Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Investigation #5: Joker, Roy, & Mac: The Haunting of 601 North E Street

#521 Post by Rex »

Mac

Cool +6BP [8d6]=38 Ghost [1d6]=1

Of course.

"I am really not who you want to be talking to. The big baddie we faced hit me with something in there and I was blacked out having really weird dreams for a good chunk of time. best is you talked to someone else."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#522 Post by Bluehorse »

Rex wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:12 pm Mac

Cool +6BP [8d6]=38 Ghost [1d6]=1

Of course.

"I am really not who you want to be talking to. The big baddie we faced hit me with something in there and I was blacked out having really weird dreams for a good chunk of time. best is you talked to someone else."
Sgt. Hightail jots a few notes. I'll take your word for it, go get me someone that can give an account of all this, okay?

The good news is that you have rolled high enough to not be intimidated or anything, so you are good there. Just he might see you have a subordinate or something like that going forward.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#523 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Will do." Mac heads off to search for Lionel.

"Lionel, the cops want to talk to someone about what happened. I figured you would be better at it then me."

Works for me.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#524 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy typically avoids the press but if he can't slip off without them catching him he will do his best attempt at an interview.

Cool: [4d6]=14 G:[1d6]=4
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#525 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:02 pm Roy typically avoids the press but if he can't slip off without them catching him he will do his best attempt at an interview.

Any channel you prefer to go to? Anything specific you want to say?

GreyWolfVT

#526 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bluehorse wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:03 pm
GreyWolfVT wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:02 pm Roy typically avoids the press but if he can't slip off without them catching him he will do his best attempt at an interview.

nothing specific other than as best a recalling of the situation and what was done in earnest. Feel free to wing it, preferring a channel that is not the a-hole guy from the coffee shop newscast Burke or whatever his name was avoiding him at all costs.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#527 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:07 pm
Bluehorse wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:03 pm

nothing specific other than as best a recalling of the situation and what was done in earnest. Feel free to wing it, preferring a channel that is not the a-hole guy from the coffee shop newscast Burke or whatever his name was avoiding him at all costs.
10-4

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#528 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker blushes purple as he speaks to the traffic cop.
I was the driver, officer. I will do whatever I can to help you.
He signs the papers, reading them quickly to ensure they are accurate. If he has to make a statement, he'll do so.
FA FO

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#529 Post by Taaz »

Bluehorse wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:31 pm When Jason mentions his Abiility the witches... all of them... pause and stare. Kelly, already holding it in the cloth, holds open the bag a little for him and Jessica waves him on over.

What Jason Experiences:
There is a wave of very potent PKE that hits him when he reaches out to the seemingly creepy but benign bat corpse. It physically hurts and you feel the distinct sensation of being hit with a concussion-like a sledgehammer hitting concrete in both your hands as well as your mind it comes on so suddenly. You don't know why, but you are sure this only exists because something very bad happened. This can only be described as pure evil.
Jason feels the waves of pure evil hitting his already battered body and psyche,Ughh, that was a bad idea...Thanks for letting me see, just whoever made this knows us, and pretty well...Thought I might get a sense of them

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#530 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Thanks, Mac. As Lionel heads over to speak with the police, he gets Jamie's attention and points to Hightail, then to her.

Sergeant, I understand you wanna talk to someone about what happened here. Ok. We were hired to clear this property. We got here and found a blue ghost that ended up fleeing the property. We don't know where it went. Then we walked around the perimeter of the house and were attacked by statues. We hit 'em with beams from our packs and ghosts came out of the statues. They went inside and up to the attic.

We went upstairs and found a pair of poltergeists. They were vicious. One pushed someone over a balcony, trying to kill them. Anyway, after a good battle, we got 'em contained, but we knew that wasn't all the ghosts. It was also noticed that the traps seemed to be draining power much faster than normal. We were afraid that the ghosts would escape if we didn't get them to containment and fast. Joker took the Ecto back to the firehouse to get the ghosts into storage, and looking at the Ecto, it looks like it was a rough trip.

We went upstairs and found another, very powerful spirit. Unfortunately, it seems that the statue ghosts may have merged with it. Even more unfortunately, it sprayed some sort of black...ooze.
Showing Hightail his injured hand, he continues. This is what happened when it hit me. We had some assistance from a group of local citizens, which was really what made this possible. Neither group could defeat the ghost on their own, but eventually, our combined efforts allowed us to capture it.

This was a dangerous encounter, probably the worst we've seen so far. As far as we can tell, we believe the house to be clear, but it came at a price. There were a number of injuries. I don't think anything too serious, but don't know for sure. I do know that I wasn't the only one hit by the black ooze. I think that sums it up. Did you have any other questions, Sergeant?

I think I got the details correct. If anything is wrong, that's my mistake. Lionel is not trying to obfuscate other than saying very little about the citizens that helped.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Scott308

#531 Post by Scott308 »

After finishing with Sergeant Hightail, Lionel heads over to do his interview with Jamie. Hi. Ok. We encountered a number of ghosts, some very powerful. We had ghosts possessing statues that attacked us. We had a couple strong poltergeists who attempted to murder someone by pushing them over a balcony. We also faced a ghost that absorbed the spirits from the statues, making it extremely strong and dangerous. He holds up his hand for the camera. It sprayed some sort of black ooze that hit a couple of us and did that. But, all those ghosts have been captured and the house has been cleared. I know the mayor will be pleased.

Lionel pauses, assuming Jamie will bite and ask about the mayor. If she does, he continues. Well, Jamie, as you know Mayor Sanders is a very hands-on mayor. He likes to know what is going on in town and appreciates being kept in the loop when it comes to what we have going on. He is very proud that the fine folks of Fort Smith have us here to help keep everyone safe. We do what we can, and hope we can live up to the mayor's hopes and expectations.

Anyway, I was speaking with hizzonor and in the course of keeping him updated, I got a text that the team was on-site here, and had a confirmed haunt. He asked if we had a job and I told him the address of this place, and he became very interested. He wanted to make sure there was nothing here, and, while it was very difficult...
Lionel pauses as he looks directly into the camera before continuing. I can say that there is officially nothing here. You're welcome, Mr. Mayor.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#532 Post by Bluehorse »

The Haunting of 601 North E Street
The Warlock Warp-Up.
September 10, 2018, 2:40 pm
Sunny and warm with a light northerly breeze.

Mac tries answering the police sergeant's questions but doesn't seem to make a good impression even though for his part he is not shaken by the air of authority from Hightail either. So things could have been worse. He defaults to their face man Lionel.

Meanwhile, Joker is dealing with his own police dilemma with questions about his driving. He admits it freely and the police officer nods. Alright, thanks for just coming out with it. That makes things a lot easier. I'll just file the report, but I need you to come with us and do a pee test, just to confirm you were not on drugs or anything, okay? Standard procedure, I had to do that a couple of months ago for basically the same thing. Your license is also temporarily suspended pending the investigation, shouldn't take too long. This normally goes real smoothly. he holds out his hand.

Roy decides to move in for an interview and walks up to the flustered Channel 26 crew who just lost 21 witches in a matter of seconds. The reporter looks up with a glimmer of hope in his eyes and begins asking questions. Roy delivers... sort of... it isn't a failure but the reporter looks less impressed and turns to the camera guy. I think we can get a sound bite off that. Let's go interview one of the officers... and walks away.

Jason got a horrible feeling about the phylactery but nothing that felt like someone. It was just pure evil, backing up what the witches themselves had said about it. Though the thought of what they might plan to do with it... is hard to ignore.

Julia moves to put the first aid kits back in the Ecto and looks to the nearest teammate. It happens to be Mac What should I do?

Lionel manages to get Jamie over in time for her to get his entire report to Sgt. Hightail on record, which will make her job easier for later for sure, and assures there is a record of what he says. Smooth. Real smooth. Hightail looks a little put off at first but seems overall satisfied with what he hears. Okay... Some yes and no questions now...

You say you were called in?

There was a ghost that escaped?

Do you know where it is?

One of your teammates was driving your vehicle for an emergency and that is when the incident happened down the block? I'll need his name... a real name.

Then whatever was in there was what injured you and did that?

I'm going to need the names of these citizens. All of them. We can't have folks walking into dangerous situations like that...

Is the house clear? I need to know what my men are walking into.
he seems like he wants to not believe this but there is too much mounting proof from all the different times they have met like this.

Jamie smirks mischievously as the exchange goes on. Happy to get it all on tape. Then when Lionel comes back to her directly, she lets him speak his peace before asking her own questions about the mayor and the ghost. Were you able to clear all the ghost? Are they still inside now? You had mentioned in your police report that one of the ghost got away, does it pose a danger to the public? What should people do if they see a ghost?

Inventory:   
Ecto: 1 PKE Extention for Phones, PKE Extention, Ecto Goggles - M, 1 Slime Blower, 1 Sniffer
======================================================================
Jason: Phone, Proton Pack
Lionel: Phone, Proton Pack
Roy: Phone, Proton Pack, Trap, Ecto Goggles - M
Joker: Ecto Keys, Phone, Traps x3
Mac: Phone, Proton Pack, Ecto Goggle - A.
Julia: First Aid Kit.
Witches: Mary Duncan's Book of Shadows, Hex Bag
Joker's Field Generator: Shorted out. Sandwichboarded to the Livingroom Floor. [Proton Pack, PKE - A, 2 Traps cobbled together for a Field Generating Device]

Phylactery in possession of Kelly. Pic
Brownie Point Spending:
None this round.

Actions?
Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 44/214 @@
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 110/188 @
Roy O'Dowd: 60/157 @@
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 193/260
David "Mac" McAuslan: 47/191

Julia Dunst: 44/44

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019 & 2020!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#533 Post by Rex »

Mac

To Julia, "Maybe just check each of us and make sure we don't have any injuries we don't know about. We got hit with stuff I have no clue what it was. I have never been hit with anything like it before. I was also down for a while, the whole white light type thing so you might as well start with me."

GreyWolfVT

#534 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy having botched his interview heads to the probably Julia's car after wondering how the Ecto held up with some fast and furious driving to get the traps back to containment he figures it may be safer to ride with Julia.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#535 Post by Urson »

Joker

Joker nods, calm and willing to comply. He calls to Julia: You are right- I should have let you drive. I must go to the police station for a short time- I will find my own way back to the Firehouse.

Internally, Joker is frightened, hoping his occasional shots of ouzo didn't have opium poppy seeds in it.
FA FO

Scott308

#536 Post by Scott308 »

Bluehorse wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:28 pm
Sgt. Hightail[...]looks a little put off at first but seems overall satisfied with what he hears. Okay... Some yes and no questions now...

You say you were called in?

I was. I was speaking wih the mayor while some of the others were investigating the house. They texted and said the house was haunted and they needed everyone here to help.

There was a ghost that escaped? Do you know where it is?

There was a ghost that took off. I don't know where it went, but it's not here at the moment.

One of your teammates was driving your vehicle for an emergency and that is when the incident happened down the block? I'll need his name... a real name.

Dzjokar Jelal

Then whatever was in there was what injured you and did that?

Yes. That ghost has been contained.

I'm going to need the names of these citizens. All of them. We can't have folks walking into dangerous situations like that...

I don't know their names. I have a few first names, but that's about it.

Is the house clear? I need to know what my men are walking into.
Yes. As of now, the house is clear. However, ghosts exist for a reason. They are tied to a specific location important to the circumstances of their life and death. What this means is that it may be tied to this house, so might return. I'll talk to some of the guys about staying until you are finished here in case it does.
Jamie smirks mischievously as the exchange goes on. Happy to get it all on tape. Then when Lionel comes back to her directly, she lets him speak his peace before asking her own questions about the mayor and the ghost. Were you able to clear all the ghost? Are they still inside now? You had mentioned in your police report that one of the ghost got away, does it pose a danger to the public? What should people do if they see a ghost?
There are currently no ghosts in the house. There was one that escaped. Joker brought a couple filled traps back to the station to transfer the ghosts to the containment unit, but we do still have the big bad in a trap that we'll need to take care of. As for danger to the public, like I told the police, ghosts are usually tied to a place for reasons due to their life or death. I believe it will be drawn back here, but can't say for sure. I would caution people to assume any ghost to be dangerous, and please call us or 911 if they do spot a ghost.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#537 Post by Bluehorse »

The Haunting of 601 North E Street
The Warlock Warp-Up.
September 10, 2018, 2:45 pm
Sunny and warm with a light northerly breeze.

The interviews wrap up and notes are taken by PD and the media. Hightail makes sure that everyone gets looked over by the Emergency Medical and are patched up, but each of them are urged to come with them to the ER since all of them look varying degrees of awful. They are especially baffled by what the black ooze did to them and how they all look drained like they had been exposed to the elements for days or gone without food and water since their bodies showed all those signs of internal drain... One of the EMTs suggests giving them all IVs for electrolities to see if it will help. It does.

Julia helps get the equipment into the ecto before the guys go and sees to getting the beat up Jeep back to the station. Hightail has a patrol car escort her since it is in such bad shape.

Soon the guys are all at the ER and getting treated for what are categorized as dehydration, exhaustion, and chemical burns because the doctors are unable to come up with anything better to call it. Their wounds are cleaned, patched up, they each get a couple more bags of fluids and told to take it easy for a few days so they can recover.

Once Julia brings them home (in two trips) with her own yellow beetle, they find the Jeep in the basement garage, the Containment unit operating normally, and very inviting showers and beds waiting for them. Julia sticks around to help (not with the showers) and fusses over them more than a little. She promises to record the news for them and shoos them all to bed making sure to have them take the pills the doctors gave them to make sure they sleep through the night.

Alright. That one is a wrap unless you have anything you want to add from here. Otherwise tomorrow I will begin working out the points.

Inventory:   
Ecto: 1 PKE Extention for Phones, PKE Extention, Ecto Goggles - M, 1 Slime Blower, 1 Sniffer
======================================================================
Jason: Phone, Proton Pack
Lionel: Phone, Proton Pack
Roy: Phone, Proton Pack, Trap, Ecto Goggles - M
Joker: Ecto Keys, Phone, Traps x3
Mac: Phone, Proton Pack, Ecto Goggle - A.
Julia: First Aid Kit.
Witches: Mary Duncan's Book of Shadows, Hex Bag
Joker's Field Generator: Shorted out. Sandwichboarded to the Livingroom Floor. [Proton Pack, PKE - A, 2 Traps cobbled together for a Field Generating Device]

Phylactery in possession of Kelly. Pic
Brownie Point Spending:
None this round.

Actions?
Brownie Point Pool:
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 44/214 @@
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 110/188 @
Roy O'Dowd: 60/157 @@
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal: 193/260
David "Mac" McAuslan: 47/191

Julia Dunst: 44/44

@ = One free re-roll without ghost die.  Merry Christmas 2019 & 2020!
[/quote]

Scott308

#538 Post by Scott308 »

Before allowing the EMTs to treat him, Lionel says goodbye to Jamie, then tracks down the orange flower pot cat and puts it in the Ecto.

Upon returning from the ER, he thanks Julia for her help, going above and beyond once again for them. After taking a long, hot shower, he lays on his bed and crashes hard, falling asleep in mere seconds.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#539 Post by Rex »

Mac

Once home Mac showers and crashes.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#540 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker makes an attempt to start repairs on the gear, and salvaging usable components from his latest contraption- but it's a half-hearted attempt, and he doesn't resist when Julia nags him to rest. He snores loudly, and occasionally yells something in Turkish while he sleeps.
FA FO

Return to “Mission Archive”