Happy New Year!!!

BackworldTraveller
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Happy New Year!!!

#81 Post by ateno »

Now that emergency procedures are in place, Phoenix will look around for Zoomer, to try and take care of him."
Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#82 Post by Hvalreki »

Solomon Tukera

Solomon wastes no time and pops in when the door opens. He takes the stairs 2 at a time until he is upstairs. He does his best to get the party goers attention.

If there is music playing he heads to where it's happening and tries to shut if off to be heard. He stands on a table to get command of the room and calls out.

"Friends I'm sorry this is an emergency, can you direct me towards the owner? Please there are people hurt outside and we need to help right away."
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by BackworldTraveller »

ateno wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:05 pm Now that emergency procedures are in place, Phoenix will look around for Zoomer, to try and take care of him."
Zoomer is still clinging to his stanchion...I hate zero-G. It makes me feel sick!
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Hvalreki wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:57 pm Solomon Tukera

Solomon wastes no time and pops in when the door opens. He takes the stairs 2 at a time until he is upstairs. He does his best to get the party goers attention.

If there is music playing he heads to where it's happening and tries to shut if off to be heard. He stands on a table to get command of the room and calls out.

"Friends I'm sorry this is an emergency, can you direct me towards the owner? Please there are people hurt outside and we need to help right away."
Solomon is directed to the Owner - who calls across the room Of course! Kirin, I'm going down. Solomon sees a body drift towards the window, get caught -out by the gravity field's gradient at the edge and start falling - flailing its arms as it goes.
Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#85 Post by Hvalreki »

Solomon Tukera

If there is any way to help the person falling outside the window he'll try, otherwise Solomon directs the owner and guests towards the window so they can see what's happened outside.

"It's a full G-break of the area around the concert. I don't know how many were there but it was packed. We need to help get them to safety before the gravitics get back on line. We could use the equipment in your store, vacc's, cables and mag boots would be a big help. I'm a trained ship's Marine, I can lead a rescue party if you can help equip one."
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#86 Post by ateno »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:52 pm
ateno wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:05 pm Now that emergency procedures are in place, Phoenix will look around for Zoomer, to try and take care of him."
Zoomer is still clinging to his stanchion...I hate zero-G. It makes me feel sick!
How far is he, can I reach him I will say "We have to get him." If she can reach him or throw a line or something.

Phoenix
The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by The Bindoner »

Nehnya

Hearing the rumble, Nehnya is more convinced that something bigger than a localised grav-failure is happening. She continues looking for someone (preferably from the security team) to talk to, but, confronted with people in distress at close proximity, is drawn to help.
dongriffiths
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#88 Post by dongriffiths »

Einar

Seeing Solomon go inside Einar pauses in the hope that equipment will be available shortly and breaking in will not be necessary.

He looks around to judge where the exact transition point between zero-g and normal is with the intention of entering the zero-g area and climbing a wall on the edge so he can gently shepherd people down if the drift into range.
Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit.
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Solomon is met by a gruff, elderly resident sporting (unusually for a belter) a full beard. Well that's the first time I've heard of a useful Imperial Marine - But yep, if you can use what I've got, I can't complain And with that he makes his way across the party floor. Kirin, You'd best get this lot organised as there's bound to be people hurt and to you She used to be in the Fire & Air team when she was younger.

Einar, carefully approaching the gravity cliff at the end of the alley, can see the main problem - those who know how to rescue themselves in low-G are being blocked by those that don't - and a few of those are panicking and throwing whole groups into disorder. What doesn't help is that one of the near groups tries to grab him as he comes in range.
Dodge or Grab and pull? If grabbing, roll 2d+athletics(dexterity) skill+Dex Bonus, to avoid losing your own grip
Nehnya breaks past the first rush of people leaving. At the end of her alley, the mass is more disorganised that near Einar's alley (in that there are more people airborne) - but a security officer seems to have arranged a small group of tourists, and is angling those towards the gap in the between the bank and the mining equipment store where Nehnya is now standing. They are off the ground and floating but only about 20cm up. Above them is a trail of red blobs emanating from someone's nose!

Clambering down the stage framework, Phoenix arrives at Zoomer's location. Sorry he whines I've always hated Zero-G - it makes me sick. As soon as I finish school, I'm off to somewhere with real gravity! So how do we get off here?

On the security feed
Mr Vipach - This is Sigur Firebrand for the KPRA - I'm officially declaring an emergency. Please confirm your staff deployment and contact any that are off-duty. We have 11 He hesitates no 12 confirmed missile hits in the ship-parking area, gravity has been taken down in one internal section and I'm suspicious that the casualties at the powerplant are indicative of something there too. Our video surveillance appears to be displaying empty corridors even where I can see people standing, so that's compromised too. My staff are all on assigned duties. Do you have any spare?

Several phones can be heard going off in the crowds.
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#90 Post by ateno »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:03 am Clambering down the stage framework, Phoenix arrives at Zoomer's location. Sorry he whines I've always hated Zero-G - it makes me sick. As soon as I finish school, I'm off to somewhere with real gravity! So how do we get off here?
"You stay with me, people think I'm important, so we will have the best chance together."

*Where are my people to lead me out of there?* She thinks and looks around.

Phoenix
dongriffiths
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#91 Post by dongriffiths »

Einar

As the nearby group flails out trying to grab Einar he maintains a firm grip and grabs an arm.

Slowly he begins to reel in the group.

"Stay calm use the wall to help you get down to ground level, gravity is working just beyond this point"
Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit.
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Grognardsw »

Isaac C. Heinlein, security, mercenary
On the security feed
Mr Vipach here… Please confirm your staff deployment and contact any that are off-duty. ….Do you have any spare?
Ike Heinlein reporting - Concert security unit of six busy with crowd retrieval,” Ike replied on the security line. “When client (Phoenix) secure, will proceed to your location”
ateno wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:40 pm
*Where are my people to lead me out of there?* She thinks and looks around.

Phoenix
Helen of security is with Phoenix.

Ike propels down to where Phoenix is standing. He nods and smiles at Helen. “Didn’t expect this.”

Are you okay Phoenix?”

“Lets head backstage and to the right, out of this zero-g.”

Ike and Helen grab Phoenix and assist her along, using the cables that snake along the stage to the back.
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by ateno »

Grognardsw wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:43 amAre you okay Phoenix?”

“Lets head backstage and to the right, out of this zero-g.”

Ike and Helen grab Phoenix and assist her along, using the cables that snake along the stage to the back.
Phoenix grabs Zoomer "Come along sir, I told you someone would come for us."

She straps her guitar across her back and follows as directed.

Phoenix
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by BackworldTraveller »

As the initial rush of the chaos of the gravity failure starts to wear off the various groups manage to each execute their various plans for a few minutes

Ike, Andras (with his cable reel), Helen, Zoomer and Phoenix start to work their way east between the cavern wall and the residential building, followed by other back stage staff and the Penguins. Unexpectedly, one tile in the very north-east corner retains a 1/2G pull! The narrow gap between the eastern most residences and the wall looks relatively easy to navigate given that both walls can be reached at the same time. Some of the audience seem to have worked their way onto this path about half-way down.

Nehnya eases a few nearby people into the alley by the Mining Goods store - A security type seems to be propelling people in her direction at slow speed while fending off the rest of the crowd and somehow managing to keep grounded

Solomon's foray upstairs has resulted in the door to the store being opened, and (after a few moments) emergency cables being lifted off the shelves for deployment. These are anchored to the building stanchion by the door-frame and passed to Einar to aid in his activities. In the mean time, Einar has pulled a couple of concert-goers into the alley and while one heads away quickly, the other offers to hold on to the cable if Einar is going into the crowd.

Phenrey, Otto and Will (with Margaret) are being tussled in the centre - on floor or ceiling respectively.

Those in contact with the floor feel a rumble - almost like you'd imagine a small earthquake to feel - followed by the main lights going out and emergency side-lights retaining just a flicker of illumination.
Dark Crowd.png
Dark Crowd.png (22.52 KiB) Viewed 33698 times
These cast a frightening set of shadows that elicits appropriate screams and exclamations from the audience and rescuers.
Dark Crowd 2.png
Dark Crowd 2.png (245.4 KiB) Viewed 33698 times
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#95 Post by ateno »

Phoenix holds on to Zoomer and reaches out to Helen.

"Tell me about the planets you want to move to Zoomer, keep talking."

Phoenix
Hvalreki
Ranger
Ranger

#96 Post by Hvalreki »

Solomon Tukera

Solomon flexes automatically as the floor quakes to maintain his balance. Helping the cable deployment and rescue he continues to try and reach his team channel via Comms.

"Team, anyone, this is Sollie, sound off if you are receiving. I'm in the alley behind the concert area on the rescue lines. Assemble there, threat condition Charlie*."

*Threatcon Charlie - intelligence indicating hostile action against personnel or facilities is imminent.

This of course all assumes the gravity is still on when the lights go off...
dongriffiths
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#97 Post by dongriffiths »

Einar:

Addressing the volunteer helper "Thank you, please anchor it."

Einar pushes off into the crowd and begins guiding them down the cable.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by BackworldTraveller »

"Due to a multi-generator failure, gravity in public spaces will be lowered to 50%" blares from the public address speakers. A slow sensation of lightening follows as the ground's pull is slowly cut back. Meanwhile, the lights also start to return - but only about half of the strips are now on.

On the security channel This is definitely an attack - I'm shutting the pressure doors until we can get people to ID check at each location.

And with that announcement, the large inter-section shutters can be heard moving into place.

Boronu calls in Sorry guys - I'm sending Sif, Ishala and Leeh to the powerplant. You'll have to rescue yourselves. There is a medical trolley team in the lift heading for Mullins in Old Town. The other is heading back to base from the Powerplant with their casualties.

The announcement has the effect of agitating the crowd.

Nehnya manages to pull one of the security officer's charges to safety and can hear Angeo callingThanks - Keep going!

Solomon finally hears from Augustino Hi Boss - Sorry I was asleep. There's some kind of alarm here. I'll try and find Shore and then see what we can do.
Aided by a passer-by, Solomon attaches the jerking cable as he watches Einar leap into the horde with his cable. Einar's arrival triggers a bit of a scramble in which a few manage to grab hold and start their way to safety while others just bump into each other: at least one starts floating away towards Phenrey on the ceiling.

Backstage, Phoenix and Zoomer are edging their way along the narrow alley - holding onto both sides and making good progress. Zoomer confides I quite fancied Mora. All those people - my drumming should make me a living there. But it's so far off. So maybe Lunion first. If I make a name for myself there, then I could get to Mora First Class. Oddly, today's disaster might get me noticed. No such thing as bad publicity! Right?

The others are being shepherded by Andras (at the back) and Ike (at the front). As Ike passess the alley back to the main auditorium/square he can see that a few people have manoeuvred their way into that narrow space and are heading in the same direction as you. The leaders will soon reach the junction and get tangled in the snake of back-stage people behind him.

The deep rumbling has finally stopped. With the closing of the pressure doors, the sounds from the Strip are stilled to nothing.
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#99 Post by ateno »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:54 am Backstage, Phoenix and Zoomer are edging their way along the narrow alley - holding onto both sides and making good progress. Zoomer confides I quite fancied Mora. All those people - my drumming should make me a living there. But it's so far off. So maybe Lunion first. If I make a name for myself there, then I could get to Mora First Class. Oddly, today's disaster might get me noticed. No such thing as bad publicity! Right?
"I can see your reasoning, how about when we get out of here I ask as a favor to my company what they think a young up and coming drummer should do given what you want to do, not the corp idea. You don't want to sign something unless two different lawyers say its ok, given what you wnat to do."

Internal monologue, thinking about a song."*Rumbling down below, Peopel made into overflow... no. Plateau.. hm.. P
eople knocked low*"

Phoenix is keeping him talking so he does not freak out, but is sincere

Phoenix
Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by Grognardsw »

From my post #92, Ike is with Pheonix.

Announments made over the security channel, are those heard by just Ike in his radio ear? Or on loudspeakers, which everyone hears and reacts to? I assume the former.

Return to “Bowman (Traveller MgT2)”