Quest #43 “The Next Obelisk?“

OGRE MAGE
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #43 “The Next Obelisk?“

#81 Post by Karaunios »

I just read the description of Spiritual Hammer and you need an actual hammer in order to cast it. The hammer will disappear after the effect.

I suggest that those that can see through the illusion attack the yetis from behind. They'll come towards us in fear and we can strike all of those we can. I assume some of them will run towards the jungle behind us.
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Ok. I think we've landed on fighting them, at least at first before we find out how tough they really are. :D

Obscurment looks good, hopefully, we can still see them using the FF. Silence would be very helpful to sneak around in the trees or on the ground.

The druids should try to take advantage of walking through trees to position themselves and possibly draw attention with thrown weapons. Be diversions.

Then others can have silence cast on them and sneak around and backstab/flank the distracted yetis.

The rest use ranged weapons and hit-and-run tactics.

What does Lerrick think about temporarily allowing others to use the climbing bracers?
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

She is most likely going to need to cast FF again next round to cover them all.
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by gurusql »

Just need to watch with the Silence that we do not kill spell casting.
kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#85 Post by kruk »

And so it begins...

Cresty

The fighter moves to the chanting cleric and lightly taps her to gang her attention. Lerrick stops chanting and looks at the fighter with a confused look on her face. The fighter whispers Lerrick, let me use your me your bracers. I will climb the a tree and use my bow to attack the creatures. We want you to cast your silence spell on them so that they can't communicate with each other and hopefully frightened as a result.

Lerrick

After a few seconds the cleric understand and whispers back while removing her bracers to give to the fighter. Yes...that seems like a good idea.

Once the fighter is in possession of the bracers, he quickly puts them on and climbs a tree that gives him a good vantage point to attack with his bow.

Noob question: Do fighters get two attacks per round with a bow?

Lerrick casts silence on the mass of hairy beasts
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#86 Post by OGRE MAGE »

kruk wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:36 pm Noob question: Do fighters get two attacks per round with a bow?
Yes, bows can be fired twice per round, for any applicable class.

I think that makes 4 stated actions so far? I understand the desire for planning, but I need concrete actions before I can update again.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

"Ok. Let's go. Can I get a silence on me?" She asks while preparing to delve into the forest and sneak about. "I can use that snare, Wes."

The Princess hopes to be silent and moving about alone in the forest. She'll work to ambush the yetis, hopefully after some diversions separate some from the pack.
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by gurusql »

Wake

Wake will take cover behind a tree and if a creature gets within range he will cast Light in the creatures eyes.
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes would have to be within 30' to make Obscurement effective. He's skipping it this round until they are Silenced.

Wes

"Obad Hai's blessing upon you", says Wes, handing the snare to the Princess.

Wes positions himself as far as he can from the man-apes, while still being able to see them. Calling once again upon the power of The Shalm, he begins a soft, lilting ensorselment, calling out to one of the creatures to come to his side.

Charm person Or Mammal (Enchantment/Charm)
Level: 2
Components: V, S
Range: 8"
Duration: Special
Saving Throw: Neg.
Area of Effect: One person or mammal
Casting Time: 4 segments

Explanation/Description: This spell will affect any single person or mammal it is cast upon. The creature then will regard the druid who cast the spell as a trusted friend and ally to be heeded and protected. The spell does not enable the druid to control the charmed creature as if it were an automaton, but any word or action of the druid will be viewed in its most favorable way.

Thus, a charmed creature would not obey a suicide command, but might believe the druid if assured that the only chance to save the druid's life is if the creature holds back an onrushing red dragon for "just a round or two".
Note also that the spell does not empower the druid with linguistic capabilities beyond those he or she normally possesses. The duration of the spell is a function of the charmed creature's intelligence, and it is tied to the saving throw.

The spell may be broken if a saving throw is made, and this saving throw is checked on a periodic basis according to the creature's intelligence.
Chance of being Suprised: 33%
Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Karaunios »

Elnaerel will cahnge her monringstar for her sling, and will hold her position. Maybe the creature's puzzlement will give them time for at least one volley before engaging in hand to hand combat.

Yirias follows the same logic and gets his longbow ready.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#91 Post by OGRE MAGE »

White Wasteland Welcome
Early Afternoon
Partly Sunny, Warm

After deliberately spreading out a minute ago, the straggles apparently take the time to reunite again.

The Princess returns to ask for magic, which she doesn’t receive.

Tlachtga also returns to the group, where she casts a spell that suddenly illuminates 4 of the beasts with a glowing purple outline, making them easier to see and target.

Cresty stops Lerrick from her chanting, essentially ending her spell before it had time to build. She gives the fighter her bracers and watches him climb a nearby tree with ease. Hoping to confuse the attackers, she casts a Silence spell at them, instead of the Princess, thrusting 3 of their group into complete silence, which does indeed seem to confuse them momentarily.

Wake stays hidden behind a thick tree, calling forth a bright light in the eyes of one adversary, essentially blinding the thing. It howls and claws at the air in front of its face to no avail.

Elnaerel and Yrias switch to missile weapons, holding their position in the trees.

Wes hands an enchanted length of vine over to the Princess, which immediately falls limp once the druid gives up possession of it, making it a normal vine again. Staying as far away as he can from any threats, he then uses his magic to force one of the monsters to do his bidding. The creature he concentrates on stops ripping through the trees for a moment, looking up and all around with a confused look on its hairy face.

Through it all however, the monsters don’t seem overly concerned, most of them still tearing through the druids conjured foliage, advancing to within striking distance for anyone wishing to engage, and leaving themselves wide open to any missile attacks from a distance.

Actions!

Wake (C3) AC:3 24/24 3/4 first 2/3 second Light:90
Elnaerel (C4) AC:3 30/30 5/5 1st 4/4 2nd
Waesfaren (D6) AC:7 53/53 6/6 1st 4/5 2nd 3/3 3rd 0/1 4th Bullseye Lantern
Princess AC:6 HP 5/5
Yrias AC:5 8/8 2/3 1st RM, CL, DM 1/1 1st Bless:5
Lerrick: (C5) AC:5 28/28 1st 5/5, 2nd 3/5 3rd 2/2 (Light Stone) Silence:10
Cresty: (F2) AC:4 17/17
Tlachtga (D5) AC7 35/35 1st 5/6 2nd 5/5 3rd 3/3 (Light Stone) FF:20
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Rex »

Tlachtga

Tlachtga casts FF on 4 more. The charmed one and the blinded one she will only cover if she has all the others already done.
kruk
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#93 Post by kruk »

<glup>

Cresty

The fighter fires two arrows at one of the the beast glowing from the druid's magic.
To hit and damage rolls respectively for arrow 1 and arrow 2: [1d20+2]=16+2=18[1d6]=1[1d20+2]=12+2=14[1d6]=3

Lerrick

The cleric a light on the eyes one of the closest foes that is not blinded by Wake's spell and the retreats further away from harms way attempting to hide behind a tree.

Lerrick casts Light spell on creature's eyes
Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Monsieur Rose »

The Princess

After looking at the limp vine in her hand, she shrugs and thanks Wes anyway. "Good luck"

She melds into the forest as elves are known to do, and tries to position herself to be able to see what happens when Cresty starts shooting.

The Princess waits a beat to see if the yetis split up at all. While she's waiting, she'll use the vine to tie a tripwire along her escape route.
OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#96 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Notifications not working again?
jemmus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by jemmus »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:59 pm Notifications not working again?
I got a notification about this question. :)
PCs

Dust to Dust (Stars Without Number) - Circuit Counsel Taavi Perttu
Big Shiny Island (AD&D 1E) - Theo, low charisma ranger
Samurai Adventures (Cold Iron) - Kiyoshi, ronin bushi
WW2 Supers d6 - Luther "Luke" Goodfox
gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by gurusql »

Wake

Wake will cast a second Light spell on a new target.
Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Rex »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 2:59 pm Notifications not working again?
Working for me.
Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Jernau35 »

Wes

Wes utilizes his ability to move quickly to try and stay out of melee range and launches a pair of Hunter's Hawks.

Hunter's Hawk (THACO 18) [1d20]=4; Dmg: [1d4]=4 [1d20]=12; Dmg: [1d4]=2
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

Return to “Big Shiny Island (1E Sandbox, with real sand)”