Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Tarsus para bellum

#81 Post by dongriffiths »

Klaus

"Venner ascertain location of hostiles and prep to breach."

Asels, get ready for rapid extraction."

Call to Colonel
"Sir we are at the farmstead, hostiles on site, request authorisation to breach"
Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit.
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by shaidar »

Frank

"Negative, do not engage unless targets are in immediate danger. Monitor and confirm location of all targets and hostiles. Local militia are active, confirm hostiles are not militia protecting targets."
dongriffiths
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#83 Post by dongriffiths »

Klaus

"HOLD! Do not breach. Confirm status, they may be friendly locals."
Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by Tiglath »

Frank
shaidar wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 2:02 pm "Thank you officer"

As the man turns to open the door, Frank turns towards the two women "Thank you, ladies" he says before mouthing "See you round back"

He then proceeds to pick up the box and head outside and once back on the street he stops to look in the window of the tech shop and as casually as he can attempts a 'recon scan' of the area.
To Frank's utter dismay the militiaman accompanies him to the tech shop "Town looks to be full of hired guns. I guess that might be the way to catch a girl's attention. Bein' a steely eyed starmerc, eh? Heh, a gun for hire - enemies none, insults ignored none. Reckon I might sign up when my military service with the militia ends". Frank's newest best buddy and (while rather obstructing his recon chances) again holds the door for the (only partially) encumbered Frank while he guilelessly chats "Here allow me. Least I can do after the search an' all, eh? Just wantin' to be sure you wasn't one of those wild "Third" bastards with the "Wolfsangel" walkin' up on the ladies with all that crazy "Unyielding" nonsense". He chuckles and shakes his head "How can you refuse to surrender in a war that's already over? Truth be told I'm kinda sweet on Anni but she's playin' it cool. I'm hopin' she doesn't think it's just 'cause she's... well...".

He then finally takes his leave with "You see any of them Third boys, even just one, you tell me an'... an' I'll get straight on the horn for backup! You have a nice night now".

The tech shop owner also seems to be clearing the place down for closing but gives Frank a welcoming if businlesslike greeting "Good evening, sir. How may I help you?" His Galanglic has a local accent. Frank notes the extra access width both behind the counter and to the workshop visible outback accommodates the grav support chair in which his legless torso is suspended. He eyes Frank and then says "Something for capturing those "real" party moments for the "buzz" in enhanced proto holo... or maybe a burner comm?"
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Tiglath »

Prerna
joertexas wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 3:44 am Prerna walks up behind the "gentleman" and taps him firmly on the shoulder. She fervently hopes to defuse the situation before T'Lia does something fatal to the man.
As she taps his shoulder the long haired man rounds on Prerna as a rather flushed T'Lia breathlessly explains "This is a... local agent. He's with the Third... deep... uh... ...Garmr, stop it!" T'lia then slaps the over bearing male and in response he merely smiles, his lips drawing back from bright white teeth. Nevertheless he then relents and withdraws as T'lia recovers to finally add "This is Lars an old... comrade. He's deep recon for the militia I activated to secure Colonel Cross' family... and has impulse issues from spending too much time with his canids. However, he wouldn't be so exposed here if it wasn't important".

Lars fixes Prerna with his golden brown eyes and grates "Perhaps you could be my Queen?"

(OOC: PM inbound).
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:55 am Prerna
Lars fixes Prerna with his golden brown eyes and grates "Perhaps you could be my Queen?"
Prerna's eyes glint like ice, and she draws her lips back in an expression that even an idiot wouldn't mistake for a smile. "I am her wife, so back off, úlfahvolpur."

"úlfahvolpur" = wolf cub
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Tiglath »

Prerna

Lars recoils from Prerna and lets out a low keen. Perhaps surprisingly T'lia then steps forward to take his hand and then first placing a hand on his cheek runs her slim fingers through his hair. As Lars softens and relaxes his stance T'lia seems to state to any available audience "We have history".

She glances gratefully at Prerna and then softly and uneasily adds "It's not... all his fault...".

In the background Prerna hears rumblings from about the bar:

"I hear Lars is in".

Ironically "Ja, ja. Lock up your wives! Here we go!"

"He's barred!"

"He died - they all did".

"He can have my house keys - I'm on the ale 'till morning!" Laughter.

"He's not real".

"Some say he's a vættir like all of the Third. Dead men walking".

"Huscarls eksisterer".

"Who said that?!?"
joertexas wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:24 am Prerna's eyes glint like ice, and she draws her lips back in an expression that even an idiot wouldn't mistake for a smile. "I am her wife, so back off, úlfahvolpur."
Lars matches Prerna's grin with ever more teeth and yet speaks through them "Firm and soft flesh both... and so interwoven..." He very visibly drools then states "Yet valkyries are... unlike these sheep within...". Then with an obvious effort of will he masters himself and unfocussedly states "It was a long run in and we were unable to get to the Cross farm in time. One of their dogs is killed. Four outworlders have gone inside but one of the dwellers is outside. They have a... flying bird... G carrier... a chase... one kilometer... away but we can deal with that and make it still. Your hunters approach the farm so we are moving away".

He looks to T'lia and Prerna and then with a strange sadness at the folk carousing about the bar "Is there anything more? They will drive me out soon".
Last edited by Tiglath on Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:09 am Prerna

Lars recoils from Prerna and lets out a low keen. Perhaps surprisingly T'lia then steps forward to take his hand and then first placing a hand on his cheek runs her slim fingers through his hair. As Lars softens and relaxes his stance T'lia seems to state to any available audience "We have history".

She glances gratefully at Prerna and then softly and uneasily adds "It's not... all his fault...".

In the background Prerna hears rumblings from about the bar:

"I hear Lars is in".

Ironically "Ja, ja. Lock up your wives! Here we go!"

"He's barred!"

"He died - they all did".

"He can have my house keys - I'm on the ale 'till morning!" Laughter.

"He's not real".

"Some say he's a vættir like all of the Third. Dead men walking".

"Huscarls eksisterer".

"Who said that?!?"
Prerna takes a breath and gets a grip on her thoughts and emotions - not that T'Lia doesn't know what they are, anyway. "We need a light grav vehicle. Can you help us get one?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Tiglath »

Prerna
joertexas wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:35 am Prerna takes a breath and gets a grip on her thoughts and emotions - not that T'Lia doesn't know what they are, anyway. "We need a light grav vehicle. Can you help us get one?"
Lars replies "We will empty the one a kilometer from the farm for your use".
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by shaidar »

Frank
Tiglath wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:20 pm
To Frank's utter dismay the militiaman accompanies him to the tech shop "Town looks to be full of hired guns. I guess that might be the way to catch a girl's attention. Bein' a steely eyed starmerc, eh? Heh, a gun for hire - enemies none, insults ignored none. Reckon I might sign up when my military service with the militia ends". Frank's newest best buddy and (while rather obstructing his recon chances) again holds the door for the (only partially) encumbered Frank while he guilelessly chats "Here allow me. Least I can do after the search an' all, eh? Just wantin' to be sure you wasn't one of those wild "Third" bastards with the "Wolfsangel" walkin' up on the ladies with all that crazy "Unyielding" nonsense". He chuckles and shakes his head "How can you refuse to surrender in a war that's already over? Truth be told I'm kinda sweet on Anni but she's playin' it cool. I'm hopin' she doesn't think it's just 'cause she's... well...".

He then finally takes his leave with "You see any of them Third boys, even just one, you tell me an'... an' I'll get straight on the horn for backup! You have a nice night now".

Frank smiles "Thank you. I've heard that the starmerc business isn't what it's cracked up to be. I've not heard of these 'third' folks before, or 'wolfangel', but if I see anything odd I'll let you know."

Tiglath wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:20 pm
The tech shop owner also seems to be clearing the place down for closing but gives Frank a welcoming if businlesslike greeting "Good evening, sir. How may I help you?" His Galanglic has a local accent. Frank notes the extra access width both behind the counter and to the workshop visible outback accommodates the grav support chair in which his legless torso is suspended. He eyes Frank and then says "Something for capturing those "real" party moments for the "buzz" in enhanced proto holo... or maybe a burner comm?"

Franks nods at the man "God aften. A burner comm is exactly what I'm after, what do you have?"
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:17 am Prerna
joertexas wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:35 am Prerna takes a breath and gets a grip on her thoughts and emotions - not that T'Lia doesn't know what they are, anyway. "We need a light grav vehicle. Can you help us get one?"
Lars replies "We will empty the one a kilometer from the farm for your use".
"Can you take us there?" Prerna relaxes her expression and speech to be more cordial.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Tiglath »

Frank
shaidar wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:28 pm Franks nods at the man "God aften. A burner comm is exactly what I'm after, what do you have?"
The owner looks up at Frank "Góðan aptan, velkominn". His Sagamaal is distinctly "Old Norse" in both its precision and dialect. As far as Frank's aware this is either deliberate or maybe pedantically perverse in some traditionalist manner.

He then casually asks "More than one comm - or are you just treating your friends to pastries?"

He indicates three models beneath the glass of the counter "The Frog is terrible and barely functional, the Tech X is functional and basic but my own build is much more robust, is easier to use for pure comms work and will interface better with comdots or other devices. The Tech X is cheaper".

He shrugs and states "It's late and I'm lazy. I'll not get the comms out but just mark them on the glass". He reaches into a pocket on an old combat jacket hanging behind the counter and fishing out a camo stick draws three parallel lines on the glass counter top. The center bar seems shorter than the outer two. "What's your response to that stranger?"

NB Edited with "extra genius". Bah, where are my dried frog pills... :SAN:
Last edited by Tiglath on Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Tiglath »

Prerna
joertexas wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:02 pm "Can you take us there?" Prerna relaxes her expression and speech to be more cordial.
Lars catches Prerna with his golden brown eyes and laughs "Can you run valkyrie?" He flips a location to both of your comms which looks to be about a klik plus east of the Cross family farm and a little less from your current location.

He makes the emergency exit in a few lean strides and kicks it open as a voice shouts "Out with you Lars and leave those ladies alone! Don't make me call the militia!"

About to leave Lars turns at bay in the doorway and retorts "Tell them if they want a hunt I'll give them one! Huskarls stand for the land and people here". A snow flurry blows in around him and he's gone.

A couple of men nearest the unsealed exit rise seemingly intent on closing the open door now chilling them and their dinner.

Recon and/or Streetwise (cumulative) for Prerna please
Last edited by Tiglath on Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Tiglath »

Klaus
dongriffiths wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:11 am "HOLD! Do not breach. Confirm status, they may be friendly locals."
Asels (G Carrier driver) calls Klaus on his las comm from the G Garrier (using the vehicle's comm) "Tac movement! Obs group hold. One female fighting age climbing out of first floor window onto porch roof moving above your pos. She's hot. Dammit I mean she's wearing no insulation! Sergeant she's dressed for warm weather with local ambient heading to zero and is armed with a short axe... Well, I guess she's one o' them local Swordy gals!"

Klaus determines (from the vehicle's visual relayed to his comm) that the female mentioned is transitioning across the porch roof which extends over a veranda along the farm house front. Since he and the his pair of scouts are at the corner of the house then the climber might very likely descend from the veranda roof right next to them. Fortunately being under the roof they are currently in the deep shadow cast by Rond (one of Trasus' moons). Currently the moon and the dark blot on its surface, notionally a "hole" through it, are illuminated by light passing through Tarsus' dusty atmosphere causing the reddish tint to what some might call a "Blood Moon".

He also notes that acting on their own initiative his squad have retrieved their suppressed Snub SMGs from deep concealment in the G Carrier and, since matters are becoming tactical, have prepped and loaded these weapons. They are individually issued and passed forward to the Obs team. When a team member moves forward the Obs team are so armed and Klaus is reunited with his own integrally suppressed SuSAG (Black Ops) issue variant.
Last edited by Tiglath on Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:13 am, edited 11 times in total.
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by Tiglath »

Jess

The Bindoner wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:37 pm
Jess' grav IFV covers the ground in no time to approach the rear of the high ground on which Trooper King's OP2 is situated. The grav fighting vehicle then slows to limit any visible signature from nap of earth flight and remains at the hover in the dead ground behind OP2 ready to perform a "pop up" attack.

Advised of the IFV's new position King reports "Ma'am, seems they know somefin's up - fek knows 'ow! They've stopped an taken the cli... 'orses... to the rear an' gone to fightin' order. They're advancin' on us in line - skirmish order. Six 'undred yards. Keen enough - even the wounded bloke's joined in! Couple of grenade launchers visible now an' they're carryin' LAW. Fek they're usin' the grahnd well. Good noise discipline. I'm losing some of 'em movin' through the brush - fek they're good. Ma'am we needs to light 'em up or move or this is gonna get messy".
Can you disengage unseen? Bearin’ in mind you’re on their patch. I’ll pick you up on the reverse slope. If you can’t get out, pin ‘em, and I’ll get around behind. Do they all have LAW? How many with the horses?

Jess studies the map, looking for a concealed route to the enemies rear. A quick raid to “rescue” the prisoners and run off the horses would be useful. If the commando were to be drawn over the ridge after the OP group that might work…

Kingy, if you think you're safe, give ‘em a sight of you as you dodge over the crest.
Sugar purrs "Have that" to a comm call from Camp Freddie and relays the below to Jess:
Tiglath wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:07 am "Ma'am, I'm getting this in clear from the direction of QSM's operating area". She patches in the other radio channel "Force occupying the kopje at Kruger's Look. Idfentify, over".

Freddie chips in with "Ma'am, comm call into HQ from Mr. Kruger at the farm. He states inbound friendlies are approaching an unknown OP over the northern trail and have contacted him to confirm if these are his men. He verifies voice ID and states the friendlies are Scouts led by Sergeant Piet Isselbacher".

Meanwhile Jess' comm relays Trooper King's urban (and definitely not urbane) tones "Ma'am we can prolly disengage over the crest but they ruddy knows we're 'ere - an' fek knows 'ow!"

He then whinges "Ma'am, some Swordy NCO's shoutin' at me!" King continues on, polishing his grievance, "Very aggressive in sayin' 'e's friendly 'e is. At least a Sergeant - I can tell by the tone! Says 'e knows I'm not a floppy on the grounds of me aftershave! 'E can't come on to me like that, Ma'am! That sort of patter's contrary to military discipline an' I should know - I was on a ruddy charge for it! Er... I did put a dab of the Old Splice on - family tradition since grandad deserted from the Navy... ah... cos I didn't want to smell like a ruddy paraffin* in case them wavy farm girls woz abaht... Any'ow this Swordy says 'is mate Cecil can smell me... Ma'am, it might be better if you comes up 'ere an' outranks 'im and stops 'im from lettin' 'is mate sniff me. Er... Ma'am?"

(OOC: * Collace trans service paraffin = paraffin lamp = the sort of underspire person who drinks rather than "splashes on all over" a fragrance such as Blue Stratos).
Last edited by Tiglath on Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:26 pmRecon and/or Streetwise (cumulative) for Prerna please
Roll[2d6]=8 + SW-2 + Recon-1 = 11
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
dongriffiths
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#97 Post by dongriffiths »

"Get me an ID on that female! Is she family? Stay in the shadows, we don't want any mistakes here."

"Asels forward her image to the Colonel now, get confirmation."
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by shaidar »

Frank
Tiglath wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:58 pm Frank
shaidar wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:28 pm Franks nods at the man "God aften. A burner comm is exactly what I'm after, what do you have?"
The owner looks up at Frank "Góðan aptan, velkominn". His Sagamaal is distinctly "Old Norse" in both its precision and dialect. As far as Frank's aware this is either deliberate or maybe pedantically perverse in some traditionalist manner.

He then casually asks "More than one comm - or are you just treating your friends to pastries?"

He indicates three models beneath the glass of the counter "The Frog is terrible and barely functional, the Tech X is functional and basic but my own build is much more robust, is easier to use for pure comms work and will interface better with comdots or other devices. The Tech X is cheaper".

He shrugs and states "It's late and I'm lazy. I'll not get the comms out but just mark them on the glass". He reaches into a pocket on an old combat jacket hanging behind the counter and fishing out a camo stick draws three parallel lines on the glass counter top. The center bar seems shorter than the outer two. "What's your response to that stranger?"

NB Edited with "extra genius". Bah, where are my dried frog pills... :SAN:
Frank wishes he'd paid more attention in sword world history at school, feeling that he's about to fail some kind of test.

Frank looks at the man and raises an eyebrow "A test? Wish I'd paid more attention in Ms Svennsons runic class. I certainly recognise isa..." he gestures to the longer lines "But the centre one, well I don't recognise that one. Are you sure you didn't mean algiz?"
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Tiglath »

Frank
shaidar wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:37 am
Frank wishes he'd paid more attention in sword world history at school, feeling that he's about to fail some kind of test.

Frank looks at the man and raises an eyebrow "A test? Wish I'd paid more attention in Ms Svennsons runic class. I certainly recognise isa..." he gestures to the longer lines "But the centre one, well I don't recognise that one. Are you sure you didn't mean algiz?"
Three parallel lines - the middle one shorter. It does indeed seem to be a test.

Frank knows what's marked isn't a standard Norse alphabet rune as is so might instead be an incomplete runic sign or character...

Indeed he feels he's on the right track... but therefore might want to watch where he puts his medieval feet?

If the cryptic clues aren't capturing your vulpine imagination then maybe at a stroke yew can get the full picture...

...from the dice? But I don't think yew will need them. ;)
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by shaidar »

Frank

There seems to a number of evolving runic alphabets. Is the mark short at top or bottom?

Return to “District 268 Year 1105 (CT/CE Traveller)”