."
Last edited by Paladin on Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#929 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

In the rush of getting things settled she has forgotten she is mad at Keyon, and almost speaks to him. Remembering in the nick of time she turns her attention towards the new arrival. "Amun that is a good name. Where do you come from, and what shipmates marooned you here? That should be a good tale, and we can add them to the list that includes those damned dwarves, of those that need retribution. So you've met our Gnomish companion. Well, was he doing the talking or was it the knife? He's a good sort although he tends to disappear during combat."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#930 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I just need to slip in a quick update here. Please continue with the great RP!

Darklin Rising
Sunday, 28th of Goodmonth
Mid Morning, Sunny, Hot, Breezy

As the newcomer is questioned extensively, Elnaerel rushes over to heal the nearly dead Darklin before he slips away completely. It takes all three of her daily prayers, but the elf is eventually brought back to consciousness with most of his wounds healed. After nearly succumbing to death for the 12th time since he arrived here, he decides to remain quiet for a moment.

Keg looks both intrigued and terrified by the woman who calls herself Amun, but he too remains as silent as the dead.

Keyon and the ladies thank Amun for saving their friends, and for somehow showing up just in the nick of time. The warrior woman is accepted as a friend to the group, and even asked if she would like to join them on their return to town. She eyes the long decorative box that darklin was carrying, wondering what it might hold inside.

TK is once again nowhere to be seen, though Keyon thinks he saw a small yellow cloud wiggling its way through some tall grass behind a nearby rock.

Actions?

positions:
Keg Woodwright AC1 12/13
Keyon AC4 6/6
Elnaerel AC3 8/10 0/3
The Knife AC4* 2/5
Darklin Sylvanas AC4 6/8 1/1 CL, DM, RM
Feanol AC10 4/4 1/1 CL, DM, RM
Amun AC:4 9/13

overall map:
viewtopic.php?p=366477#p366477
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#931 Post by sastaz »

Amun

"Priestess is honorable. This one will follow her back to town."

To Feanol

"She comes from the Barren Lands, Mountains of Griff. Far away from here. She does not know the name of the captain, but if she meets him again he will tell her everything." She smiles wryly, like a cat.

"She found gnome in the tall grass hiding from the wasps. During battle it disappeared, Amun has not seen him since. She hopes it has not fallen from rocky cliffs".

Finally, she points at the decorated box next to Darklin.

"This is device from the gods? On this island, the gods have touched a lot of things. Amun not sure artifacts from gods can be trusted on this island."

She starts wiping off her daggers against her trousers.
Last edited by sastaz on Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#932 Post by Bluehorse »

Keg

Looking at the newcomer he shakes his head. Well, she helped, and we can't well leave her out here alone. She has my vote to come along.

Keg then checks the sky and the position of the sun. We have some time yet in the day to make some progress. I'm worried that wasp rider is off to tell his friends about this. You can bet they will be back. I can't shake the feeling they have been looking for us this whole time since the first group we met. Best we get moving soon and make their job a little harder.
Paladin
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#933 Post by Paladin »

Keyon

The elf grins. "Mhhm. Absolute power...or certain death. Why don't the rest of you take a plaque? Perhaps you'll be granted a wish and we can all get out of here alive." Keyon winks.

"Otherwise, we should get moving. Back to town for a rest, or exploring elsewhere?"
Last edited by Paladin on Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#934 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sorry everyone!

I screwed up and forgot that Feanol is actually carrying the box of plaques now.

She seems to be having a really hard time with them, too. (4 STR) :D
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#935 Post by Jernau35 »

The Knife

The Knife carries on lurking in the grass. He wonders if the potion will last long enough to get back to town, so he'll be safe if the wasps come back.

Then he wonders if the potion actually does wear off?
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#936 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Feanol

"Well we do have cover here and should be able to fight off another attack with all of us here, so I would think we should go back to what did work well previously. Which was moving at night and sitting tight during the heat of the day."
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#937 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Now Where?
Sunday, 28th of Goodmonth
Mid Morning, Sunny, Hot, Breezy

Once the group cleans up after the battle and starts to get to know the newcomer better, they all notice that gassy TK is still hovering over in the weeds. But everytime the gnome tries to float back out into the open, he starts to drift inland on the swift breezes again. It seems the party will have to come up with some way to transport the gnome cloud if they intend to head back now.

Keg suggests moving away from the wasps and closer to town right away, agreeing that Amun should accompany them back to civilization. Keyon points out the box of magic plaques that Feanol carries, urging anyone who hasn't already to try their luck. The slick elf wonders if they have time to do any further exploration before heading back.

Feanol wonders if they would be better off hiding from the relentless sun by staying here in some shade till later in the day. That might give TK the time he needs to recover.

Whatever they do, it looks like the group has some immediate decisions to make.

Actions?

positions:
Keg Woodwright AC1 12/13
Keyon AC4 6/6
Elnaerel AC3 8/10 0/3
The Knife AC4* 2/5
Darklin Sylvanas AC4 6/8 1/1 CL, DM, RM
Feanol AC10 4/4 1/1 CL, DM, RM
Amun AC:4 9/13

overall map:
viewtopic.php?p=366477#p366477
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#938 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel

"So, I would say..." She rubs her chin. "We wait in the shade of this tree [or trees?] until it gets less sunny, maybe The Knife is back into being himself again, and then we start walking.

We've covered a big distance already thanks to Keyon's carpet.

What do you say?"

How fast are we from town or, in other words, how much of the way have we covered?
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#939 Post by OGRE MAGE »

You are currently about 7 miles away from the hags cave at the end of the beach.
sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#940 Post by sastaz »

Amun, watches the strange cloud they call The Knife for a while, then walks over to the box of plaques. Staring at them she says to everyone, and no one in particular.

"These ones will grant a wish? Where are they from?"

Is there any description of Elnaerel and Feanol? Couldn't find anything in the Character Sheet thread. Just so I know what they look like.

Return to “Completed Missions”