Out of Character Chatter

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Out of Character Chatter

#81 Post by Spearmint »

Like the way StirlIng has used the character sheet spell section to overwrite skill sets. Must do that, so much easier to find than read through notes.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Leitz »

Spearmint wrote:Like the way StirlIng has used the character sheet spell section to overwrite skill sets. Must do that, so much easier to find than read through notes.
Yeah, that is pretty cool!

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#83 Post by atpollard »

Fred is selling T-shirts (if anyone is interested) ...
Attachments
Fred T-shirt.jpg
Fred T-shirt.jpg (136.34 KiB) Viewed 1301 times
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by The Bindoner »

Spearmint wrote:Like the way StirlIng has used the character sheet spell section to overwrite skill sets. Must do that, so much easier to find than read through notes.
Every tab is used well. I'm impressed - I just dismissed the thing as not useful for Traveller, but here it is, converted. Whether I can find the time to do that myself though, eh, maybe...

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Leitz »

Spearmint wrote:D'Arcy

(Nice room with jacuzzi en-suite and champagne bubble bath, okay bubble bath doesn't go with gangster image but some soft lights, scented candles and an unlocked door await any catwoman burglar who wants to scrub his back).
I really needed a chuckle today, thanks!

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Leitz »

Sorry for the delay; wrapping up work for the week and trying to not lose my mind. Should have something this evening.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Leitz »

Is there a skill package to choose from? Though I think we have the "criminal" covered quite well. :)

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Leitz »

Stefano is letting others chime in before responding.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#89 Post by atpollard »

Just for the record, “it’s not personal, it’s just business.” :lol:

Someone suggested in a PM that with all the political events in Fred’s background CharGen, that he should be an activist for the common man ... ‘Fred the Red’ was the term he coined. I found it amusing enough to create the Fred tee-shirt.

So this was just Fred standing up for ‘community’ over ‘corporation’ (or ‘impersonal bureaucracy’ on his Homeworld).

dragoner
Scout
Scout

#90 Post by dragoner »

Dev is down with power to the people. :)

In case no one got the horse head bookends reference - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWQm8EvfTJw

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#91 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Guys sorry for the slow going right now.

My computer is down, and I had to send it back for repair. They sent it back still with the same issue so I'm still computer hopping to get on and post updates. Bear with me and in a week or so I should be back in more regular posting mode.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Leitz »

Ahlmzhad wrote:Guys sorry for the slow going right now.

My computer is down, and I had to send it back for repair. They sent it back still with the same issue so I'm still computer hopping to get on and post updates. Bear with me and in a week or so I should be back in more regular posting mode.
Well, no one has shot anyone else yet, but it's getting interesting. :)

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Leitz »

I'm starting to feel Stefano's attempt to stimulate conversation has managed to shut it down...

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by The Bindoner »

Yes, it feels like everyone is waiting for some else to speak. Shall we accept we a re contracted to a corporation, and deal with any side-deals as the situation arises?

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Leitz »

I once found myself sitting at a stop sign waiting for the light to change. Not quite the story of my life, but there have been times...

It's pretty clear that Stefano sees the corporate organization as the way to make everyone wealthy and successful. Since he's older that may lend credence to his point. Of course, he could get shafted like everyone else but he seems honest in his words.

How does everyone feel about breaking the meeting and using it as a filler "in the meeting it was mentioned..." as necessary? What else do we need?

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#96 Post by atpollard »

Any information at all on the destination would be nice.

Did we just pick a random star in the sky and say "That one! Let's see if anyone lives there." :D

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Leitz »

atpollard wrote:Any information at all on the destination would be nice.

Did we just pick a random star in the sky and say "That one! Let's see if anyone lives there." :D
We're riding a new ship technology that allows a single jump to cover four times the "standard" distance. So far only small ships, and no other companies have this technology. The crew in the room have made the jump prior and there is some data earlier in the thread. I haven't read it recently but Birach comes to mind.

From a game perspective it's a nice set of constraints. Of course, Stefano is going off a shared connection with Orlovski and believes the deal to be real. "Believes", not "knows". :P

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Stirling »

Seven days from departure. Is that real life or in game days?

Tiberius is on duty on the ship. As far as I can tell he reports to the Captain and assists the other officers. He has no known connection with other players. He will repel corsair boarders, lead boarding parties and fly the big crafts smaller craft.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Stirling »

Any updates?

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#100 Post by atpollard »

Stirling wrote:Any updates?
Yeah, my system started to really slow down, so I checked the system monitor built into the bios and it said that my Hard Drive was about to have an imminent failure. So I immediately backed up all of the important data to an external drive so it would be safe. Then I tried to mirror the hard drive to a new hard disk to save all of the software. The system files were too damaged to create a mirror.

Fortunately, I was able to restore the hard drive to the original factory settings and mirror the operating system. Then I replaced the bad 500 GB HD with a new 1 TB hard drive for under $50 (incl. tax) which is a lot better than a new entry level system for $400-$500. So this past Friday I loaded the old operating system on the new HD and installed all of the system updates from 2009 to 2019. That took a while. This past weekend was “reinstall all of the software” time.

So now my vintage desktop is feeling much better and I have a new HD mirror saved with all of the software loaded so I don’t need to start at the beginning again. While shopping for the HD, I discovered that I can upgrade the memory to 8 GB for about $40, so that will probably be my next project. It will need that memory when and if I decide to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I also found out the mother board will support a quad core CPU if I ever feel the need for a faster CPU. Right now, the system monitor tells me that the current CPU is only working at about 30%-40% Of capacity, so the memory is the current weak link.

... Oh, wait. Did you mean an update on the game? ;)

Return to “Space Rats Campaign (1st Ed Mongoose Traveller)”