2. A Peaceful Village in the Hills (action)

tibbius
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: A Peaceful Village in the Hills (action)

#241 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax looks the hand axe over.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#242 Post by tibbius »

The rivets, and indeed the entire axe, are discolored purple and orange as if the metal has been exposed to great heat. The axe is comfortably hefty, neither light nor heavy for its size. It is good steel that rings faintly when Grax thunks the edge into a floorboard with moderate force. The edge comes easily out of the wood and leaves a deep narrow groove. Grax notes there are no notches on the edge of the blade.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

GreyWolfVT

#243 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax "hmm I think I'll hold on ta this."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#244 Post by Squid »

Wraith

Wraith examines the obsidian sword a little closer.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Equipment and loot

#245 Post by tibbius »

Wraith notices that the hilt of the sword feels a bit tingly, as if the blade is vibrating at a high frequency. It gives him a faint pins and needles feeling in his hand when he grasps it and tries a couple of passes. The feeling is invigorating, though ...

The blade is slender, only a finger wider than Wraith's rapier. It is surprisingly rigid.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Equipment and loot

#246 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"Cool, a bear thingy."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#247 Post by tibbius »

As Wraith turns his attention from the engraved armor to the dark blade, Elzarune thoughtfully strokes the breastplate and the lines again swirl and change to reveal an image of a robed person launching lightning from their fingertips toward a thing in a rocking chair.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by ybn1197 »

Elzarune lifts the breastplate up and eyes it up to see if it will fit him.

GreyWolfVT

#249 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax looks a round while the others examine their new item(s) "Hmm well what next eh?"

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#250 Post by Squid »

Wraith

"This blade is remarkable. Would anyone object if I claimed it?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"No objection. Can I take the bear hammer thing? Can someone tell if anything is magical?"

GreyWolfVT

#252 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax "I took tha axe so dun matter ta me Keep tha sword."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#253 Post by tibbius »

Seems like you've sorted the best loot.

Looking around, you can't find a sheath for the glistening black blade that Wraith claimed. It doesn't fit his rapier scabbard, so he'll have to carry it bare until you find an armorer to fashion a case.

More to come ...
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#254 Post by tibbius »

You're at (1) in the map to the left. You've had a conversation with the Ancient General and sparsely looted his Tomb. You've just conquered the Tower of the Rocking Chair, and gotten more phat loot. Now ... your thoughts turn homeward maybe? Sealgair's home is in the forest of oval trees to the south. Grax's kinfolk dwell in the central mountains. Wraith is from the big fortress city in the southwestern marshes. Elzarune is from the mercantile town at the south end of the peninsula. So it seems like you're headed south through the mountains ...

Any thoughts for what to do before you get on the road?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#255 Post by Squid »

Wraith would like to find a secure way to transport the new sword. Is there is a craftsman nearby who could fashion a temporary scabbard until a proper one could be made?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#256 Post by tibbius »

Let's say there's a woodcarver who can make two wooden pieces and peg them together to form a scabbard. It will take a couple of uneventful days.

The village folk profess to know not of the tower and the rocking chair. They express great appreciation for your valiance.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

GreyWolfVT

#257 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I would simply say we go to the nearest location from where we are and continue in that method for the moment since it doesn't look like there are a large number of locations where we are right now.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#258 Post by tibbius »

The nearest location is the mining town of Bittercreek, a few dozen miles southeast of the village and tower at the foot of the hills. Sound good?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#259 Post by Squid »

Let's go!

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by ybn1197 »

sounds good to me

Return to “Traversing Tiny Dungeons (Tiny Dungeon)”